My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night after finding a fantastic offer that included cream tea on arrival, 3 course dinner and bed & breakfast for £98 for 2 people. On arrival (we were early) our room wasn't ready so we got out cream tea ordered up in the lounge area. The barman was the only person serving drinks and he seemed to be taking food orders and making the food as well! So some people had to wait a few minutes to order their drinks/food whilst he was getting our cream tea!
Our room was nice. Nothing majorly special, but clean and standard for a double room. Had plenty of room to move around. If I was to be picky the shower was useless! It was just a dribble from the shower head.
We went to the adjacent (sister) hotel, The Carlton Menzies, for some Beauty Salon treatments and relaxed in the jacuzzi and sauna. The Beauty Salon was small but very good with some lovely staff.
The best thing about our stay was probably the dinner in the hotel. I wasn't sure what to expect but we were very pleasantly amazed. We ordered Steak each but were then told that they had run out and there was only one left. After the waitress saw my husband's disappointed face she offered to go back and check whether they could get another steak from the Carlton hotel next door. Whilst I didn't mind swapping mine for something else, she insisted on checking. She then returned a few minutes later to confirm that they have secured another steak! And the steak was amazing...cooked to perfection. Probably one of the best we've ever had.
Breakfast the next morning was fresh and hot...even on the cooked breakfast buffet.
Overall, the hotel was good and the staff in both of the Menzies hotels were extremely helpful and pleasant, and seemed to want to go the extra mile.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will be keeping my eyes out for some more offers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff is the perfect Bournemouth beach hotel, offering spectacular sea views, a bright, modern interior and four star facilities. The hotel is pleased to have been highly recommended at the Bournemouth Tourism Awards in 2012 and again in 2013. Located on the quiet East Cliff, the hotel is just a few minutes' walk away from the seven miles of golden beaches in Bournemouth and only a ten minute walk from the town centre, BIC (Bournemouth International Centre), and Pavilion. The Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, stands adjacent to its sister hotel, the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth Carlton and just 2 miles away from the Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, and collectively, our Bournemouth beach hotels offer a truly extensive range of facilities including onsite car parking and complimentary Wi-Fi. The Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff also offers family rooms and direct sea facing rooms with balconies for a small supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Lastminute, TravelUp, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Menzies East Cliff Court Bournemouth Hotel Bournemouth
- Menzies East Cliff Court Hotel