“Nice and clean room, great location”

TravelRest Hotel Bournemouth
Ranked #49 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I recommend this hotel for who would like to be at walking distance from sea and city center. room was nicely furnished and very clean, exceptional value for the money. In the bathroom only thing missing was an hair dryer but I am sure If i had asked they would have provided one.

Room Tip: probably better to have sea view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Chris H, Director of Sales at TravelRest Hotel Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Italianomedio,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us such a positive review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Kiwi Hotel. Apologies for there not being a hairdryer in your bedroom, we usually have a hairdryer in every one of our guest rooms and reception are always happy to assist with any request you have. We hope to welcome you back again in the future. Many Thanks

There are newer reviews for TravelRest Hotel Bournemouth

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Friendly staff, really nice hotel for a great price, unfortunately i didnt get one of the new rooms unlike my friend but the room i got was perfectly fine, nice TV, good bathroom and comfy bed! Breakfast in the morning was very tasty. Will definately use again for my next stay in Bournemouth.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Harry,
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Kiwi Hotel, and that you have taken the time to write such a great review. Apologies for not being able to accommodate you in one of our newer bedrooms, I am still glad that you found the room to a good standard. We hope to see you again in the future. Many Thanks

Reviewed 4 October 2012

We arrived and thought all ok, till we got room and was like walking into the 1970s in the room. The carpet didn't even reach the wall.We spoke with reception about the heating and there response was its not the time of year on 22 September. It was cold. Positive bits where location was great for sea front, tv in room good. Very rough and cheap, you get what you pay!

• Stayed: September 2012
Chris H, Director of Sales at TravelRest Hotel Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Jason,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate any feedback, be it negative or positive. I am very sorry that the hotel did not meet your standards on this occasion. As you can see from the other comments here on Tripadvisor, we are currently undergoing a refurbishment and unfortunately we were not able to accommodate you in one of our newly refurbished rooms. I have taken on board your comments about the room and will be investigating this further.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed here for two nights with my elderly parents, sister and brother-in-law. It was a great location with an easy walk into town by the sea. The rooms were very clean and my parents and sister's rooms had been refurbished. Mine had not but was clean and comfortable.We managed to get both cars parked in front of the hotel. I had also asked for a low floor room for my parents and the hotel provided this. The breakfast was a good, basic English breakfast with plenty of coffee refills.
There was also lots of drawer space which is not always provided in the best hotels.

Room Tip: There are no lifts so ask for a low floor room if you have difficulty climbing the stairs
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear Lynd50,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Kiwi Hotel. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

The service here was excellent very accommodating staff, especially as we have a baby and needed bottles warmed up early morning and evenings, the location was great and very clean room, definitely recommend!!

Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

I travelled to Bournemouth to visit some
Friends with my partner and found this hotel brilliant. The prices were very good for what we got which was a brand new room with everything you would expect from a much more expensive hotel, flat screen tv, modern bathroom and comfortable bed. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was delicious, only £6.50 for all you can eat freshly prepared (really helped my hangover). Thanks a lot we will definitely be staying again.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Not a pleasant hotel although I supposed you get what you pay for. It's rundown, old, smelly and there's no lifts. Although a good access to town and the beautiful bournemouth beach. Just walking distance to everything.

• Stayed: September 2012
Chris H, Director of Sales at TravelRest Hotel Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Mamichris,
I was very disappointed to see your review about the hotel and would like to apologise if you felt the hotel did not meet your standards. We take great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and always receive very positive feedback about this. I would like to remind you that we are in the process of refurbishing the hotel bedrooms and public areas and are going to be installing a lift next year. I hope that you will come again in the future to see what changes we will have made.
Many Thanks, The Kiwi Hotel