“A great place to eat vegan food and meet interesting people”
Review of Mad Cucumber

Mad Cucumber
Ranked #2 of 16 Dessert in Bournemouth
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We visited the Mad Cucumber for the first time for our evening meal. For starters we tried the hummus with crudités, and also some garlic bread. This was all good and the crudités were lovely and crunchy! For the mains, my husband had the goulash with buckwheat, and I selected the mushroom stroganoff. I was impressed with how creamy this was, and the mushrooms were delicious. My husband was pleased with the fresh taste of his dish, a good portion of tasty veg, with an interesting addition of buckwheat. Quite an unusual taste. We had space left at the end to try the chocolate brownies - these are getting quite a reputation and we could see why! Very tasty. All in all a very pleasant experience. There is a nice atmosphere in the cafe, with free wifi thrown in as an added bonus. On Tuesday nights they have open mic night. Lots of character and friendly, efficient staff. We hope that this place does well - it's worth a visit!

1  Thank Deborah V
There are newer reviews for Mad Cucumber

Reviewed 19 March 2014

It could be that we just happened to visit on a quiet night, but it felt a bit lacking in ambience. However the teas were wonderful, amazing unusual selection and we had delicious cake too, mmmm!

2  Thank Quaintrelle R
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have been to the Mad Cucumber multiple times and I have to say, I love this place! I just cannot fault it at all. The atmosphere is wonderful, fun, relaxed, calming. The staff are happy, friendly and approachable (even for a shy person like myself!) The decor is just wonderful, so pleasant and unique. And the food.. well, it's perfect. Great portions and great taste, I always feel full but never uncomfortably so after a meal here, and I always have to try and squeeze some cake in because it's so good! All of them! I love the variety of people and ages this place caters for,it really is great for everyone including children who they provide toys for.There are books and games to look at too, such a lovely idea. I really am so glad this place is doing well because it deserves to, their motives and dedication can't be faulted and if I could I would eat here every single day of my life. Well done Mad Cucumber!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The welcoming staff have made this cafe the best place in Bournemouth to relax over a drink or a meal (tasty black bean enchiladas and mushroom stroganof). The staff really care about what they are doing and went out of their way to make sure we had a great experience. I am vegan but my non-vegan friends were also very impressed. The vegan cakes are absolutely fantastic and must be tried! We'll be back!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Loved the food, the juices, everything. Vegan heaven.
Lovely staff, and a warm environment made this a regular place to stop during the day, early evening

1  Thank RobbieDodd