“Very relaxing experience”
Review of Oceana Day Spa

Oceana Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: OCEANA DAY SPA is a unique wellness centre that has been carefully and beautifully designed to provide all our guests with treatments to unwind and restore balance to your mind and body as well as enhance your experience within the Oceana Resort.Located on the seafront overlooking Bournemouth Bay, Oceana Hotels are unique resort style hotels which have achieved between them some of the highest AA 3 star hotel ratings on the South Coast. We offer good quality, comfortable, 3 star hotel rooms. The standard of the public areas, dining options, facilities and services are delivered at even higher standards. At Oceana we aim to give our guests a unique experience. This is at a 3 star price, with the added extra of the "can do" service culture, whilst going the extra mile where possible.
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was treated to an Oceana Spa treatment and afternoon tea.

having lived as an Expat in Kula Lumpur for many years I was not quite sure what to expect in sunny Bournemouth!
however,the ambience at the venue was very relaxing.
My sister and I went together,she had a facial and I had a hot stone massage.
Both treatments were excellent.
Afterwards we were required to walk a short distance from the Oceana to the Cumberland for our afternoon tea.I was glad it wasn't raining but it was not at all far to walk. We were greeted there with equal efficiency and by pleasant staff.
The tea was lovely.
We had a selection of very fresh nicely cut sandwiches with an assortment of fillings.
The scones came with jam and butter or clotted cream and the selection of cakes were super.

The pot of tea was hot and wet...just as it should be!
I can't remember being offered a selection of teas.maybe that is the only criticism I have... Perhaps a tray of the different options might be presented in order to give a choice( Earl grey,English breakfast,peppermint,fruit tea etc)
All in all it was a great pamper.
Made me feel refreshed and rejuvenated.

And I would do it again in a heartbeat.......Or ,offer it as a present to someone else!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Christian0001, Manager at Oceana Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Philippa442,

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review of your experience at Oceana Day Spa.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Oceana Day SPa in the near future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Would highly recommend. My boyfriend bought me the full body massage as a birthday surprise before taking me out to dinner. I was so chilled out and relaxed I didn't feel like going out!

Dear Britlette,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of your experience, we are glad you liked your massage and were totally chilled out afterwards. Great result !

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon to Oceana Day Spa

Reviewed 11 March 2014

A group of six of us celebrated a 50th birthday with the "lunch spa day". Not only were the treatments fabulous (we mainly had facials but one of us had the hot stones full body massage), the lunch and bubbly at the Cumberland Hotel as part of the deal were just amazing - way exceeded our expectations! Great value for money and much enjoyed by all of us - would highly recommend the lunch spa day and have no doubt the other packages are equally as good. My only very small comment would be that I personally love heated treatment beds and these were not - possibly something for the management to consider? Will definitely look forward to my next spa day at the Oceana Day Spa.

1  Thank Jayne H

Dear Jayne H,

Thank you for a fantastic review.

We all look forward to seeing you soon at Oceana Day Spa.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Was given a voucher for my birthday and booked in for a neck and shoulder massage. Parking is easy as you can park at any one of the three sister hotels which are next door to each other, get a ticket at reception. The entrance to the hotel was a little off putting as it smelled of cigarettes and then boiled cabbage but once downstairs in the spa it is a little bit of tranquil heaven! Beautifully decorated and very relaxing, I filled out my questionnaire whilst sipping on ice cold water (the cups could be a little sturdier as I almost squished mine when I picked it up!). All this is by the by as the best bit was to come....the massage. I am a trained masseuse myself and have great difficulty in finding someone who knows what they are doing. I had a lady called Lucy and she gave me one of the best massages I have had on the south coast. Just enough pressure, knew where the tension was without me having to say and it was just fab from start to finish. The only sad thing was that it didn't last long enough!!!! Will be back.

Dear benfold1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience.
Glad you enjoyed your massage with Lucy. She will be very pleased by your Great compliments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon to Oceana Day Spa.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

From the moment my colleague and I arrived, it was just great. The staff were most welcoming and informative. Our room was lovely and although it was our host that left the wine, flowers and chocolates, it was just a real feel good factor from the off. Our treatments in the Spa were excellent, I had Indian head massage, which was wonderful and my friend had a foot massage, again all great as were the staff. Followed by afternoon cream tea, which was super and then 3 course dinner and entertainment in the evening. All of which was served and executed seamlessly . Breakfast in the morning was fantastic, great choice and all delicious.

Yes I can say I will DEFINITELY go back to The Cumberland

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Christian0001, Manager at Oceana Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear christine f,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Oceana Day Spa in the near future.