“Good place to play but a bit dirty”
Review of The Good Play Cafe

The Good Play Cafe
Ranked #35 of 76 things to do in Bournemouth
More attraction details
Owner description: The Good Play Café is a friendly and bright soft play café in Southbourne, Bournemouth, designed for children 5 years and under. The Good Play Cafe welcomes under 8's to use the play frame at weekends, during school holidays and weekdays after 3pm.With a state-of-the-art four metre play frame plus padded slide into a room with play balls its a great play environment. There is a separate area for younger children equipped with toys and padded shapes. Lots of activities each week as well as the school holidays run from the 'Underwater Garden' room. Different play prices depend on childs age with babies 0-6 momths free, sibling discount applies. Public car parking three minutes walk away.
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Need more quality food, you can tell it's cheap, grand job with the classes etc which take place downstairs, place is a bit grubby in the play area and toys are broken, noticed a bit of mouldy damp underneath..kids love it though and its great to have this place just up the road. Friendly staff.

1  Thank Lauren B

Reviewed 26 November 2013

went here for the first time last week with my daughter, she loved the concept and it was great for all adults too. she really enjoyed all of the toys and i was able to sit down and have a coffee!

1  Thank emmaleexx630
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We come quite regularly to the Good Play Café and always have a great time. Today, we had my daughter's 3rd birthday party there. It was brilliant. The children had a fantastic time, the party food was lovely, the party bags were good, the place was spotless and nicely decorated, the cake was beautiful and the staff were so friendly and helpful. We grown-ups were able to enjoy ourselves (when not chasing toddlers around the play area!). A great party venue.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Overall I would say this is a lovely play cafe with very friendly staff,however after 3pm can get very rough with older children and in 2 occasions having to leave as my toddler has been knocked over and pushed around by them. On the website it does say under 8s welcome after school but I wasn't aware of this until I looked later on. Possibly could have been mentioned before I paid? I have left this cafe twice now pretty stressed out and feel its a bit small for any child over 5 really. But, on quieter days perfect :-D

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My daughter Charlotte celebrated her 4th birthday with a party at The Good Play Café today. I have nothing but good things to say about our experience (and I am very picky!)

I booked back in August so was lucky enough to have the room downstairs exclusively for our party. This was a godsend as it meant we were able to put our coats etc down there as well as having a private space to do some party games that we had organised ourselves, after the food. We didn't pay to hire the entire venue exclusively but this still didn't become overcrowded even though it was a Saturday.

The staff were very helpful and attentive and I was very impressed with how clean the whole place was. The children (and parents) were all very happy with the selection and quality of food that was provided for the birthday tea. The included birthday cake was lovely and an added bonus.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this venue to my friends for a party or just somewhere to bring their child to play and I intend to return.

1  Thank Helen T