“Just right.......I stay for business and it's ideal.”

Village Hotel Bournemouth
Ranked #33 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Just right.......I stay for business and it's ideal.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed a few times and it has a good mix for the business traveller. Rooms are pretty reasonable, the bar has usual options and is well priced and tasty. The restaurant is also ok, not on your own, but when I'm with others I use it. The gym is very good and I always make good use. Parking is free and plentiful. I recommend this hotel and would also use if I was staying with family.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Balterley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Lovely hotel. Beautiful day. Everything that you need.
Rooms lovely.
On Upper deck, so free movies, but not sure what else for the price.
Swimming pool clean and not busy at 06.30 or 18.00.
Footfall steady throughout the day, neither busy nor quiet, just steady.
Kid friendly and full of business people, all getting on together.
Food ok, but very much "ping food" Why do they use planks of wood to serve food upon. If only I could have swabbed the plank, what would I have found ingrained on the wood? It doesn't warrant thinking about. Please go back to plates. At least you can put them in the dishwasher.
Great rooms, standard food, good leisure facilities.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front can be noisy in the evenings and early morning. Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We used this hotel as a base location for driving westward along the Jurassic Coast, and for visiting Brownsea Island. It worked reasonably well to that end, though maybe we would have preferred something farther west, in order to increase our range.

As for the hotel, the room was nice, clean, and comfortable. It was "very good", per my ratings.
One note on the room is that it appeared to us that it was a converted hospital room, the shower was reminiscent of a hospital shower. It did not really bother us, but I could see how it might bother some people.

The checkin/checkout was smooth for us, and the staff were friendly. Parking spaces were plenty.

The breakfast had a reasonable enough selection, and we were definitely satisfied. However, the quality was average, in my opinion, not great, but not bad either.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed for three nights combining a business trip with a weekend break. I booked this hotel for three reasons: The meeting I was attending was being held here, there was a special offer on, it has leisure facilities.

Upon arrival the car park was overflowing with double parking everywhere, it wasn't a good first impression, but to be fair this only occurred on one of the days we were there. We checked in and I had requested a quiet room, and we had duly been allocated a room right at the end of the corridor so it seems like they do actually pay attention to requests. The room was clean and adequate, but the maid had obviously forgotten a few items (including a toilet roll!) so we mentioned this when we went out and the items had been replenished upon our return.

We only had breakfast in the hotel; there was a good variety of items and the service was efficient. Having stayed in many hotels the hot breakfast at Village Resorts never seems as tempting as some of the other chains, but you will certainly have enough options not to go hungry!

The key reason I use Village Resorts is the leisure facilities. These were clean and towels are provided as usual.There is a good sized pool with a section for lane swimming, although this wasn't managed very well by the staff with a man swimming very slowly in the fast lane despite another man already being in there and swimming fast! We left it until later in the evening so that the children's hours had finished (although there is very limited adult only time) and managed to have a reasonable swim, as we got out there seemed to be a lot of serious swimmers (members) getting in! They don't enforce or even encourage the shower before you enter rule, which is a shame. Having said all of this it is a good sized pool for a hotel and there are also a reasonable amount of loungers in a conservatory area at the side so it is a good place to chill out. There is also a small jacuzzi, a steam room and a sauna.

The hotel is a little isolated, you can't really walk anywhere but very easy to get to. It is adjacent to the hospital although you don't get any noise at all.

Overall I would not discourage anyone from staying here. If you want leisure facilities it is a good option, if you get a special offer it is reasonably priced, however it isn't anything special so if you want convenience for the local resorts you might be better elsewhere - it all depends what you are looking for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LittleDollyUk
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great hotel, slightly out of town but well worth it. Pool freat and gym home from home. Upper deck rooms are perfect for a long stay, espeically if on business as sky tv kees you out of mischeif. If I had one complaint it would be the Verve Grill service... they are LOVELY but it just takes so damn long to get your food... however when it comes it is lovely!

Room Tip: Upper deck are worth the extra charge, but family rooms are so spacious!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank maevelee
Hampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My partner and I recently stayed in the hotel under the 'NYE package'.

Upon arrival I was disappointed to find that we had been put in a 'twin' room rather than a double room.
Following this brought more disappointment, only 1 out of 3 lights were working in the bathroom, we found a Ping-Pong ball under one of our beds and there was some sort of rubbish at the foot of the lamp.

We then took advantage of the gym and spa facilities, the gym was OK, the rest was gross, the floor in changing rooms was dirty, we had to wait 30mins to use the jacuzzi as the water was being tested.

"Afternoon tea" was appalling, my sandwich was served to me using tongs that were covered in chocolate from the chocolate cake.The Tea pot was filthy. The sandwiches where stale and covered in chocolate. I was consequently dreading the rest of my stay.

New Year’s eve meal was nice, the main course was of average standard but the other courses where very nice. I found that the lady managing the staff was very abrupt to customers and staff which made me feel very uncomfortable. The food took a very long time to be served between each course, we were seated for 3 and a half hours.

I had an awful night sleep as I could hear people walking past my room, talking and walking around upstairs.

Breakfast I found to be quite poor, the sausages tasted like cat food and pastries were stale.

Overall, not the best experience given the price tag that came with it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ElaMarie

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Just enjoyed a four day break in Bournemouth staying at this hotel. Second stay at this hotel. Staff helpful. Rooms adequate and plenty of choice at breakfast. Only comment to make re breakfast - eggs were tasteless and tomato sauce appalling - cost cutting I suspect. Having said this had a great break and would return if price is right.

• Stayed May 2014