“Excellent value and helpful staff”

Travelodge Bournemouth Hotel
Ranked #48 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and helpful staff”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Very welcoming and helpful staff. Car park was full as we arrived at 9.30 pm, so we had to park a couple of streets away. Good clean room, with everything working as expected. Breakfast in the rather basic bar/foyer next to reception was acceptable. Not really any healthy option cereals (just a small bowl of muesli left out uncovered, which seemed a bit unhygienic), and no fruit. Croissants were hard and dry. However, this hotel was the best option at the price, particularly as it has been newly refurbished. Free Wi-Fi only in the reception/bar area (you pay for it in the rooms). We had no problem with noise from other guests (it was a Friday night), nor from the road outside (although it was during the 80mph winds/storms so a bit hard to tell!).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Thai first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed at Travelodge for a convention at nearby hotel.
Great location, friendly and efficient staff plus very comfortable room.
Classed as a budget hotel but far superior to the 3* venue where the event was being held!
Exceeded my expectations and will look at this chain again in future.

leicestershire
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Had a good stay here we stayed Friday and sat eve as was down to see Leicester play Bournemouth, breakfast was ok but a little bit crowded on the sun morning and staff a bit over ran at times, there was only two plugs in the room but one was taken up by the kettle so you you think unplug one but they are made not to come out, so one plug, two phones to charge and I pad so this was annoying, the staff are very very helpfull and friendly but my main gripe is that it can be very very noisy as there is lotts of hen party's and stag does or people on nights out, this no problem and had I been away on a night out then great but we had 5 and 7 year old and it was noisy when people was going out and on returning, good experience otherwise but a few minor gripes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Services at Travelodge Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
We are sorry to learn you found our hotel to be particularly noisy during your recent stay with us jamieward23. We want our customers to have a relaxing stay with us and we try to reduce noise in our hotels by having insulated walls. Our staff are required to monitor noise levels in our hotels and to resolve any issues if they arise so we would like to offer our apologies for any inconvenience caused on this occasion.
Dagenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel was very clean, rooms a nice size! Breakfast was very good and serviced as an all you can eat buffet. The evening meal was good, but there is room for improvement there! Very nice friendly staff who couldn't do enough to help! I would recommend it if you were on a budget, worth the money you pay!

Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Travelodge wasn't my first choice. Or even my second choice, but in the end I'm glad I stayed here. My preferred hotel had its own issues but had sold out by the time I booked the event.

The bed was very comfortable and gave me three great nights' sleep. The room was very clean and the staff friendly - they couldn't do enough to help the guests. A small issue with my Saturday breakfast was dealt with swiftly by the serving staff and quickly refunded.

The only issue I had with the hotel was on the Friday night I had to wait about half an hour waiting for the two staff on duty to understand the order of the one person in front of me when all I wanted was a bottle of Pepsi.

However it's good value and if I return to Bournemouth this will now be my first choice to stay at.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Clean and comfortable, staff friendly and helpful, much better than I expected from a Travelodge. Would recommend this hotel, for the price you pay you really can't complain. Breakast is nothing special but no other complaints.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Earlestown
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've stayed in a fair few travelodges, experiencing the best and the worst that they have to offer. This one I would categorize as being up there with the best that Travelodge has to offer, very friendly, helpful staff and clean functional rooms.

My only gripe is the tendency Travelodge have to keep the in room power sockets to a minimum, and none next to the bed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends