Had a four night stay during the air festival in a superior room /balcony/sea view. All in all I really don't think that these rooms are worth the money they charge. Equally I am not sure how they achieve the four stars or indeed how often they are checked to maintain this.
I accept that a lot of hotels become a little tired from time to time.To us there is no excuse for the following ;
Room ; Had French doors leading to the small balcony....only one opened due to damage to the other one... no fridge or safe .. included in other 4 star hotels we have stayed in. We did eventually get a fridge but I guess we were lucky
Bathroom ;lid on pedal bin broken and just placed on top... which we kept forgetting about and probably disturbed our neighbours each time it dropped to the floor.
Shower head cracked ....flooded floor when used...despite the poor water pressure. Managed to get a replacement.
Pubic hair in bath .
Room service, No additional charge... good. Having to wait a while.... acceptable... half of your meal missing...not so acceptable..had to eat the vegetables missing from my meal as a dessert !!
Swimming pool...never used .Also never saw it being cleaned. The same carrier bag and leaflet/magazine remained in the pool throughout the four days.
Leisure facilities..as someone else pointed out ...very dirty throughout. Changing rooms were regularly littered with numerous dirty towels and bathrobes ....only toilet blocked , smelling and not repaired for two days.Only shower,dirtyand leaking. Water cooler, leaking , located on a rotting mat.
People were allowed to walk from outside areas into the indoor leisure facilities. Jacussi burning hot one day..complained..got an apology but weren't asked how we were .Not hot enough to scald although certainly stung our feet before we quickly exited.
Managed to leave a set of keys behind...two phone calls later promising to ring us back....we are still waiting.. the last one being from the deputy manager...still waiting.....
Yes breakfasts are nice and the staff are friendly , however that doesn't make up for everything else wrong with this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff is the perfect Bournemouth beach hotel, offering spectacular sea views and a bright and modern interior. The hotel is pleased to have been highly recommended at the Bournemouth Tourism Awards in 2012 and again in 2013. Located on the quiet East Cliff, the hotel is just a few minutes' walk away from the seven miles of golden beaches in Bournemouth and only a ten minute walk from the town centre, BIC (Bournemouth International Centre), and Pavilion. The Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, stands adjacent to its sister hotel, the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton and just 2 miles away from the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, and collectively, our Bournemouth beach hotels offer a truly extensive range of facilities including onsite car parking and complimentary Wi-Fi. The Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff also offers family rooms and direct sea facing rooms with balconies for a small supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies East Cliff Court Bournemouth Hotel Bournemouth
- Menzies East Cliff Court Hotel