“Very good”

Bonnington Beach Hotel
Ranked #114 of 134 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Very clean good location nice manager and nice staff had a good stay would defenatly recommend to everyone really enjoyed it here

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed 3 May 2011

On the positive side this hotel is in a good location and has a nice clean art deco style entrance and breakfast area. In the room there was a small flat screen television which had a good picture and freeview channels.

Unfortunately everything else was terrible. The first thing that hit me when entering the room was the overpowering stench of bleach. This lingered and hit me every time I entered the room. Also, the "double" was actually two single beds (with bad mattresses which felt like the springs were going to come through) pushed together. The only other furniture in the room was a bedside table, which had tea and coffee making items on it, a wardrobe and another random single bed. There was holes in the wall, peeling wallpaper and flakey paint everywhere. I would be embarrassed to put a paying guest in a room like this (and I have stayed in quite a few hostels and budget hotels over the years). Similarly the bathroom was very run down, old style with again holes in the wall. Also the light in the bathroom was so dim that with the door shut you could barely see anything (as there was no window). The bathroom door wouldn't close fully, as the door was too big for the frame. There were no toiletries in the bathroom (fair enough, but not even soap?). In the morning my boyfriend emerged covered in shower gel unable to wash it off because only scolding hot water was coming from the shower, in the end he washed it off with water from the cold tap of the sink. When I tried to have a shower a while later I got only a dribble of cold water from it.

The door to the room was very thin and if there were people in the corridor you could hear every word. I could hear people in the morning complaining to the manager about the noise. Luckily we didn't get back till late in the evening and we weren't disturbed during the night.

The girl on reception was friendly and the manager was attentive (although lacked any customer services/people skills as he never cracked a smile at anyone).

Parking isn't free (it costs an extra £5 a day).

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to older people as there is no lift. Although that's a little irrelevant as I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone full stop!

This is based on the fact that, ignoring the state of the room, the two things you most want from a hotel is to sleep and be able to wash, and neither were really possible in this place!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ajbeaker
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Just returned from my hen weekend in Bournmouth. Was arranged through Eclipse Leisure, who booked us in to Bonnington Beach. Wasn't sure what to expect - but was thrilled with the choice of hotel. I can highly reccomend for hen/stag/b'day weekends. There were 22 of us in the group aged between 24-58 and everyone - without exception - had a fab time. The owner Nick went out of his way to make us all feel comfortable and happy. He especially looked after my Mum and aunts, making sure they got a nice and quiet room. He accomodated all our needs in terms of twin/triple/double rooms etc.
The place is really inviting - there is a lovely lounge/bar area that is really light and spacious that we spent quite a lot of time in - even though we had loads of activities booked - we found ourselves drawn back to the hotel bar.
Do believe what the other reviews say about Hannah the receptionist - what a lovely girl.
This is a party hotel - so don't expect a quiet weekend - it's all abou the fun -we were in the bar until 2 or 3am both nights.
I must make one small negative comment if I am being 100% honest - the rooms are pretty basic and the showers not brilliant - but really - for the price you can't complain about that. It certainly wouldn't put me off going back or reccomending to anyone else.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Just come back from my daughters Hen Weekend. Had a fantastic time. The hotel was clean and tidy and Nick the owner was great he looked afer us really well. He made sure we were happy with our rooms and was always on hand if there was a problem, which I am happy to say, there wasn't. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was full english and very nice too, just the thing to set you up for the day. We had read on the reveiws that it would be noisy but I can honestly say that we didn't find it noisy and had no problem sleeping. Would deifinately stay there again. Thanks Nick.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 30 April 2011

We stayed at the hotel for two nights(Thursday and Friday)and had a lovely time.The hotel is nice and bright and the rooms are fine(the best we`ve found at these prices in Bournemouth).its very close to the town centre and the staff we`re very friendly.The manager took time to sit and have a chat and the receptionist was lovely and always helpful.It was a little noisy on the Friday night(just a couple of people staggering in late after a few too many drinks)but not the fault of the hotel and what you have to expect on a Friday night in Bournemouth.Overall we we`re very happy with our stay and if we get a break in Bournemouth again soon this is the first place we`ll try to book.Thanks for the friendly,helpful service

Room Tip: Close to town centre and beach
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2011

stayed at the boningtton with my mates few munths ago and the girls in bournenouth are stunning...... rooms are wat you pay for, breakfast cud have been abit more generous, cleaners are not the friendliest people ever, and not herd that the very good looking blonde doesnt work there anymore when she made us laugh and always had a happy approach towards us!...... mick and the old receptionist was a great pleasure and was always friendly towards us ! keep up the good work and please make our breakfast bigger ! i would defintly come agan.
and i have also got to point out that the parking was free last time i come so were was also annoyed that this had change!
blonde lady back
free parking
bigger breakfasts
and its will be top notch guys

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank matthewscouscer
Reviewed 24 April 2011

The hotel was in a lovely location - only 5 mins walk from the sea :)
The bed was v comfy and the room was clean. I was disappointed at the lack of the personal touches promised on the website. I was looking forward to the jar of sweets on the pillow-which were missing and also there were no towels when we arrived. I chose this hotel over one from around the corner which was the same price because of the little touches that were supposed to be there. Staff were v friendly!

• Stayed: April 2011