“Convenient, clean, close to town and very friendly atmosphere”

The Lodge at Meyrick Park
Wynyard, Australia
“Convenient, clean, close to town and very friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was very fortunate to find this place when researching in Australia for accommodation close to family in Bournemouth and I wasn't disappointed with the stay.We were looking for somewhere convenient to stay whilst visiting family in the area and it proved to be the right choice.

I'll rate this accommodation in categories of comfort, friendliness, value and service, so here goes.

COMFORT & ROOM FACILITIES
We had two separate visits (different rooms) over a three week trip to England. The first room (#16) was a bit on the small side, but very clean, tidy and compact and we had 3 nights. To be honest, it's not a room you would want to spend all day in, but the bed was very comfortable (King size) and the décor was quite modern. The second visit was for 2 nights (#13) was much more comfortable, same large bed but generally quieter and larger with the same type of décor.

Facilities in the room were a bit Spartan (no fridge) but after all it is England, so not every accommodation cater with a fridge, particularly if you are only staying for a short time. The Lodge rooms are probably designed for visiting sports enthusiasts (particularly golfers) I suspect it's not a place normally customised by tourists, but I'm glad we found the place, it suited our needs perfectly

FRIENDLINESS
This is the best part, from the moment we arrived until the morning we checked out we were greeted and treated by exceptionally friendly staff. Nothing was too much trouble, from delivering an ironing board and iron to the room to personally supplying us with more milk and coffee sachets - the staff went out of their way to make sure we were well catered for.

We found the Pulse Café staff particularly nice, very friendly and the staff actually remembered our names between visits - that's a big plus, they made us feel right at home. The breakfast was very good for the price and on this point I'd like to mention that they also cater for vegetarians as well. I'm not one, but on the strength of the menu I decided to try it one morning and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised - if you didn't know it was a vegetarian sausage, you wouldn't have guessed it, and the serving was actually bigger - thumbs up all round for the food, breakfast lunch & dinner (for the dinner, I had the best Broccoli & Stilton soup I have ever tasted)

VALUE & SERVICE
Some would argue that it is a bit pricey for an above-average budget accommodation, but I certainly had no complaints. The Lodge doesn't profess to be top of the range, but it is a great place to stay for enthusiastic sports minded people such as golfers, as well as visitors to the Bournemouth area looking for somewhere to stay while touring the area or visiting family and friends in the region

GENERAL HOSPITALITY
This is where the Lodge came into its' own - the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating to all our needs. On this point, I couldn't find any fault - from reception, housekeeping and bar staff - nothing was too much trouble

OVERALL EXPERIENCE
I would not hesitate to stay again at the Lodge and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for somewhere to stay whilst experiencing a tourist visit to the region.

ANY NEGATIVES or TIPS
Traffic noise can be a problem, particularly on the lower ground floor rooms, but only if you have your door open. As for tips, it would be wise to be selective about parking your vehicle - it is a sporting venue so be aware that day visitors to the complex may inadvertently block vehicle access (but only for a short time) but being fore-warned is fore-armed - pick your parking spot carefully, just in case you have to come and go, otherwise you shouldn't have a problem.
I would also suggest that access for the physically disabled is difficult to make sure to point this out when inquiring about accommodation options

Room Tip: Be selective when parking your car, you may get blocked in by golf & gym club day visitors &...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wynlyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Saggy bed and saggier pillows. Everything is tired. It looked quaint and idyllic online, situated on a golf course. It had great promise, but when we arrived it just looked scruffy. We paid £99 with no breakfast included. That's a reasonable price to pay for B&B but not for room only. The only positive I can give is it was clean....ish. We won't be staying again and I certainly wouldn't recommend this lodge to any of my friends.

1 Thank plfara
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Spent one night at The Lodge - wish it had been longer. Our room was lovely, overlooking the golf course, so quiet and peaceful at night, clean, bright - cannot fault it at all. The swimming pool was superb, the gym was brilliant - had everything you needed in it. We had a meal in "The Pulse" - basically "pub grub" although the word "grub" may give the wrong impression. It was delicious - cooked to perfection and plenty of it. Lastly, and certainly not least, all the staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. Can't wait for an excuse to stay again.

Room Tip: We were in Room No. 4 which was on the first floor, no one above and a lovely view over the golf cou...
2 Thank Annette S
southampton
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We Managed to book a cheap deal off the internet for a one night stay this week. Check in is a bit late at 4 pm so we spent the early afternoon on the gorgeous beach in Bournemouth. As a guest you are free to use the swimming pool, sauna, gym and steam room and join the extensive classes if available, for free. The reception staff and gym staff are friendly and helpful. The room we had was on the first floor, room 5, overlooking the picturesque last hole on the golf course which you can use, they have a special rate if you tee off late including clubs. The setting is beautiful. The room we stayed in was large enough with a 6 ft bed, shower and bath. The room did get hot so we made sure all the windows were open before heading out for own in the evening, which is a leisurely 10 minutes stroll if you are fit, you get noise from the traffic so bring earplugs if that bothers you. All in all the positives far out way the negatives and if you can get a deal this is excellent value for money. We didn't have the breakfast so cannot comment on it. Will we return ?definitely!

Room Tip: I would request room 5 again, when returning . Nice views, double windows, big bed.
Cheshire
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Booked through laterooms so we paid half price for the 2 nights. I don't think I would have been happy had I paid full price. Room was nice and bed was comfy, pool was brilliant and staff were friendly and helpful (mostly...only 1 exception). We paid extra for breakfast which was well cooked and nice.

Downsides - the traffic noise is very loud, even at night and there are very bright lights left on outside the rooms which shines through the windows and lights up the rooms at night, even with the blinds shut.

Would stay again if there was an offer again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice rooms, very clean, breakfast good value £6 on the day.

Would return to the lodge as it was perfect, bed very comfy.

Only tip is to be aware of what entrance to use and it took us a while to find but I would return again. Well done all at Meyrick lodge we had a great time and will recommend you to all!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Truthonlythanks
Devon, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here for one night although the room was very clean it was very small especially for 115.00 there were no toiletries,a,lack of plugs and I had a terrible nights sleep, flat pillows and very hot room, we were on the upper floor and the ceiling was beamed a small sign states mind your head but if you get out of bed at night there is a beam down the side by the bed which I found lethal as I cracked my head. There was no stand up shower as the beams don't allow but a facility to shower Sat in the bath, the breakfast full English was very nice however the coffee was appalling,all in all I wouldn't return here ,I also think people should be advised about the low beams my husband is 6ft 2 in so it wasn't very suitable

• Stayed June 2014