Bonnington Beach Hotel
US$124
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$80
US$96
US$90
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$86
  • Pool
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$109
US$98
US$102
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewshen dowould stay againhotel is perfectenglish breakfasttown centrehotel barclean hoteltea and coffee making facilitiesstayed for one nightdouble roomseafront
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Had read reviews on here before visiting and feared the worst. However, for £38 a night we thought it represented good value. What is expected for £38 - for us a clean room and a comfortable bed, if we wanted more we'd expect to pay more and guess what - our room was clean and we slept well each night. The staff were friendly and helpful, there is car parking (we paid £5 per day) which is tight but cheaper than public car parks. The breakfast is freshly cooked and was very nice thankyou, wi-fi is free although we were not able to get access in our room (we were advised it was unlikely on check in). It is a short walk to both the seafront and pier and the town centre. Assuming we are visiting Bournemouth again we would certainly consider re-visiting. The one drawback was we noticed a strong smell of bleach or disinfectant each time we entered the room but it wasn't an issue.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got room 14, although it overlooked the main road we were not disturbed and slept well.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I was fooled by the overall positive rating this hotel had somehow garnered from its "visitors". I can only give you my own true to life experience.

Upon arrival after a 7 hour drive I was given my keys at the front office and politely wished a happy stay, but it was very soon that I realised this stay would be anything but. Opening the door to the cesspit i had rented for the next couple of days i noticed the walls were utterly filthy and the carpet pitted and in need of a good wash. The ensuite public latrine wasn't clean either, I decided to take a shower and for the first time in my life i came out dirtier than when i went in. I was literally pulling long hairs from my head that could not have been my own. I was appalled and after drying myself with the towel provided, made my way down to reception to lodge a complaint. The receptionist who had been so kind and smiley minutes before, looked like she was about to have a nervous breakdown, maybe this kind of thing happens regularly I thought. I explained calmly that the room was the pits and I was unhappy pulling a previous guests hair from my head. I was told to wait as unfortunate new guests were waiting to be booked in. I waited and after about 20 minutes I was invited into the office to speak with the owner over the phone. I was told by the owner, who had been watching me like some nosey god through the CCTV system that i had been aggressive/abusive and he was close to phoning the police, I explained that I had been anything but! he insisted that I leave the hotel, I explained that I had paid for the room and I wasnt leaving without a refund! he told me i'd be charged for the first night, so grudgingly I demanded that I stay for that first night as I had paid for the shoddy service and he agreed. Next day I booked with another hotel in Boscombe, I paid a tiny bit more but what a huge difference! I know people will think its a budget hotel you cant expect much but cleanliness is an absolute minimum for any hotel service and on these grounds the Bonnington Beach Hotel failed utterly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Sam B
sarah b, Front Office Manager at Bonnington Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

You are absolutly correct that room was not good but since your stay every room has been refurbished new bathrooms ,new bedrooms,new carpets,You booked a bargain cheapie cheap skate room or a low budget cant afford a better room thats why you ended up with that particular room.
Next time you stay with us pay a bit more money and get a much better fully refurbed room
as the complete hotel has now been refurbed hopefully we wont have any more low priced cheapie rooms or budget person rooms.
Thanks for your nice review and im pleased you found alternative accomodation i remember you well you stayed the night had a huge buffet breakfast and then after you finished eating your huge breakfast wanted a full refund.
Funny that a member of my staff reckoned you were just trying it on to eat a huge meal and stay the night free
I said surely not there arent people like that any more who stay the complete night and eat a huge slap up cooked brkfast and only then want a full refund
Better luck next time but we too had eaten our weetabix that morning
see you again soon

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel reception and bar area is better than you would expect from a budget hotel! We had a room on the top floor for four of us (five single beds) the room and bathroom were very basic but all clean and had just what we needed for our one night stay. The hotel was also really quiet and we didn't really hear or see anyone. You can also park right outside the hotel for £5 whilst you are a guest bargain! Downside is the breakfast it was awful!!! None of us could eat it! - however this hotel is perfect for a group away and the staff are friendly. I would return but just have my breakfast in the local wetherspoons in town for less than £4!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night. Group of 7 in one room. Room was ideal for a stag group. Big, basic and clean. Hotel reception area, bar and breakfast room were very smart for a budget hotel. Bar open 24hrs. Breakfast was ok. Nothing negative to say. Staff were a big plus, especially the manager who was very friendly and was able to advise on places to go. He even used his contacts to get us free VIP club entry. Would recommend to big/small groups, young couples.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Booked this hotel on laterooms.com. double room with breakfast for was only £30 per night, really good value for menu, staff were friendly the hotel was clean and tidy, our room faced a min road but didn't hear much noise in the night, room very clean, well worth the money, would recommened.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple