“Get what you pay for with big rooms.”
Review of Lynden Court Hotel

Lynden Court Hotel
Ranked #112 of 134 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 January 2014

8 lads for one night, worked put very cheap. We were able to come and go 24 hours. Men working the reception were helpful. They let us check in early for convenience. Needs more sockets in rooms but overall you get what you pay for :D happy customers.

• Stayed: January 2014
lyndencourt, Manager at Lynden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Reviewed 28 December 2013

room could have done with a lot better tlc, bathroom wasn't 'perfect' or very fresh and i didn't find the arrangement to breakfast very amusing, manufactured cheese for example and no option of a full English breakfast although the rest of the food and drinks (in my case tea) were up to reasonable standards although for the very cheap price I got it, it was worthwhile but if I had paid a lot more I wouldn't be happy, not the best but the rest was ok
bed sheets were clean, reception staff were friendly

Room Tip: Good if you can live without a full fried breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank chrisa1989

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Perfect for stag or hen trip. Open all hours (including bar) to come back from late nights. The staff are very friendly also. Rooms not big but clean - very cheap for what you get still. Recommend highly for a party weekend with friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
lyndencourt, Manager at Lynden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Thank you for your review.

I hope your stag group had a wonderful time in Bournemouth.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Just got back from a stag weekend at the Lynden Court hotel. It was clean enough and although our room was quite small we didn't spend a lot of time in it so it doesn't matter. Downstairs bar was well stocked, breakfast was a continental type. The hotel was roughly a 10 minute walk into the main bars of Bournemouth but there are pubs dotted all along the route.
One word of advice to people who want to go clubbing in Bournemouth though. TAKE PICTURE I.D to get in nightclubs. They scan them at the entrance, even if, like me and a few others on our trip, we are well over 35.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank wyllieboy16

Thank you for your review.

I hope your stag group had a wonderful time in Bournemouth.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel was near the town centre and all local amenities and facilities including travel links. It was also near to the restaurant I had in mind to eat at after check-in. There was no secure place to lock up my road bike so the night receptionist allowed me to store it in the hotel in a storage cupboard when I came back after dinner. Excellent customer service.

My room was right by a communal access door which had a broken closer and made a horrific noise each time it was opened - which was a lot due to the amount of drunk people having arguments and the sole member of staff not being able to do much by himself to stop it, which meant it went on until 4am, I had to get up at 7. Not the staffs fault at all however police should have been called earlier.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean with a hot shower. I didn't need anything else but a sleep and a shower from this hotel and I got both - though not as much sleep as I wanted, but as I mentioned above, this had nothing to do with the hotel and I will not hold them responsible for my lack of sleep.

Great if you want a cheap central place to crash after a night out.

Poor if you expect Ritz glamour and silent nights.

Room Tip: If you're after a good nights sleep, request a room away from people that are obviously there fo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
lyndencourt, Manager at Lynden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I'm writing this on behalf of 22 stags, who stayed for 2 nights mid October. All I can say is we were blown away by the quality of the service, leniency and the trust shown to us as a group of lads.

We set up a surprise for the stag and wanted 21 of us to be waiting in fancy dress (Star Wars) in the pool room of the hotel when he arrived. I organised all of this 6 months in advance and the guys at Lynden Court were incredibly helpful - they even opened the bar early (midday!) for us. Communication was fantastic, and responses were often immediate.

The price was unbelievable. The price isn't even that bad for the bar. Yes, it's a budget hotel, it's a bit dirty and the breakfast isn't much to shout about. But it worked out at £40 each for 2 nights and tea and toast in the morning. I cannot stress enough - if you want a cheap and reliable place to stay on a group holiday, you cannot fault this place. Even the broken door locks in the bathrooms made for hilarious moments.:D

It meant the world that the guys at Lynden Court trusted us and arranged payment and check in and check out to suit us, as it's not an easy task organising a holiday for 22 guys. There was no negativity towards us. Even when one of us broke a glass messing around with his lightsaber, they just cleared it up and carried on with immense understanding. They let us have pizza delivered to the poolroom (on the agreement that we tidy up afterwards), and it was even their suggestion we did so. They are polite, well meaning and just let us get on with it. It's also all 24 hour entrance, so you can stumble in at 4am and play a bit of pool before bed if you fancy it.

It doesn't suit a family holiday or a romantic break. But it is beyond perfect for stag and hen dos or a weeekend away with your friends. I cannot thank them enough for playing a huge part in making my best mate's stag what it was. Thank you. Kyle (Luke's Stag) x

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hi,

I am glad that you had a great time on the stag do.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The rooms were terrible, breakfast was poor, shower didnt work, doors broken, bunk beds falling apart. The service was awfull, the management were very rude, should be shut down.

I wouldnt reccomend this place to anybody, I wouldnt even stay there as a last resort, the best part of my time there was the day I went home.

Complete rip off, and we didnt get our deposit back even though we left the room how we found it, they said we broke the beds.

Seriously DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: August 2013