“Great Hotel with Excellent Service”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff
Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 27 October 2010

The staff were brilliant, the room was lovely and the evening meal was superb. Stay there you will not regret it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2010

Dear Guest,

My sincere thanks for taking the time to complete feedback on your recent stay at the Menzies East Cliff Court Hotel.

The team and I were delighted to read your comments, and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Your sincerely

Paul Clarke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed 24 October 2010

Arrived to find the hotel in a great location overlooking the sea. Plenty of free onsite parking which is always a nice touch. Reception area clean and tidy, uniformed staff looking professional and a nice welcome. We were booked in for a package that included dinner B&B. Efficient checkin, took our table reservation for dinner, offered to help with our bags which we didnt need but nice to be asked, no problems.

The lounge bar and rooms all looked nicely decorated, neat and tidy. We didnt use these facilities but all looked newly decorated.

Our room was nicely decorated and big. Everything you could need including a bath which was nice to unwind in. Tea and coffee making which was good, iron and ironing board thank goodness, I hate it when you have to phone down for one, always makes me feel like Im being demanding. The room didnt have robes, but we phoned down and they arrived within 5 mins so great service there. The one thing I think lets the room down which is why it has 4 stars is the inroom entertainment. Its verys 90's, old style tube TV with very limited selection of channels and when your lying in bed the TV is obscured as its on an old fashioned stand so is too low. Time to get wall mounted flats screens with a decent satelite or digital channel selection I feel, its a 4 star hotel so deserves it. Room was spotless so good job housekeeping!

Went down to the restaurant for dinner, restaurant clean and tidy, tables layed out nicely. We were showed to our table quickly and brought menus. We were offered water, twice by different people and when we ordered the food, I had steak I asked what sauce it came with, the waitress said a brown sauce and when I asked what type she didnt know. She also didnt offer to find out so thats why service 4 rather than 5 stars. Food arrived quickly, in some ways too quickly, felt a bit conveyor belt and we didnt have time to take a breath between courses, 10 mins between each would have been better so we could have some breathing space and time for a chat, felt a bit like a race. So that also makes it 4 rather than 5 stars. Good winelist with choices by the glass which make a nice change..The food was good, not amazing but for a seaside hotel it was perfectly ok, steak a bit overdone for medium but the pate was very good and so was the pear tart, warm as it should be with ice cream so nice hot and cold contrast. My partners venison was yummy with good sauce and mash. Seasonal vegetables overcooked and a bit uninspired, boiled or steamed and lacking flavour.

My partner found the bed a bit hard but no noise so 4 stars for sleep quality. Didnt need to use the room service.

so morning time and breakfast service very good, buffet for fruits, pastries etc. Good menu, we both opted for the cooked and it was nicely done, could have been hotter but they were very busy and the quality was good.

all in all a pleasant stay at the menzies, I would stay there again and recommend it to people. It was good value, £179 per night for two dinner B&B, you do have to pay a bit extra for some dishes.

I would say if they improved the room entertainment (which they probably realise they need to do as in flat screen wall mounts and better channel selection), fine tuned the service, only very slightly and made some small improvements to the food with maybe a bit more attention to detail it would be 5 stars all round.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2010

Dear Guest,
My sincere thanks for taking the time to complete feedback on trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us at the East Cliff Court hotel.
I was delighted to see that you took the time to summarise the different elements of your stay which will enable me to discuss with the team so as to improve our service and hospitality given to future guests.
If I could ask you to email me directly paul.clarke@menzieshotels.co.uk the room that you stayed in I will then be able to check the bed along with any historic feedback to see if another mattress needs purchasing.
Our television offering will be reviewed in due course and I have noted your comments regarding this.
Thank you once again for the feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 16 October 2010

We held our wedding ceremony and reception here on the 25th September, and we were so pleased with how the hotel managed the day. It went perfectly, Paul and his colleagues had everything under control, so we were able to completely relax and enjoy the day, knowing that the day was in very capable hands. Not only were the rooms where we were celebrating perfect, the other areas of the hotel were also fab, bedrooms were lovely, amazing sea views,and the piano player in the bar in the evening was lovely touch. Many of our guests said that it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to! We can't wait to come back for our 1st year anniversary!

• Stayed: September 2010
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2010

My sincere thanks for taking the time to place feedback on trip advisor regarding your recent special day here at the East Cliff Court.

The team and I were delighted to read that you had a memorable day, thankyou for allowing us to be a part of it.

We all look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary next year,

Once again many thanks for the feedback

Reviewed 6 October 2010

Had a last minute stay at Menzies East Cliff Court Bournemouth, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Located only 10 minutes walk to the town and sea front, it was just what we were looking for.
Staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, and couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable. We decided to stay for a second night and the management even gave us an extra discount for the second night.
Lovely full English breakfast both mornings, although fresh fruit and other breakfast options were also available.
We were upgraded to the Executive bedroom, and were delighted with the level of equipment, general condition and finish. All in all a very enjoyable stay and intend to return. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2010

Dear Guest,

My Sincere thanks for taking the time to complete feedback on trip advisor, I was delighted to read the feedback given and please be assured the team will be made aware.

The team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the East Cliff in the not too distant future.

Many thanks once again

Reviewed 29 September 2010

What can i say,
My partner and i got married here this month and no words can describe how utterly brilliant our day was, and all this was made possible by Paul the manager and Angela the wedding planner, absolutely nothing was too much trouble, Paul went way above the call of duty too make sure everything went without a hitch and both me and my wife are eternally grateful.
We had numerous guests who also stayed at the hotel and all of them went away not only with fond memories of our wedding but also the quality and excellence of this hotel, all the rooms seem very well appointed and the layout is well designed so that functions or events do not impinge on other guests. views are spectacular and the quality of the food was second to none.
I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to get married or having a special function/event or just wanting a special break.
Again we cannot thank you enough Paul

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to complete feedback on trip advisor regarding your recent wedding with us at the East CLiff Court hotel.

The team and I were delighted to be part of your special day and very pleased to read that you felt your experience of East CLiff was memorable, I have to say the Chinese lanterns were a great idea and looked fantastic with the back drop of the sea, even though they were a challange to light initially!!

Thank you once again for the feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the East Cliff Court in the not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 15 September 2010

Very friendly and helpful staff, very well appointed room. Stunning views from the bar terrace. Great meals in restaurant. Query with bill on checkout resolved swiftly and professionally.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

The team and I were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future,

Reviewed 5 September 2010

We have just returned from a very enjoyable weekend at the East Cliff Court, the hotel is is a good state of repair and the decor is immaculate throughout. The only slight down-side was getting charged £24 for a bottle of Pinot Grigio (Restaurant). The food in the Restaurant was extremely good quality but a bit small. Service was quite swift and helpful, we reported a light bulb had blown and it was changed within hours!!

The bed was very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2010

Dear Guest,

My sincere thanks for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay at the East CLiff Court.

The team and I were delighted to read that you had a great stay and the chef has taken on board your feedback regarding the portions of food served.

I was pleased to see that you have also posted some photos of the sea facing rooms that you stayed in, which we refer to as a "double superior sea facing room" for future guests that wish to book them.

We all look forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future,

Thank you once again for the feedback,