“Another great stay!”

Ranked #40 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“Another great stay!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Returned to the Hedley hotel for another fantastic stay! A warm welcome, lovely clean room, super comfy beds, a great breakfast and such a fantastic location a short walk to the lovely beach and town, I look forward to another visit!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Steph C, Owner at The Hedley Townhouse, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hi Jo
Lovely to see you all again. Thank you for the nice words I'm really please you have such a lovely time here & look forward to the next time.
Steph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Leicester, UK
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Havs atayed in a range of hotels in Bournemouth in the past. This is excellent and well located. Service very good as is brekkie. A couple of negatives - a lot of street noise on Fiday - i am guessing from stag and hen dos plus daily towel change would have been nice.

Stull good hotel and service with excellent breakfast. We will returb.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Russ C
Dear Rusik,
Thank you for your review and constructive comments. Next time you come to stay please call me and I'll do my best to give you a room away from the front. I hope that you will return soon.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at the Hedley Hotel four nights, it was exceptional in every way. On arrival Steph made me very Welcome, nothing was too much trouble. My room was beautifully decorated and with excellent facilities. I really enjoyed the hearty tasteful breakfast in the lovely dining room. Also the hotel is very closeto the city and beach. All in all a memorable stay, the hotel exceeded all expectations.
Jackie O´Donoghue

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jackie
Thank you for taking the time to put a review on Trip Advisor. Really pleased you enjoyed your stay - it was great to look after many of the wedding party. Hope to see you soon.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I recently spent a day and night at The Hedley Hotel in Bournemouth. I was visiting for a concert at the Bournemouth International Centre, and the location was ideal (5 min walk). It was also ideal for the beach and the town. Although I arrived two hours before check in time I received a warm welcome and was shown to my room right away. The decor was modern, clean and looked like it had been refurbished recently. My single room was spacious with an en-suite. The bed was very comfortable and larger than a single bed. Tea and coffee were available in the room. There was a guest lounge which had a small library and an honesty bar. I do feel at home and comfortable when an establishment has an honesty bar. I had complete access to the hotel at any time. The following morning I was treated to what turned out to be the best breakfast I have had, and I've had a few in my time. I had started reading a book from the library, and asked if I could borrow it. I was told to take it and enjoy it. All in all a great experience at a very reasonable cost.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Bill
Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Hedley and for the great review.
Next time you're coming to Bournemouth and the BIC, please call. There are more books in the library!
Naestved, Denmark
Reviewed 22 July 2014

WOW! This is exactly what we were looking for. A familar local b&b close to the towncenter with an extremly friendly host(Steph) and a totaly clean and spotless hotel. We have stayed in many hotels around the UK, but this is simply the best!!!!!
We will stay again the next time we visit Bournemouth. Thanks Steph!!!tHGEtHE

Room Tip: Close to the towncenter, quite and clean. We just joved it!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jan
WOW - thank you so much for such great review. It was a real pleasure looking after you all and when you want to stay again, please call me directly. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We visited bournemouth for two nites and stayed at the hedley hotel which was so relaxing and we felt so relaxed the whole time we were there .Steph is a great host who helped us feel welcome and her rooms are beautiful , well decorated and bed was so comfy !The sea was literally five minutes walk and the local town was also accessible by foot too.The breakfast was lovely and the added fruit bowl was handy to take a piece of fruit out for a morning snack.Were defiantly going back for longer next year :) chantelle fennessy

Room Tip: the honesty bar was fab as you cud get water , coke or alcohol and prices were right too.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Chantelle
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future - Bournemouth is lovely in September!
Brussels
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel which is only 400m from the cliffs at the top of the beach and just 5 mins walk to the centre of Bournemouth. The breakfast was really nice as well as the usual cereals and juices there was a very nice fresh fruit salad including strawberries and kiwis. The cooked breakfast was also very good with nice tasting bacon and sausages etc. We had a room on the second floor which meant it was very quiet and there was no road noise though one consequence of having a second floor room was that the water pressure was not so high and it took a little longer to wash the sand out of your hair under the shower after a day on the beach. The room was nice with good bedding and furniture though with three single beds in it, a little on the small side. Fortunately I was travelling with our two sons aged 8 & 10 and we had bought just 3 carry on bags and not big suitcases. The hotel also has a very nice living room which can be used by guests and a fridge cabinet with an honesty bar, which was a nice touch.The hotel has no parking of its own. We were lucky enough to find a space on west hill road but parking is quite busy though at around 17:00 to 18:30 there seemed to be some spaces. If you cannot find a space you can book a parking space via the owner at the neighbouring property for £5 a day which is half the price of the nearby town car park. In summary a very nice hotel, excellent location though the room we had was a little on the small side

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Steph C, Owner at The Hedley Townhouse, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your constructive comments and it was a pleasure having you all to stay. I look forward to you returning soon.
Kind regards
Steph and the team at the Hedley