“Nice hotel, clean & fab breakfast!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Croham Hotel

The Croham Hotel
Ranked #64 of 68 Hotels in Bournemouth
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, clean & fab breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here night when my daughter had an early uni interview! Lovely room, en suite spotlessly clean - room was cold when we arrived but lovely gentleman came & showed us how to put the heating on. Very friendly staff, cooked breakfast next morning was excellent - usually stay in Travelodges or Premier inns so was a bit dubious because this was cheap, but we couldn't fault it & will stay again next time in Bournemouth - location great for town, seafront & uni

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
St Albans, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have stayed in Bournemouth so many times, as i have friends living there. The hotel we normally stay at was fully booked so we decided to take a gamble on this hotel we booked through hostel bookers. Which is a great website as you pay a deposit to hold the booking then pay the amount on arrival which a great if you are booking for more than yourself!

HOWEVER:

I called the hotel before arriving at the hotel to let them know that we would be checking in around 8pm. I was on the phone to one of the male workers, on the reception, whilst talking to me he took a sip of drink which i could hear, then burped down the phone at me, and did not excuse himself, which was my first impression of the hotel. gross!

I was told I needed to give my card details over the phone to pre authorise the booking. I had booked 4 rooms, which equated to over £200 which I was expecting to pay when I got to the hotel not a few hours before, I was told if they were not able to "hold" the money in my account for all the rooms they would not keep the booking. I was not aware of this when booking through hostels bookers. Had I known I would NOT have collected my groups money in cash to pay upon arrival I would have got each room to book their own separately. We booked through hostel bookers before I have not had this problem, i think it is just this particular hotel!?!?

Also as there were more than 6 of us in total for the whole booking (there were 9 of us made up of couples and friends spread over 4 rooms) we had to pay a deposit of £250 to stay at the hotel. which was not mentioned on the phone by the hotel when I had called earlier. I am aware that some hotels in bournemouth do this, as regular visitors to the area some hotels do ask (especially stag and hen accommodation) but as there was no mention of this on their website or on my email from hostel bookers and its suppose to be a 3 star hotel which I would not expect to require a deposit.

The rooms were ok, clean, but some of the walls seem to be rotting slightly, and I noticed on the door the hotel policies included,

Late check out charge between 11:00-11:30am £10 after 11:30am you get charged a full nights stay.

also any linen damages i.e make up stains is £10 per item.

I would stay here again the price is pretty fair for the rooms, and the hotel reception worker upon check out was really friendly and the night porter was helpful. however I would not book more than one room as the security deposit was steep and unnecessary and its pointless booking through hostel bookers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank June A

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We arrived late at the hotel for the weekend at about 7:00pm. The man on reception was very helpful and cheerful.

The room was lovely, clean. Nice double bed, big wardrobe, ensuite bathroom with a shower and a good tv.

But what the main thing we liked about this was that it was near all the attractions in Bouremouth, 10 minute walk from the pier/beach, amusements etc.

The breakfast was decent. Didn't really have much choice e.g. fried breakfast/cereal's but what do you expect from a cheap weekend in Bournemouth?

Overall, would stay again,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bideford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

A great hotel for a stop over. Very obliging staff, spotless room and good breakfast. Wi Fi is extra, as is parking, but as the hotel was great value it didn't bother us. The hotel is perfectly situated and near to lots of shops.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hayes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Staying at the Croham Hotel was a pleasure. It was a few minutes walk to the beach and pier and there were corner shops just around the corner. The staff at the Croham were very polite and helpful and the breakfast was nice. I can't criticise it in any way, I would reccommend it to everyone and I would definitely return there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Whanganui, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

From arriving at the train station, we were overwhelmed by the helpfulness of everyone we met. Bus driver set us down almost outside the door of the hotel even though there was no bus stop there. Room was good but as in a lot of hotels in the UK, no-where to put more than one suitcase. Bathroom clean, bedroom clean, quiet hotel.
Tea and coffee served at breakfast were atrocious! Tea made in a teapot and put on top of a coffee perc - and left to stew, and stew, and stew. Coffee not much better. Breakfast great though - full English. I ordered poached eggs one day, thinking that that would be what I got - came with full English. Really filling. Staff seemed to be young Eastern Europeans getting work experience.
Walk to beach, pub (Goat & Tricycle), laundromat, post office, restaurants and town very easy from hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We arrived about 1900hrs & was welcomed very warmly by the person on reception.We had a small double room which was spotlessly clean,also the bathroom was perfect.The air conditioning worked very efficiently & the room was soon nice & toasty.We had a very nice cooked breakfast where you could help yourself to different cereals & as much tea or coffee as rq.All in all, this hotel is excellent value for money & we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple