The Croham Hotel
Tower House Hotel(Bournemouth)
  • Beachfront
The Connaught Lodge(Bournemouth)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed here in may with my partner, our room coated £69 in total this included breakfast. On arrival the receptionist was friendly and helpful, our room wasn't really anything to write home about. Very poor & dull decor. In the room there was no hair dryer nor any washing products which in reflection to any other hotel I've been to is a basic and that's even in cheap hotels. The notice for any stains etc was shoved on the door and no welcome pack...explaining that if any stains were found it would be a £10 charge! My partner couldn't sleep during the night due to the noisy air con which was off. Breakfast was a complete shambles as on entry to the room you are not greeted nor seated, there is no mention of how to get a hot breakfast or what's available it was just due to other guests tucking in to a full English we decided to ask however the staff weren't friendly and seemed very unhelpful, the breakfast wasn't really worth getting out of bed for in all honesty with a tiny excuse for a sausage and fried bread killed in oil. You were also only given from 8-9.30 for breakfast so would appear to me they hope most people don't wake up for it. Love Bournemouth not a fan of this hotel so will not be staying again, too much money for how little you get.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bethsieboo0506
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed her on Friday 10th May. I used booking.com to book the Hotel which seemed to work fine. My only criticism was that on arrival the receptionist kept us and another set of guests waiting for around 120 minutes whilst he was on the phone. I thought it would have been better to call the other person back.
Our room was on the third floor (307) and was clean and tidy. The double glazing was very good at keeping out the road noise. This is a family room and therefore had a double and a single bed.
One of the other guests has tried to put their drinks bill on our room (thank you for that whoever you are!), but the Manager dealt with it really well.
I would use the Hotel again. The price of £95 was a bit high, but I guess we paid extra for the larger room and also the central location of the Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Me and my friend stayed from 3rd to 6th may. The night porter and the guy in the reception in the mornings were brilliant as for the restaurant for breakfast in the morning that was a joke... 1 morning we had 2 couples and a group that sat down after us and they were all served first there was no organisation and the staff wer all over the place. The guy on reception on the late shifts was so rude we avoided talking or asking him anything as he didn't really care and couldn't be bothered. The rooms were tidy but we had to ask for clean towels. We have stayed here a few times befor but this by far was the worst stay. Best thing was location and tidiness.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 18 April 2013

we thought the room was very clean and comfortable. loveley shower.breakfast was good staff helpful.my only comment was that you had to pay £3.50 to park your car in the car park which seemed a bit of a cheek.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Awful room. Damp and plaster falling off all around the skirting board and walls. 'Curtains' were an old limp rag. Bed was squashed into an area with no room at all either side so you had to climb from the bottom. Freezing cold so we asked for a blanket which arrived with lots sinister stains. We didn't want to use it! Bathroom... the toilet was installed right up to the shower cubicle so you had to sit sideways unless you have no legs. The furniture was awful, you couldn't even give it away... I have never felt compelled to write a hotel review but this was such an awful experience I had to say something - all straight facts. Don't stay here, you can find much better.

Room Tip: Not the rooms in the basement.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple