“Just perfect”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Just perfect”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Had my wedding reception there and I can't fault the service, the way they set everything out and I can't praise them enough. David and the staff where just fantastic.
Chris and Michelle

• Stayed October 2011
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this review, 30 October 2011
Dear Chris and Michelle,
Many thanks for posting a review on trip advisor referring to your recent special day with us which the team and I were delighted to be a part of. Please be assured that you kind comments will be passed on to the team members involved.
Paul Clarke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Polish first
Midlands
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We have stayed at Eastcliff on several occasions as it has a lovely location, overlooking the sea. We were allocated Room 1012 which we thought was very nice, with a side view of the sea at no extra cost. The only downside to it was the very small bathroom which was accessed by a sliding door. The shower tap was acting up but hopefully this is going to be fixed.
The staff do their absolute best to make your stay as comfortable as possible and the
restaurant lady manager was 'top notch', greeting you with your name and making sure you
were satisfied. The hotel has high standards despite what it said on this site. I am sure
it is very difficult to please every person as we live in a very diverse country. My hat goes off to the Manager who responds to each review and without doubt tries to give everyone an excellent service. We will continue to stay at this hotel or Menzies Carlton Hotel which is next door - also an excellent hotel. Car parking is free unlike some hotels who have started to charge. Keep up the good work Mr Menzies!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MerikaEngland
Dear Guest,
My sincere thanks for taking the time to complete a review on trip advisor. The team and I were delighted that you enjoyed your stay, the room you refer to is one of many that will be part of a bedroom refurbishment in early 2012, and the sliding doors will be removed as part of this.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future
chiltern hundreds
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Plus side : Staff very friendly and helpful. Cuisine at breakfast and dinner was excellent. The "public" areas of the hotel were up to the expected standard.
Minus side : Bedroom and en-suite bathroom were clean and tidily prepared, but the decor seemed "tired" and needed some refurbishment. Noisy air conditioning near-by.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the food, I have passed the feedback onto the chef.

As you mention some of our 67 rooms are in need with some refurbishment.I am in the process of compiling schedules for a bedroom refurbishment programme which will commence during the winter period which will greatly conribute towards the other great rooms and facilites that we have.Two weeks ago all of the bedrooms were upgraded with 26inch flat screen televisions which has provided a great new upgraded facility for guests.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I went through 3 unsuitable rooms on offer when I checked in. Finally managed room 1027 as a compromise. Super heatedly hot room, not through heating though, flat roof stuff. Room tatty, tired but appeared clean. By 12 midnight I settled for bed, only to adjust the pillows I had spent the last 2 hours resting against to find they were riddled with bed bugs and fleas. UTTERLY, UTTERLY disgusting. This is a 4* hotel for christ sake.

Granted a lovely lass from the restaurant (on duty that night) moved me to yet another room, but I still got no sleep after 13.30, it's just too disgusting and scratchy to think about, how would anybody sleep after that???

I stayed the next day (strangely, but hey?) then I got the 2 x 20 year old girls from hell in the next room giving it large until past midnight. Reception did tell them to tone it down at 10pm when I complained, but it made no difference.

I booked for 3 days and left on day 2. The experience was utterly horrible. However, the restaurant food was good and the lass (Katzia?? in the restaurant was exceptional, lovely, bright, empathetic and accommodating).

Bed bugs have to be the worse thing ever. This is a 4 * hotel. My back is still covered in a rash from the bugs, I feel totally disgusted. I have scrubbed myself head to foot, but bed bugs just make me cringe and I laid on those pillows for 2 hours. Oh god, I feel so sick and scratchy again. VILE.

This hotel has BED BUGS and it is a 4 star hotel. They won't be in every room (hopefully), but are they in the room they will allocate to you? 1000+ rooms are the old rooms in the back end of the building over looking the bins etc. cheap rooms. 1100+ are in the front of the hotel with better facilities, views, and lesser likelihood of bed bugs, but who knows.............

4* hotel it maybe, but I found the bed bugs and they did not compensate me for anything. I paid for my room and expenses, then left early. I would have expected substantially more compensation, input, concern than was given at the time. Utterly, poorly mishandled

Go find another hotel. Never book here. BED BUGS

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for placing feedback on trip advisor. I have to say I was most disappointed to read your comments as I did actually speak to you on departure from the hotel. You accepted by way of apology and gesture of goodwill a refund of your first nights stay and the offer of a one night’s stay with my compliments in the future, which you make no reference to in your feedback.
Referring to the bed bugs and fleas, please be assured we take your comments seriously. For you to suggest that your room was riddled with them is totally unfounded. One insect and no fleas were found. As a precautionary measure a professional company has treated the room to pro actively ensure there are no occurrences in the future. We have a very strict spring cleaning programme to compliment a rigorous daily cleaning schedule. I am confident that this is an isolated incident, as I am not aware of issues from any of our other bedrooms. As you rightly point out we have 67 rooms which are all in different styles of decor, only one overlooks the bin area.
I was pleased to read that Kasia put you in a sea facing room with a balcony once your concerns were raised on the evening. We discussed when you departed the noise from the other guests, as I explained we expect all of our guests to behave in an appropriate manner and on occasion they do not. I was pleased that the night porter spoke to the guests but disappointed that the guests continued to be noisy. Had we of known this further appropriate action would have been taken.
I am sorry for the experience your received. As already mentioned I spoke to you in person when you left and I thought you were happy with what I offered. I am sure that other potential guests will refer to the many other positive comments we have had before making their decision to stay at the East Cliff.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We hosted an anniversary party for friends and family (who stayed at the sister hotel - Carlton - see seperate review). The garden suite was layed out exactly as requested, allowing room for a live band and dance floor. Bar staff and waiters were very friendly while remaining professional and efficent. Food - what can I say - everyone commented that the buffet food was excellent in both presentation and taste. Top points to the chefs on duty.
We would recommend the hotel to anyone wishing a professional organised yet friendly venue for any event.

1 Thank louise_bmth
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post feedback on tripadvisor, the team and I were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time.

dorset
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We Just held our daughters wedding at the hotel. Angela helped us from day 1 right upto the day.Nothing was to much trouble. Angela was a star,david took over on the day he never stopped he was still running around at 01.00 am.the next morning. When we went to meet the newly weds the next morning at the hotel there was david still offering his help.
They had a lovely room for 2 days to use. Everything we asked for was done straight away all the pressure was taken away from us we didnt have to do a thing.
We would like to thank you all for making the day so special and would highly recommend the EAST CLIFF COURT HOTEL

Room Tip: Front of hotel
2 Thank carolinenorris
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for posting a review on trip advisor referring to your daughters recent special day with us which the team and I were delighted to be a part of. As you rightly say David is amazing and always puts 110% into the events that he runs, please be assured that you kind comments will be passed on to the rest of the team as they love getting positive feedback.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Second year running at this lovely hotel and we were not disappointed. This hotel is really well run with every member of staff making you feel welcome. The evening meals were superb along with great service.

We look forward to another return in the not too distant future.

1 Thank CazBaz_11
Dear Guest,
My sincere thanks for taking the time to complete a review on trip advisor. The team and I were delighted that you enjoyed your stay, We all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future