“Ladies Weekend”

Ranked #61 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Bushey, England, United Kingdom
“Ladies Weekend”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel the first weekend in June for a Masonic ladies w/end, the staff were most helpful and given the age range of the guests in our group (4 - 81 yrs) they were amazing. The food and service was very good although breakfast could be quite busy. We will be going back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Spent the day here to eat and used the facilities (specifically the outdoor pool) for a birthday party. We had a brilliant day and the staff were fantastic, so helpful – nothing was too much trouble! There was a lovely atmosphere. The staff are what make the hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Northamptonshire
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Down in Bournemouth for a wedding, we decided to stay an extra night, so we were looking around at hotels at 5.30pm. We booked the Ocean View, and made our way there. Fantastic location, we parked in the somewhat small car park, and made our way into reception. The receptionist was very friendly and efficient, and we were soon shown up to our room. We booked a double, but ended up with a large triple room. We didn't have a sea view, and because we took about the last room, we didn't ask for it - I would imagine that they fill those rooms first, and we were happy anyway.
The room itself was immaculately clean, the bed huge (two singles zipped together) and although I found the bed quite hard, the bedding was clean and fresh, as you'd expect. The TV was quite small for the large room, although adequate. We had room 114, situated above the reception at the back of the hotel. Not too much noise, but I would imagine Saturday nights are perhaps noisier.
The bathroom could definitely do with being refurbished - some cracked tiles here and there, and a generally jaded look, but the shower was fine, nice and hot, and the shower head removable from the wall (I hate fixed shower heads!)
Biggest drawbacks in the bathroom were the fact the towel rail was HOT! On a very warm July evening, that was not a welcome touch! And it couldn't be switched off. Also, the large bathroom window looked out onto a flat roof, which was home to a number of pigeons (noisy) a broken glass roof window, and also meant security was compromised if it was left open, which I wanted to because of the towel rail.
Breakfast.... Second to none! Buffet type, help yourself to cereals, full English too, as much as you want, there was plenty there - all served in the large airy dining room with views over the superb gardens, pool and across to the sea. I went and relaxed for half an hour by the pool, in the sun, before we had to book out - the garden is a lovely sun
trap.
We were given a voucher for 10% off a meal at the Cotton wood next door, so we dined there. Gorgeous food, well presented too. Unfortunately, we dined rather late, at a time when there seemed to be a staff changeover. The first course arrived quite quickly, seeing as it was freshly cooked, but after that, our waitress disappeared. No-one enquire if everything was ok, and no-one asked if we wanted a sweet. It appeared that we, along with another couple, had been forgotten about. It was only when my partner got up to go and find someone, that we got any further service. Quite shocking.
Apart from this, though, we would stay there again, good value for the money we paid, and next time we'll ask for a sea view!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel last week Sunday to Wednesday I was with my mother the staff at the hotel were great lovely clean hotel great food great location.
We had a lovely big room ocean view which was great we will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at the Ocean View Hotel last night and really liked the place. Somebody with lovely taste has done up the communal areas very stylishly. The gold wallpaper and mirrors and pretty little touches made it nice to spend time in. I enjoyed a happy hour with my feet dipped in the lovely pool (really clean and attractive terrace) The waitress bought me out a pot of coffee and a cool drink and crisps, they were very reasonably priced and the waitress very obliging.

All the staff I met were really good, they were professional and friendly too. My room was a sea view one and one of the last ones they had available as I booked mid afternoon of the day I was going. It was very clean, plenty of really hot water and my bed was comfy. It was fab being able to have the sea air blowing into my room all night.

The bathroom carpet did smell a bit of wee and I got the impression this may have been one of the rooms they were working round to refurbishing. Having said that the room itself was really clean.

This is one of those hotels you can really relax in, not like some of the 4 and 5* hotels that feel like being in your stuck up auntie's house,snarling at you if you put your glass down without a coaster. It is Stylish but relaxed and homely.

I will stay again, thank you Ocean View :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for one night over the Easter weekend and managed to get the "discounted" rate of £95 per night which for the facilities and state of the hotel is disgraceful. We chose the hotel because of a function being held there and the convenience of staying on site.
Firstly the car park is miniscule and you do not have a hope if you arrive late afternoon early evening. Reception...they say first impressions are everything and this is not good. It is tiny and scruffy - I thought this was a doorman's desk and the reception was elsewhere. Check in staff unhelpful.

The room we were allocated was awful. It was tiny, so small that one of us had to stand in the bathroom while the other changed or moved about. There was just no room to swing a cat. The furniture was something out of a 1970's junk sale, tatty old laminated wood. The draw on the bideside unit would not stay closed until I wedged it shut with cardboard.

Service was poor. Beware if you want a meal in the hotel. In the room there is information about meals that can be purchased in the bar up to 9.00am. However when we tried this we were told they did not do food - we could try their sister hotel next door if we wanted. No offer of finding out if we could get a meal there - we had to walk around ourselves only to find out that we should have pre-ordered and so nothing available. Anyway thanks to Domino's for delivering..no thanks to the hotel staff as no one offered any help, despite us having two 80 year olds in our party.

I am afraid this just reminds me of a poor run down British sea side hotel overcharging because of it's proximity to the beach. The sooner these are upgraded the better - they could learn a lot even from the budget hotels around the country.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank peterstoneboy

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

New Malden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel on arrival seemed small, a tiny little reception desk but staff were polite.
The room itself was 203, spacious, light with a few faults.
The room had no air conditioning and it was a very hot couple of days, by opening the windows only filled the room with flies as the large lights to illuminate the hotel at night were right under my window, which was also an issue when sleeping as curtains were thin with gaps at the side and the small side window had no curtains at all.
The breakfast was tasty and hot, lots of selection and the hotel decor itself was nice but not sure who laid the carpets. Very creaky floors too so i could hear every step the person took above me and i am sure those underneath me would say the same.
Great view from the window and the pool look well maintained and clean.
Would have preferred proper shampoo rather than HAIR AND BODY which was in large bottles in the bathroom.
The sister hotel next door was a boutique hotel, good food 12pm-7pm in bar area but pricey.
Great decor in this hotel too.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room or book one as they are worth it for the view itself. Some room also have ve...