We booked 4 rooms for 3 nights over the August 2014 bank holiday, two double and two family rooms.We were charged more for the family rooms which had kids under 3 yrs age, however, all the rooms were identical. The only difference being that the sofa's in the family rooms were opened up to become beds. Could not understand why we were charged extra, as kids ate their own breakfast from containers that we brought. We did not get intercommunicating rooms in spite of booking three months in advance. On arrival we were given two rooms on different floor with the explanation that family rooms were on different floors to double rooms.However, all rooms were identical. The children had a play room which was filthy, not cleaned in the duration we were and had alcoholic beverages empty bottles lying in the garbage tin in the kids play area for over 72 hours. (see photo). the breakfast was like a mayhem with a lot of guests and supplies ran out without being replenished. The scrambled eggs were very wet and runny and smelled. The only good thing was the pool and the parking as there was enough spaces. If you have children do not go to this hotel. The higher floor rooms are better than lower and the hotel is very nicely located with Boscombe pier and Christchurch road close by. The night life and selection of restaurants in the Christchurch and Char minister roads are close by and has good variety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Bournemouth is a short drive from the town centre and boasts 7 miles of sandy beaches that Bournemouth is famous. Conveniently located just 3 miles from Pokesdown Rail Station and Bournemouth International Airport. Village Bournemouth is ideal for business and leisure travellers alike. Nearby attractions include Monkey World, Castlepoint Shopping Centre, New Forest and the Oceanarium. Village Hotel Bournemouth has 116 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Bournemouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Bournemouth Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Village Hotel