Britannia Hotel Bournemouth
US$125
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$97
US$90
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$135
  • Beachfront
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$80
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$85
Travelocity
1,231 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The hotel I dirty, old fashioned, everything tired and worn out (our shower was actually hanging out of the wall) hair and toothpaste in sink. Windows were all blown an broken and curtains hanging off.
Place needs a completely gutting and starting again!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Samholmes
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great location with plenty of places nearby to eat, be entertained, shop, relax.
Hotel staff were welcoming and polite in a busy atmosphere. Dinner and evening entertainment was on offer but we didn't participate. Had a quick look into the bar area, a live singer in action with a fair sized audience but we felt like we'd walked onto the set of 'BENIDORM'!! Breakfast buffet was perfect, plenty to eat. Room was just what was needed for our 1 night stay however the tv was stuck on one channel. All in all a successful stay and would be happy to return again and recommend :)

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank doobeelou
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed one night at this Hotel because of a Groupon Deal that was on offer. The deal made this stay entirely worthwhile. We paid £39 for bed, breakfast, dinner and bottle of wine which was pretty good.

When we arrived the car park was completely full but there is a Hotel just down the road that has a multi storey car park that we were allowed to park in so that was fine. You do have to pay £3 a night for parking (in either car park) which I thought was a bit steep considering you are a guest of the Hotel.

The Hotel is in a great location near the sea, shops, restaurants etc. The actual Hotel itself looks very tired and is in need of modernisation. We were on the ground floor and we couldn't help but notice that the corridors felt a lot like being in a Hospital. The corridors were also very noisy, you could hear anyone coming a mile off! The doors on the rooms also bang so if people come in after you are in bed you can hear it. The room was basic but it does have everything you needed in it, including a very old TV and tea and coffee making facilities.

The dinner was a buffet, which was fairly basic, average food but it wasn't bad. Breakfast again was buffet style and there was enough of everything, so again not bad.

I would say I have only one real complaint about our nights stay but in the end it did work out to our advantage. When we arrived we were told that the 'Leisure facilities' were not available this weekend, which I was really disappointed about as I was looking forward to a swim and soak in the Jacuzzi. We knew we had to pay £4 each to use the facilities (I am not sure if this is standard or if it was because that was not included in the Groupon Deal) but as everything else was so cheap I didn't mind. We were told that we could try and use another Hotels facilities. To cut a long story short after we had tried at a couple of other Hotels we were told to try at the Royal Bath Hotel and as they are linked with the Britannia they let us use their facilities for free! These facilities are much better than the ones in the Britannia so it was a bit of a result for us.

Having seen the Royal Bath I would recommend staying there as it looked lovely. I'm sure it is much more expensive but it would be worth it.

I would only stay at the Britannia again if there was a similar Groupon Deal on offer. If I had paid £95 for the room I would not have been happy but the deal we had was pretty fantastic. So I suppose the praise really goes to Groupon and not the Britannia as it really is a little tired and pretty average Hotel.

Room Tip: Get a Groupon Deal!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bigbird1050
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel looks a little old from the out side but there is worse to come, On checking in i was made to pay in advance or i did not get my room, My room was very filled with very dated furniture and had rust marks coming through the paint work, The kettle was filthy had not been descaled in years. The bottom of the toilet was also filthy and on entering the bathroom the floor sagged. Carpets throughout the hotel are worn out and in need of changing, This is a very tired and dirty hotel and I would not advise anyone to stay here ever.

Room Tip: I would be surprised if there are any good rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank gary g
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Arrived at hotel having stayed once before. We were given room 4 a disabled room ( we are not disabled). On arrival we checked the bathroom this had not been cleaned, dirty towels, empty shower gel bottles, dirty bath etc. We then checked the bedding, on pulling back the quilt, bed had been slept in, hairs in the bed, plus a pubic hair. We reported this to reception and they sent a Spanish lad over to clean. He cleaned the bath, gave us new shower gels and towels. He had no intention of changing the bedding. After much arguing he eventually changed the sheet & quilt after asking us if we were only there for 1 night! In other words that will do until tomorrow. This hotel has all foreign workers, not good. On the plus side food was good.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple