“Very good value for money efficient hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Laguna Hotel

Laguna Hotel
Ranked #113 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Harrow
“Very good value for money efficient hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

A single room B & B was only £27. They had a big car park, which is good because many seaside hotels only have on street parking with few spaces. The room a double bed en-suite with a good hot shower, had plenty of space and furniture for storage. The Breakfasts were served very quicky & efficiently, considering that there were a lot of people in the hotel. They also cater for evening meals although I did not avail myself. The sound proofing between rooms isn't great & some rather anti-social type in the next room must have fallen asleep with the TV on quite loud until 6am, unless of course they were on a different day/night pattern.Not seafront, but has swimming pool.

Room Tip: If they know of a regular guest who has the TV on all night ask to not be next door to them.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JohnClementHarrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
LEEDS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I booked the hotel as one adult and one child, and confirmed it by email as Father and Daughter, so they gave us a double bed and then refused to do anything about it. The result was, that as a disabled person I had to sleep on the floor, which I don't think it had seen a hoover this century. The drinking glasses were stained with something white, hate to think what that was. The general feeling was a hotel that had seen better days. In the morning a coach dented my car, it was one that belonged to the hotel, so they refused to deal with it.
If you are elderly, like bingo and smutty jokes and don't mind uncleanliness this is an ideal place. If you are travelling with children there are better places.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fluff45

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have read the negative reviews and from there remarks I can only think the medication wearing off. my wife and I just returned from two nights. The hotel a ten minute walk from the square through the beautiful gardens and ornate river feature. The hotel immaculately clean and the rooms well furnished and the beds very comfortable, loads of tea and coffee in the room, also the staff top grade, this is a high grade three star, we met the owner on the first night in the bar, a very nice and very hands on fella who would hate anyone to have a bad experience in his hotel, so if any one leaves and does a negative review they have psychological problems, not the full set. I guarantee you will get massive value for money, also the breakfast generous and delicious. John & Linda (Brighton.).

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the route to the hotel, looks worse on the map, follow the A A route advtce
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JONLIN1947
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Overall very nice hotel, very friendly welcome, spacious room. I agree with some previous reviews yes, the decor is a bit tired and dated BUT hey so am I .... It didn't affect our weekend away in Bournemouth. Clean room made up everyday by the maid. Breakfast was superb and served at the table, NO queuing up for a self service "school dinner". Lovely indoor heated pool. We would stay here again. We have stayed in 5* hotels and in my opinion some can be so pretentious and littered with false smiling staff !..... The Laguna Hotel is a honest hotel with a good heart, you get what you pay for.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve R
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I will not be staying at this hotel again after yet another uncomfortable and unpleasant experience. I used to call this hotel my local as it was cheap and conveniently located to the centre with a pool etc but now will seek a new place to stay.
For the third time in a row I booked a double room (and paid a surcharge for the privilage) only to be put in a tiny single room, which I have previously complained about on this site. These single rooms really are too small and not at all fir for purpose and each time I have complained I have been told that if I paid a surcharge they will give me a double room. Unfortunately this seems to not be the case and for the third time in a row I was stuck in a dismal single room in which you cant even open the cupboard doors or turn around in. Each time i have asked for the booking at reception to be checked and even though the surcharge was evident as the price differed I was told that no such request was made EVEN THOUGH I BOOKED IT MYSELF!!!
Really not good enough leading me to not want to stay there again, which is unfortunate as I vist Bournemouth at lease 5-6 times a year.

Room Tip: You must ask for a confirmed guarantee (written or e-mail) that you will get a double room or you wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Craig J
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one Saturday night in early October. Arrived late afternoon and drove into the parking area that is on site. It looked quite busy ( there was a series of long distance running events and a concert going on in the town over the weekend period ) but did get parked at the far end of the hotel complex. The hotel itself seems to be spread out over several separate buildings. Checking in was straight forward and we took the lift to our room, the lift could only accommodate three people at any one time as there were four of us we had to go up in separate pairs. As we found out later using the stairs to the second floor which we were on, was a bit of a rabbit warren experience, consequently I did not feel that confident of getting out of the building quickly if there was a fire. When I opened the door to the room it did smell of old tobacco smoke and had to open the window to let the room air a little. The room itself was clean and adequately decorated, if somewhat basically furnished ( think 1970's ) The bedding, sheets and blankets ( step back in time ) were also clean. Our room had two single beds which were rather uncomfortable and with the noise of the lift which was not too far away and the comings and goings of the guests, we did not have a good nights sleep. There was a television in the room which we did not use and tea and coffee making equipment, however the Wi-Fi system did not work in the bedroom. The controls for the shower which was situated over the bath did not work properly and you had to stand away from the shower head to try and cool the water down before it hit you, there was also no shower shampoo provided as we had forgotten to pack some this was a bit of a problem as there was only two small bars of soap provided! The full English breakfast was reasonable but the sausages were of questionable quality and there were no tomatoes. We did manage to log into the Wi-Fi system in the T.V. lounge and conduct some business.
Would I stay here again, probably not as I think that for the price that we paid we should have had a better experience.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Geoff444
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Like most I guess my partner and myself was a bit nervous as to what we would get after reading the reviews.. and spending a lot of years in the same trade myself .I can only say that we was most pleasantly surprised with the place ok it is not the Ritz but nor is it the price of the Ritz...The Decoration is a bit dated which we thought added to the charm of the place..What do these people expect.. our room was clean and comfortable . the food was very good and all the staff very polite.. I was at the hotel at the same time as Martine 15/9/13 who has said in her review that an English waitress was rude to an Italian couple (.who in fact sat at the next table to us) well I can assure you that this was not the case. The waitress Carol (and there was 2 English ones) was nothing more than polite with all who was in the dining room as she served us our breakfast and couldn't have been more professional at her job. I do believe the other waitress was the one who was only in the dining room a couple of times clearing tables and serving the odd guest stopped this couple entering the kitchen doorway not once but twice.as for being rude it was certainly the other way around from what we saw and heard.. .I can only say well done to the staff at the Laguna Hotel for making our stay a most enjoyable and affordable one. its a shame some people want gold at the same price of Silver. keep up the good work Laguna Hotel,we will be back for sure.

Room Tip: top floor would be an advantage as some floors do tend to be a bit squeaky.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends