Bonnington Beach Hotel
US$125
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$80
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$85
US$97
US$90
Orbitz.com
US$102
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewshen dowould stay againhotel is perfectenglish breakfasttown centrehotel barclean hoteltea and coffee making facilitiesstayed for one nightdouble roomseafront
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stopped here on a recent stag weekend. The downstairs area was nice and we had a quick drink before checking in. However things rapidly went downhill. The hotel manager was extremely rude and abusive to a foreign guest, and when I intervened to help, he repeated the dose with me. Charming man! Thankfully we did not see a lot of him over the couple of days we were there.

Some of our group were packed like sardines into rooms ( 5 in one!) and paying a fair whack when it was all totalled up. The rooms were also very basic. The little bar area and lounge was quite nice, and the rest of the staff were fine and friendly. Breakfast was just about adequate, and the hotel is reasonably well situated, but all in all, it was a pretty dreadful stay. The group of guys I went with were great and it was their company that salvaged the weekend for me. Avoid!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank RicohWiltshire
sarah b, Guest Relations Manager at Bonnington Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Hello,thank you for your review and we are delighted you enjoyed yourself so much and that you found the rooms pleasant and clean.We all remember the incident well that you refer to you were at the bar chatting to a lady of the night we asked her to leave you insisted that she remained at the bar you carried on buying her drinks .We then tried to explain to you that we do not allow guests in the room under any circumstances you insisted,We had a dispute with the young lady and yourself she was then asked to leave which she did with you.I am delighted that it did not spoil your stay and look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed here at the end of August fir my boyfriends birthday. Breakfast was nice. Rooms ok. Bed was dreadful! In desperate need of new ones! Close to town. Wi-fi didnt work properly either. I wouldnt stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank panna1986
sarah b, Public Relations Manager at Bonnington Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for your review.You are correct about the beds and we are changing all 107 beds starting from the first week of september we will phase it in gradually throughout the month.I am sorry the hotel did not live up to your expectations and i would love you to come back and try us out again.we are constantly trying to improve things where we can.Thank you once again for your important feedback

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Second stay here, Breakfast was a real let down and bearing in mind we where staying here for work, Making sure we both had a good breakfast was very important....Cold beans, cold toast, cold tomatoes and for some bizarre reason on a weekend there is NO fresh juice just squash and no scrambled eggs its a cold English breakfast or a cold English breakfast....The young waitress in the morning on the weekend is just down right RUDE

Parking was a real issue,

Rooms, tidy but beds horrendous, No mattress protector. I The mattresses are filthy and covered in stains,I had to ask for a extra duvet to put under our sheet as the springs where sticking in my back. Which admittedly the night porter was more than happy to source for me.

The en-suite dark dark dark, the light resembles that of a match infact I think a match would be brighter...No hot water until the evening so cold showers first thing...,no light at the top of mirror and dead bugs all across the shelving.

If ur on a stag do prob good place to stay but for work a a weekend get away id stay clear

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tara j
sarah b, Public Relations Manager at Bonnington Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your review .Firstly i am sorry the hotel did not live up to your standards you are quite right that at weekends the hotel is full of groups and that it is a juggling act to keep individuals happy as the groups are noisy and partying.I am sorry the breakfast was cold there is no excuse and am sorry that you did not get the scrambled eggs that you wanted a mid week stay this would not have been an issue.at the moment the hotel is undergoing a complete refurbishment so that when you return you should never have this experience again.As a sort of gesture to you for your bad experience i would like to offer you a free nights accommodation and once again apologise that we could not perform at our best.The hotel should be fully refurbished from end of november.Once again thank you for choosing us and pointing out where we have gone wrong we have taken on board all your comments

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The chap who greeted us when we were parking our cars was rude & unwelcoming. I shared a room with my friend, while the rest of our hen party shared bunk beds in an annex. Our mattress was very thin & uncomfortable. My friend smelt damp all night & was coughing the rest of the following day. I understood it was a budget hotel & we didnt get back from our hen night till 2am, but the racket for the rest of the night was horrendous. I guess we got to sleep at about 5.30am. The only saving grace of our stay was the acceptable breakfast, with very nice coffee.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you want to sleep
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeanHardwick
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked this quite last minute so I didn't expect anything amazing as it was for a night on the bank holiday weekend. However I was very disappointed given the price we paid (£80 for a pokey triple room), especially as we had just spent two nights in a Premier Inn for less money and excellent accommodation. In the resevation info we were told that use of the facilities at the nearby Marriott hotel was inclued in the price but this was never offered to us, nor was there any other hotel or local information provided in the hotel or bedroom.

The manager was friendly enough on arrival and advised that he had saved us a parking space as we had paid for it (£5), the parking space only consisted of the last corner on the tiny car park at the front of the hotel, I was reaasured that as everyone left at the same time in the morning it didn;t matter that I was blocking in 10+ other cars....as it turned out I only had to move my car once in the morning before check out so it could have been worse. The location of the hotel is good, 5 mins walk from the beach.

The room was very basic but clean, our daughter's bed (aged 6) was rather soft (I couldn't have slept on it) but she didn't mind. My husband and I were however rather cramped on our small double but it was comfortable enough. The decor was dated and the plug sockets looked like they'd seen better days. No bedside lights or even a hairdryer in the room, just a couple of soaps and 2 sachets of shower gel in the bathroom, oh and some used ones in the shower....not forgetting the disco ball attached to the bedroom ceiling??!!

The shower again was rather old and tired but functioned ok, water pressure in taps however was poor and the toilet ran for a while after flushing but did eventually go quiet.

The breakfast was very disappointing, very much a basic English breakfast made with cheap ingredients. I asked for a vegetarian breakfast and got one egg, one tinned tomato and a couple of spoonfuls of beans, not quite what I had hoped for.

It was at breakfast that I really took a dislike for the hotel manager and it became clear that he was only interested in making a quick buck and not in running a quality business. His pleasant demenour of the previous evening had vanished. He came into the breakfast area and I observed him pointing his finger at a member of staff and swearing at her. I then overheard other members of staff slagging off one of the new waitresses, not really want I wanted to listen to over breakfast. Overall not a pleasant atmosphere that I would want to return to.

This hotel is probably fine for young people looking for a no frills crash pad but otherwise avoid it, there is much better out there for the money.

Room Tip: It sounds like other guests have had better rooms so it is probably worth enquiring at time of booking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family