Very friendly staff at reception, gym area and restaurant. I didn't have time to investigate amenities so asked on the day of arrival and gave us a few brochures. However the next morning, new staff, gave me a folder with a comprehensive list (A-Z) of all the what to do in Bournemouth, complete with maps - it was wonderful.
Gym, swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam rooms very clean. Shower areas also. They had a family room with shower and changing area which I thought was great and all at no extra cost if you are staying at the hotel.
There is a very large Tesco about 4 mins drive if you don't want to pay hotel prices for water etc.
Housekeeping staff very accommodating as I wasn't sure if the pillows were feather and they changed the entire lot.
We didn't eat in the hotel as thought it was far too expensive and found a Harvester on Castle Lane West which we ate for the 4 nights we were in Bournemouth. Very resonable and they offered an earlybird deal until 6.30 pm. For a family of 4 we had starters, main, desert, bottle of wine and soft drinks for just over £55.00 ...
Beach is very clean and one of the best I have been to in a long time. Lots of rides, attractions for young children and the walk along the pier - great.
Shopping area was OK. Do visit Monkey world a great day out and Adventure Wonderland - my 4 year old really had a ball.
All in all would definitely visit this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Bournemouth is a short drive from the town centre and boasts 7 miles of sandy beaches that Bournemouth is famous. Conveniently located just 3 miles from Pokesdown Rail Station and Bournemouth International Airport. Village Bournemouth is ideal for business and leisure travellers alike. Nearby attractions include Monkey World, Castlepoint Shopping Centre, New Forest and the Oceanarium. Village Hotel Bournemouth has 116 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Village Hotel Bournemouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Bournemouth Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Village Hotel