“Great place to stay”

The Lodge at Meyrick Park
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and again have found it good value for money. It is in a beautiful spot, the staff are excellent and the swimming pool facilities are lovely. The food generally, including breakfast, is great too. The 2 things that made my rating 4 instead of 5 were the difficulty parking and the noise of people going up and down the stairs next to my bedroom and parking and unparking their cars right outside of my bedroom. This would not stop me staying here in future though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 May 2014

It is pleasant here but parking is not easy as there's space for 6 or 7 cars outside the lodge and the golfers seem to like using them so if they are full you have a 100-200m walk from the main golfers car park. OK if you are young and fit but not so if you are 85yrs old (as was the couple we watched when we were loading up to leave). Anyhow, pleasant staff, nice room (very noisy bathroom fan) no shower and a simple walk down to the main pier that took 12 mins. Breakfast was OK but you share the room with friendly golfers (there were 20 or more when we were there)

Would we go back ? Yes, but only after exploring other opportunities in the town first.

Room Tip: Keep your windows shut if you don't want to be disturbed by the early morning golfers chatting o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CornishJanner
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The lodge represents good value for money.Staff are always helpful and cheerful. Breakfast is great. The setting is peaceful and quiet and you can practice your golf or use the gym if you are feeling energetic?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank paul k
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here for 1 night with my boyfriend and we were both pleasantly surprised with how central the lodge is to bournemouth center it's self (10 minute walk).. Staff were really friendly, gym facilities and pool were really nice, and we ate in the bar on site which was looooovley! Rooms quite small, and someone tried getting in our room at 1am, rather scary! But we reported straight to reception who were really helpful. I'd certainly consider coming back in the future due to the peaceful, yet central location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryony C
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The spa @ the golf club was the worst experience I have had and I've been on a few spa days in the past. Check in was poor and unfriendly. Didn't show us round practically had to fend for yourself. There were no robes to wear. There is only 1 treatment room so you have to double up, the therapist didn't come and greet you or collect you, you had to go up and wait outside the room. The 30 minute treatment was actually 20 minutes. The place needs doing up its shabby and unwelcoming. Not happy experience at all.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Wendy H
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked a room for my mum and her partner in February. I was told that payment would be taken from my card as this was a gift and my mum should not be paying for the room.

After spending a nice evening there, my mum's partner checked out of the room. He was then chased for payment as The Lodge had not taken payment from me, as was expected. The least they could have done is called me for payment, instead of insisting he paid right away. When I called to rectify this they agreed it was a mistake on their behalf and refunded his payment, before taking from my card.

This should never have happened, it was completely embarrassing for me and my mum's partner. Poor service.

To top it off, the beauty therapist Jay Lowe at Temple Beauty based in The Lodge did not turn up for the treatment for my mum that I had also booked and PAID for in February. She didn't bother letting the place know she wasn't going to be there, and would not answer her phone.

It's an absolute joke.

Will not be booking there again to receive such terrible service.

Room Tip: Do not book with Temple Beauty.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bish107
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My partner and I were in Bournemouth for the funeral of my Grandfather. A sorrowful occasion and we needed somewhere we could retreat to. We couldn't have chosen better.
The lodge is real pretty, surrounded by mature pines and looking out over the golf course. The rooms clean and tasteful with a large bathtub.
We stayed in room 7 to start with (the better of the rooms) and room 13 later. Room 7 had beautiful views over Bournemouth through the pine trees. Room 13 had less of a view but a lovely little back porch area leading to a footpath into town.
The service was fantastic. I got in early and exhausted having flown from the other side of the world. The front desk ensured that I got a room as soon as one was cleaned.
The food and breakfast were great. And everyone was most accommodating. We didn't get time to use the beautiful pool and large gym but I did have a massage and it was great.
Our main gripe is that the wifi wasn't working for 3 of the days we stayed there. We were able to use another account in the main clubhouse area but we did not have wifi in the room. It may be because we were both using overseas computers with servers based in Singapore and France respectively as we both kept getting this "could not log in too many detours" message.
Another minor gripe was the traffic noise from the Wessex way in room 13. But it wasn't a huge issue. We'd have given this review a 5 if it wasn't for the wifi.
Would most definitely stay here again

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, go for the rooms at the side of the lodge facing the golf course or r...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple