“Starting to look a bit tired unfortunately”

Lollipops Play Cafe Bournemouth
Ranked #28 of 75 things to do in Bournemouth
More attraction details
Owner description: 'Lollipops Play Cafe' is situated in Westbourne, in a beautifully converted church hall.It offers a fun, safe, clean and friendly haven to parents, carers and children alike. The inviting coffee shop enables parents/carers to relax and enjoy the homemade menu on offer while the little ones play on the 3 levels playframe.Ages 8 and under depending on time of the day - please check.
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Ideal for little ones but not so great once over 3. The soft play has started to rip and so have the chairs - the kids menu is good but not so great for adults. You often have to search through the cupboards in the toilets for the paper towel which is never in the dispenser. Last time we were there the safety gate was broken. Such a shame. The staff are really lovely though.

hotcocolate70, Owner at Lollipops Play Cafe Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

hi Lisa,

Thank you for your feedback.

I agree that the chairs are getting tired, we are therefore in the process of replacing them. We had all the big "loose" soft play equipment re-upholstered in the last few weeks. With regards to the gate, unfortunately a forceful parent damaged it and it took us a few days for an engineer to fix it... Luckily all is sorted now :-) I would love to hear your suggestions for addition to our Adults Menu... please feel free to email us on hello@lollipopsplaycafe.com. Looking forward to seeing you again. Carole x

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Took my 4 and 6 year old up lollipops for the Halloween disco,it was fantastic! The staff were so friendly and made a massive effort to interactive with the kids! Really hope to go to more events like this at lollipops,as it couldn't have been any better!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Going to Lollipops regularly and my family loves it! Took my 5years and 2years old last Saturday morning and we had a great time. It was busy, but not over crowded. We like the fact that it is for 5years old and under at that time of the day. The staff was friendly, took time to have a chat with the kids, coffees and cakes really nice, coffee shop was clean and the whole operation seemed well organised, bearing in mind a birthday party was going on - cant fault it!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Today we had my daughters 4th birthday party a Lollipops and it was wonderful. The staff were friendly, professional and helpful, everything went smoothly. We had a disco, great face painting and lots of fun was had in the soft play area. So little stress for me as they handled all the food, the events of the day, a lovely cake for the adults and even the party bags, Our little princess had the perfect time !

Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is a really lovely little play café. There is a big climbing structure which is suitable for toddlers, and a dedicated space for non-walkers. The seating is situated around the play structure so it's easy to keep an eye on kiddies while you have one of the lovely tea-pig cups of tea, or range of 'proper' coffees. I went today and also treated myself to one of their bacon butties. Mmmm, delicious. They also had a really good FREE activity today for children today at lunchtime where little ones could make their own sandwich. This is such a lovely idea and I will definitely go back when they do it again (I can't remember the details but they do this regularly apparently). Lovely staff, lovely venue and lovely food. What more can I say. x