“Spa day”

Hallmark Hotel Spa and Leisure Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy an invigorating workout in the gym or be pampered by an experienced therapist at our Health club Bournemouth. The Hallmark Spa Hotel Bournemouth has extensive facilities including: Relaxing indoor swimming pool, 2 spa pools, Sauna, Steam room, Jacuzzi, Aromatherapy cave, Relaxation lounge, 4 beauty treatment rooms, Gym area with NEW Matrix CV machines, Extensive free weights area, Full range of resistance stations, Aquafit classes every Monday 10am & Thursday 11am. FREE to members, £3 for non-members Personal training sessions available 7 days a week (from £25-35 per hour) BUY 2 SESSIONS GET 1 FREE!Spa Hotel Bournemouth Opening times: Fitness Centre 7.00 am – 9.30 pm, Open 7 days a week. Last entry 9.00 pm Health Spa 8.00 am – 7.30 pm, Open 7 days a week, Last entry 7.00 pm.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Spa day”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Visited the hotel for a spa day with a friend, the facilities were good with a very large hot tub, steam room, sauna & aromatherapy room along with a relaxation room were you can lie on sun loungers and read a magazine. The spa is in the hotels basement so no natural light coming through. Had a massage which was the best I've ever had. Would not bother with the lunch again as had to get dressed half way through the day to go and eat in the restaurant upstairs. Did not want to sit up there in my dressing gown where there was a wedding going on! And the food from the spa day menu was very bland, so I would go for food somewhere else afterwards instead. Overall a nice spa if you get a good deal.

1 Thank elliebtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“No way is this 4 star”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at hallmark hotel for 2 nights. Upon arriving was asked to pay for the room even though I already had. Was sent 3 times to the wrong room. The receptionist also struggled to find it. Wifi didn't work in the room. I booked an executive room. Had to ask at reception was it an executive room as it was so small. TV remote didn't work. I was told upon arrival to press 0 if I needed anything as there would always be someone on the desk. Tried 3 separate times to contact reception and couldn't get hold on anyone. This hotel should is a very average 3 star. Very dated! Do not stay here if you are looking for something modern or high end.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“AWFUL nights sleep”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Picture the scene: husbands birthday, nana looking after our 20 month old toddler for the night. Romantic rendevous at a hotel.. (husbands face lit up like a christmas tree!)
It is 02:00 and we are currently sitting through the live version of Jeremy Kyle in the room next door. Walls are paper thin. From what I can gather, the man knows what he '*ucking done' 'he *ucked up' but he knows his lady friend has been 'talking to his mate'. Cue lots of screaming and crying. I feel sorry for families, we have had less sleep than when at home with our teething toddler.

2 Thank Jimjamjaroony
Oxford, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Not quite the 4 star given. NEEDS SOME TLC”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here Monday 28th to 30th April 2014. We booked a 2 night spa package with spa breaks.com

Total cost was £300 for us.

Room upgrade was another £40 which we declined.

Room 7 was spacious and the bathroom in particular was huge with a full size bath and power shower

The room looked directly on the road which was OK.

The twin beds were quite old with springs on mine that were in need of some changing.

The bedding however was new and comfortable.

The decor was tired, and obviously in need of an update.

Money has been spent on the ground floor and the dining and dining area but yet to reach upstairs.

Overall rating of room was 2 /5
Tea and coffee facilities, iron, hairdryer and bathroom condiments were fine. Room cleaning fair.

Our package included food in the main restaurant on one evening and breakfast on both mornings. Which was first class. The menu was maybe a little too posh for the hotel as it far outweighed the look of the hotel. However, the food was delicious, hot and what one would expect in and 4 star.

Staff were very helpful and available at all times.

Point not happy with was having to have £50 secured on my card when we checked in due to some guests damaging property. This won't go back onto my card until 3 working days.

Spa itself was OK. Pool and hot tub area is beautiful. The female changing rooms were OK but the showers had mould which needs attending.

There is work on updating currently at the spa which meant my mother was taken up to the 4th floor of the hotel into a disused bedroom for her treatment. I was taken to a room off the main swimming pool (again out of spa area)

Treatments were good again spa staff were exeptional

Hotel on last morning I woke to a dull alarm sound. I knew It was too loud for a car alarm but it sounded muted. 5 mins later it became loud in our room and then off. I opened to door to see people leaving building !!! Fire alarms were sounding.

We got dressed and about to leave to be greeted by and a member of staff to say it was a false alarm.

All other guests were evacuated. Not sure if there was a fault in our floor but the alarm was not loud enough; would there have been a fire we may have struggled or hesitated to realise we needed to leave building.

The lounge area again is a little tired. Overall the hotel is good, friendly helpful staff.

Food excellent

Value for money hmm I think the tariff too expensive for the hotel in its current decor state. It is more like 3 star.

Very good location for the beach are and shops.

Wasn't much info for families so I would not consider it family friendly.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excelent Service”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I love it! Excelent service, excelent pool, excelent conditions,... five stars!!!! I want to go back!

Visited April 2014