“'A cracking time'”
Review of Lynden Court Hotel

Lynden Court Hotel
Ranked #107 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Well... how can I describe the Lynden in one paragraph? The answer is, I can't. We visited in August and stayed for 5 nights, most definitely the best 5 nights of my life; memories that I will hold in my now hollow heart forever.
Before our arrival to the Lynden we were apprehensive as we believed that a cheap price (of £60 for 4 nights) and good, clean acommodation were two things that did not mix. However, upon arrival we were pleasantly suprised by the warm welcome and jovial attitude from the owner whom now holds a dear place in my now broken soul.
The rooms were spacious and clean and although basic provided us with everything we needed for our stay; this included a TV with freview channels (what a treat!!!) Downstairs in the social gathering area we were able to converse with other residents in the hotel and make new friends which we will treasure for a lifetime. The facilities here were more than adequate including a plasma screen TV and pool table!
The breakfast exceeded our expectations with plenty of fresh toast, yoghurts, juice and even WARM boiled eggs (we were spoilt for choice!)
The hotel is in an IDEAL location for exploring the delights of Bournemouth and as we are from the city of Birmingham we especially enjoyed the clean fresh air in our lungs and the sand between our toes on the beautiful blue flag beaches!
We will most definitely be visiting again and are thoroughly impressed by the service we received during our stay - if I haven't returned by next summer, well, I'll eat my hat!

A few minor complaints as no where's perfect!
Not ideal for families as can be noisy in the evening due to the good time being had by all
Shower temperature hard to negotiate but hey ho we had the sea on our doorstep
Window wouldn't open fully, not ideal when you've had warm boiled eggs for brekky I can tell ya!

Overall, me nar gonna lie, a cracking time!!!!
From a satisfied customer, in more than one way. Thomas Hill.

4  Thank thill_2010
lyndencourt, Manager at Lynden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you had a cracking time at Lynden Court Hotel and you enjoyed stay and like our Breakfast.

I hope to see you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel. Since my last visit which was last year, the hotel has seen some improvements. One of my last complaints was that the interior was in need of a lick of paint and better lighting. It appears this has been done as the corridors appeared cleaner and brighter to walk along. The room was as clean and comfortable as my previous visit and the staff just as helpful. The bed was so comfortable, i wished i could bring it home with me. I enjoyed a great nights sleep, so wasn't too disturbed by any late-night noise by other travellers coming and going in the early hours. Experienced no problems with the bathroom facilities and received hot water every time i took a shower.

If you're looking for a comfortable place to bed-down for a few days at a cheap price, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mich123jay
lyndencourt, Manager at Lynden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Hi,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Lynden Court Hotel and had a comfortable night sleep.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights in August 2013 as a group of 13 on a Stag do. The location is great for the nightlife being only a short walk to the pubs and clubs, so no taxi's neccessary, and the price was great too. Ok, the accommodation is a little dated and basic, but the rooms were clean, the water was hot and there's breakfast included (albeit quite early at 8.30-9.30). The staff couldn't be more helpful either, be it getting us a table at a nearby restaurant at very short notice, to even posting one of the lads jackets which he had left behind in one of the rooms at checkout. For a romantic weekend away look elsewhere, but for a weekend out in Bournemouth with friends then I would definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
lyndencourt, Manager at Lynden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Hi Simon D,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stag weekend at Lynden Court Hotel.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Having just stayed at the hotel for my hen weekend I can say that although the staff couldn't do enough for us the rooms need a little updating. Our tv didn't work and the place was a bit messy really. Can't comment on the breakfast as none of us made it in time. Location was excellent, was a short walk from town & a £8 taxi ride from the main nightlife. Prob wouldn't go there with my other half but would def go back for a girls weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi Happyhen,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

If you would have informed us about the TV not working we would have sorted the TV for you.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed as a group of 12 for 2 nights in August 2013, for a Stag party. I can honestly say that if you're looking for somewhere to stay for a stag/hen party then this will be ideal and you certainly can't argue about the price.
The rooms and hotel were clean and the reception staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Our rooms were basic, but that's all we wanted. They consisted of bunk beds, a TV and ensuite with bath/shower.
The hotel has a bar which has a pool table, TV and seating area.
I can't comment on the breakfast as none of our group made it down that early (served 08:30-09:30 I think), but the reception staff gave us several options within 5 minutes walking distance (my recommendation would be the Olive cafe).
Bournemouth's nightlife was about 5-10 minutes walk away so no taxi's required.
I would definitely consider this place in the future if I wanted somewhere cheap and clean for a lads weekend or something similar, but probably not the place to take your girlfriend away for the weekend to.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
lyndencourt, Manager at Lynden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Hi Coler,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad that you guys had an awesome time on your stag party weekend.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 16 August 2013

So, great location.

But really it's just a hotel for stags. Everyone else should avoid it.

Room was a twin, not bad, did the job.

The really bad thing was the breakfast - it says continental when you book but I guess it doesn't specify which continent. Certainly not Europe...... It consisted of white bread/toast, butter, jam, cheese slices, ham (or dog) slices, mouldy yogurt, coffee/tea, juice.

You have to pay for parking too which is a bit naughty.

I would never go there again, even for another stag, I'd try somewhere else.....

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I just stayed at this hotel this weekend for a hen weekend. We booked two rooms of 6, and to be honest I was expecting it to be a lot worst than it was! I came prepared with my pillow case & anti-bacterial wipes, but didn't have to use them once.

I think the other reviews are old, & many improvements have been made since then. For the price that you pay, it is defo value for your money! It is basic but very clean. Bathroom & shower is clean, & there is always hot water. Was absolutely perfect for our Hen weekend! Situated in the perfect location. I found the staff really helpful & polite, and have to say I was pleasantly surprised!

Defiantly would recommend! I will be back to stay again. The old reviews from 2008 should be removed as I don't think they represent what the hotel is like now. I was even surprised at how well I slept. Thought it would be a lot noisier but was fine.

Thanks for helping to make our hen weekend great Lyndon! We will defo be back!!

Room Tip: Room 00 is more spacious.Glad I was in that one