We booked this hotel many months in advance as we were attending a function in Bournemouth. Since I did not receive a booking confirmation, I emailed again requesting one. No reply. Once I called up I was promised one, but again, nothing arrived. On my second call someone finally sent the booking confirmation through.
The hotel does not have any grounds to speak of, but parking is available. The seafront location makes for great views, although you have to walk for a few minutes to find the access to the beach below.
Check-in was quick and no problem, and the rate was actually cheaper than we had booked. We were given a room on the mezanine floor. The room was pokey (although with a side view of the sea), no aircon (altough there was a fan), no fridge, and the bathroom door opened near the bed (and was made of non-clear glass), overall giving little privacy. The bathroom was tiny, definitly a one-person room. The toilet is so near the wall that you touch the toilet roll holder with your shoulder. There was only space for one person to stand between bath, toilet and sink. The bath was old with some mould (would not have a bath in there, barely alright for a shower). The shower had good pressure, but I could not turn it off - my husband had to help me. Little space for toiletries, especially around the sink. Towels were big and fluffy though.
I was disappointed as I would have expected more from a four star hotel, especially in the bathroom.
Breakfast is only served until 10 o'clock, which is a bit early for the weekend, when people may want to have a lie-in. We were told breakfast was served until 9.30, probably so that we would be out of there by 10. On the first morning we beat the rush, and had a pleasant service. Typical hot breakfast, with some cereal, toast, rolls and crosaints. On the second day we were part of the rush, and staff seemed to struggle. Things ran out, we had to ask several times for coffee and tea, and it took a long time to replensih those things that had run out.
Overall, neither breakfast nor room was four star, altough all the staff were lovely. We did not get to use the pool, which only had a few sun beds scattered around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff is the perfect Bournemouth beach hotel, offering spectacular sea views and a bright and modern interior. The hotel is pleased to have been highly recommended at the Bournemouth Tourism Awards in 2012 and again in 2013. Located on the quiet East Cliff, the hotel is just a few minutes' walk away from the seven miles of golden beaches in Bournemouth and only a ten minute walk from the town centre, BIC (Bournemouth International Centre), and Pavilion. The Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, stands adjacent to its sister hotel, the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton and just 2 miles away from the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, and collectively, our Bournemouth beach hotels offer a truly extensive range of facilities including onsite car parking and complimentary Wi-Fi. The Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff also offers family rooms and direct sea facing rooms with balconies for a small supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies East Cliff Court Bournemouth Hotel Bournemouth
- Menzies East Cliff Court Hotel