Well after reading other reviews I thought I would be giving this a 'very good' but after my experience in the restaurant it gets an 'average' only. I went into the restaurant at about 8.30 and was seated straight away and they took a drink order. A simple pint. …..... And then took my food order about 10 mins later. Fine so far but would by now have expected to have been served my drink. 5 mins. after that I had to ask where it was? "Oh, sorry sir, we are very busy tonight". No way. I reckon the restaurant has about 100-120 covers. There were 14 diners and 3 staff serving on. No idea what the kitchen staffing was like but if they can't cope with 14 diners in a restaurant of that size then they should shut up shop now. No excuses.
I then get the waiter serving my main course despite clearly ordering a starter as well. He looked bewildered when I asked where my starter was! If the same person who took the order served, or if they had a maitre de who would clearly spot at least the lack of drink if not both issues, my review could have been different.
I then have a strong suspicion my main course was then kept warm, rather than freshly cooked again. I wish I'd told them not to bother with the starter. Interestingly the man at the next table smirked at this problem and said originally he had been served the wrong starter. Clearly a problem brain wise amongst the staff.
Maybe after driving 300 miles and half a days work I was cranky, but surely I am not expecting too much to get simple orders right in a relatively quiet restaurant?
Next gripe. I was told said pint and starter would be complimentary. I go to sign the chit on leaving only to see the pint (but at least not the starter were on the bill). Young lad said can't delete it, but will make sure it is not on final bill at check-out. I had doubts about this but in fairness I wasn't charged for it.
On the plus side, the front of house staff on check-in and leisure facilities were/are good. Would I re-visit? Possibly yes but would eat out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Bournemouth is a short drive from the town centre and boasts 7 miles of sandy beaches that Bournemouth is famous. Conveniently located just 3 miles from Pokesdown Rail Station and Bournemouth International Airport. Village Bournemouth is ideal for business and leisure travellers alike. Nearby attractions include Monkey World, Castlepoint Shopping Centre, New Forest and the Oceanarium. Village Hotel Bournemouth has 116 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Village Hotel Bournemouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Bournemouth Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Village Hotel