“Perfect for what we wanted..”
Review of Lynden Court Hotel

Lynden Court Hotel
Ranked #108 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed as a group of 12 for 2 nights in August 2013, for a Stag party. I can honestly say that if you're looking for somewhere to stay for a stag/hen party then this will be ideal and you certainly can't argue about the price.
The rooms and hotel were clean and the reception staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Our rooms were basic, but that's all we wanted. They consisted of bunk beds, a TV and ensuite with bath/shower.
The hotel has a bar which has a pool table, TV and seating area.
I can't comment on the breakfast as none of our group made it down that early (served 08:30-09:30 I think), but the reception staff gave us several options within 5 minutes walking distance (my recommendation would be the Olive cafe).
Bournemouth's nightlife was about 5-10 minutes walk away so no taxi's required.
I would definitely consider this place in the future if I wanted somewhere cheap and clean for a lads weekend or something similar, but probably not the place to take your girlfriend away for the weekend to.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
lyndencourt, Manager at Lynden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Hi Coler,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you guys had an awesome time on your stag party weekend.

Hope to see you again,

There are newer reviews for Lynden Court Hotel

Reviewed 16 August 2013

So, great location.

But really it's just a hotel for stags. Everyone else should avoid it.

Room was a twin, not bad, did the job.

The really bad thing was the breakfast - it says continental when you book but I guess it doesn't specify which continent. Certainly not Europe...... It consisted of white bread/toast, butter, jam, cheese slices, ham (or dog) slices, mouldy yogurt, coffee/tea, juice.

You have to pay for parking too which is a bit naughty.

I would never go there again, even for another stag, I'd try somewhere else.....

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I just stayed at this hotel this weekend for a hen weekend. We booked two rooms of 6, and to be honest I was expecting it to be a lot worst than it was! I came prepared with my pillow case & anti-bacterial wipes, but didn't have to use them once.

I think the other reviews are old, & many improvements have been made since then. For the price that you pay, it is defo value for your money! It is basic but very clean. Bathroom & shower is clean, & there is always hot water. Was absolutely perfect for our Hen weekend! Situated in the perfect location. I found the staff really helpful & polite, and have to say I was pleasantly surprised!

Defiantly would recommend! I will be back to stay again. The old reviews from 2008 should be removed as I don't think they represent what the hotel is like now. I was even surprised at how well I slept. Thought it would be a lot noisier but was fine.

Thanks for helping to make our hen weekend great Lyndon! We will defo be back!!

Room Tip: Room 00 is more spacious.Glad I was in that one
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
lyndencourt, Manager at Lynden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Hi,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Myself and two of my friends stayed here for 2 nights at the end of July.
We arrived a bit worried due to previous reviews but on entering the hotel we were met by a welcoming man who informed us of all the relevant information.
We had the triple room and it was clean and tidy. The bathroom looked as if it had just been fitted and was modern however we did have some problems with the shower but it soon sorted. We given towels and other bathroom toiletries in our room.
There was a friendly atmosphere and there was no trouble or noise from other guests. The hotel suited the purpose of our visit and the staff recommended good restaurants, bars and clubs. They were friendly and helpful throughout our visit.
Would recommend to any of our friends, good value for money as very cheap! Will be returning :)!

• Stayed: July 2013
lyndencourt, Manager at Lynden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your review.

We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay at Lynden Court Hotel.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

6 of us stayed in a Dorm room. Its a perfect location, 6 mins from beach, 5-10 mins from city centre.

Room was clean, yes basic, clean facilities + great shower. Did not get chance to experience breakfast.

Owner was very helpful, whatever he wanted he sorted out for us, recommended places etc

Hi SEM1975,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Lynden Court Hotel.

Hope to see you again

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I went here for my stag weekend with 13 friends. Originally there were meant to be 16 of us so we booked two twin rooms and two 6 bed dorms. Two people dropped out the week before but the hotel still made us pay for their rooms which was slightly disappointing.

Staff were pleasent when we arrived, if you wanted a drink from their 'bar' you just had to ask. £3 for a bottle wasn't too bad though and the pool table was functional if small.

I was in a twin room, which for £33 a night was quite good, bed was fine, small tv, bathroom was decent and the shower was good although I heard from others that their bathrooms weren't great.

I think a stag company uses this hotel exclusively as there were about 5 stag parties staying there and not a single woman to be seen.

The breakfast was poor, we paid for a continental breakfas which consisted of white bread (no brown or multi grain available), toasters, some cheese singles and slices of ham, cereals and some milk. There were yoghurts however most when opened revealed mould meaning that of our 14 man party only 3 of us ate breakfast there on the second day and everyone else went out to find a local cafe.

The location of the hotel is fine, would strongly recommend a pub round the corner for food called the goat and tricycle and Bournemouth was a good night out.

On the Saturday night, around 3am, my friends were putting gaffer tape on eachother to try and give us impromptu waxes, the night manager came out and rather aggressively stopped us doing this as it was too noisy, even grabbing my friend's arm as he was pulling the tape off which I thought was way over the top.

All in all, it's a pretty good place for a stag weekend but if you're going for anything else then look elsewhere.

Hi JazzyFek3000,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Lynden Court Hotel.

I am really sorry that you dint like the breakfast.

I apologize on behalf of the night manager for being aggressive to you.

Hope to see you again

Reviewed 4 August 2013

The place stunk, the rooms was worst than worst, and the place had so manys rules just to get extra money out of you, plus when i went to get my deposit back they gave me £20 less and said i must of only given them £130 when it said £150 paided and they didnt give it back to me.they charge you to park your car in there car park. the staff was rude and i wouldnt feed they breakfast to my dog. 4 people from my party went and got another hotels. i will never be going there again. booked through an internet company and got proper mugged off. people selling [--] like that should be ashamed of themselves. on the plus side bournemouth was banging! and u have clean your own rooms lol