I was booked into this hotel on business, on Upper Deck, and found it better than your average leisure break motel.
The Upper Deck is a mix of genuinely worthwhile extras - like comfy beds, great linen and comfortable seating plus some slightly chavtastic extras such as 'starbucks' instant coffee sachets and complimentary toiletries described as 'pinchable'.
The breakfast was OK. I had thought it would be awful based on other reviews here but it wasn't that bad. There was a good choice of juices (including orange juice with bits), good coffee, a choice of cut fruits including a fresh fruit bowl and the cooked items were not greasy. However, others are right in that the croissants and bread were dry, the quality of the cooked items not great and the usual cheese and ham buffet offerings not in evidence. I was at breakfast as they opened due to work commitments, so everything should have been at maximum freshness.
The Verve Grill early evening menu was fine and a very good price but, overall, it was outweighed by the expensive drinks - £4.20 for a 750ml bottle of still water. Not even served with ice.
Reception were very friendly, happy and made easy conversation - both when I arrived and when I checked out.
I understand there is also a good set of leisure facilities here which would add to the value of a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Bournemouth is a short drive from the town centre and boasts 7 miles of sandy beaches that Bournemouth is famous. Conveniently located just 3 miles from Pokesdown Rail Station and Bournemouth International Airport. Village Bournemouth is ideal for business and leisure travellers alike. Nearby attractions include Monkey World, Castlepoint Shopping Centre, New Forest and the Oceanarium. Village Hotel Bournemouth has 116 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Village Hotel Bournemouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Bournemouth Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Village Hotel