“A Winning Experience”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed in the East Cliff Court for four nights to watch the Powerboat Racing festival and I cant give higher praise to the staff, room comfort, quietude and all round excellent hotel experience. The staff were superb, friendly, efficient but professional. The location of the hotel was the best I've yet encountered, gives the most panoramic views of the sea and beach of any Bournemouth hotel. It was perfect for watching the powerboat racing. The WIFI was strong and we could attend to our business matters.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 June 2014

just returned from a one night stay at the East cliff court. I had booked a room to celebrate a special anniversary. Unfortunately my partner recently had injured his leg. I emailed the hotel to ask about parking and a possible upgrade as thought we may be spending more time in our room than we had planned!! I was very impressed with the quick response and information provided.
Was impressed with the welcome I received when we arrived and the lady was aware of my emails and had upgraded me to a sea view. The room was lovely with a big balcony, my partner especially liked the mini rock provided!!.
The hotel is very close to the east cliff lift making it easy to access the beach below.
We also used the indoor swimming facilities in the next door hotel (Carlton). This had a Jacuzzi in which was some help to my partners injured leg. The facilities are alittle dated but useable and clean.
We had a lovely 3 course meal in the restaurant in the hotel which was very reasonable priced. Alittle slow in the service at the bar, but I was in no rush.
Overall a good stay some areas are alittle dated as others have commented but I enjoyed my stay would definitely recommend a sea veiw

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel previously, and were very impressed so decided to book again. The room we were in was extremely small, I have stayed in 3 star hotels with bigger and better equipped rooms. Unfortunately for us, there was a wedding party who took over the hotel the night before the wedding. The next day every chair anywhere in the hotel was taken over by rowdy wedding party guests. We could not get a drink at the bar due to the numbers in the bar. They eventually went to a room but at 8 pm and a stag party crowd took over the bar. My husband and I do not expect to go to a 4 star hotel for a break away and feel we are in a rowdy nightclub. Most disappointed as I so enjoyed the hotel the previous time and rated it highly.

2  Thank lantana21
Reviewed 31 May 2014

After a fantastic Christmas and New Year 2013/2014 We returned with another group for a 7 night stay. To be greeted by the hotels general manager on arrival,we thought they had changed the Chef Although the food on previous visits was good The new menu`s are even more inviting. The dining room staff were attentive polite nothing seemed to much trouble. We look forward to our next visit in september.great to arrive for the Bournemouth Wheels festival It seemed to be a great success So much so we will return for next years show. Many thanks to all at the hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is what it is! It's a classic English, large seaside hotel where you may see Mr. Bean on holiday. Clean yet slightly dated rooms. Comfortable beds.... ( not the pillows). Excellent location and superb customer service. The food is in keeping with the hotel. The overall price seems to be paying for the location and not the hotel. The bottom line; don't expect too much, just relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: Room 117. Good room with balcony
1  Thank Angie W
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had a great long weekend break at East Cliff Court again saying in double room with sea view, first evening decided to have dinner in restaurant very nice meal and service to match, staff as per normal very friendly and helpful.
We have already reserved a room for our next trip to Bournemouth, would recommend this hotel
as we have always enjoyed our stays.
Many thanks to Paul & team D&T

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent a night there just me and my two young sons aged eight and eleven. Its supposed to be 4 stars but it definitely should be happy with 3stars. Just because it has a grand piano doesn't make it any better. The double room was standard and basic with no air conditioning so thank goodness it was a cool night. No view from the window which had cobwebs. I was awoken at 7am by music coming from the hotel or outside which went on for hours.
Buffet Breakfast was over £11 per person extra and there was this snooty guy in charge making things slightly uncomfortable . I like my tea for breakfast and my pet dislike is the waiter has control of the coffee and tea pots so one has to wave to them to bring over some more tea instead of leaving it to the guest. It wasn't the worst but for the price i have been in better hotels that were far cheaper...like the Premier Inn where i stayed the next night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family