“Was worried”

Ranked #60 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
wrexham
“Was worried”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned today had two nights at the Croham was worried after reading reviews but all was fine very clean and bright hotel breakfast wasn't the best but more than adequate would have no problem with stopping here again

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank paulpwxm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Manchester
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my 2 young children , next time I am passing I will drop them a Hoover off as it's clear they don't own one. Asked about why the bedding hadn't been changed to be told " it's a 3 star hotel sir we only change the bedding once a week " the cups in the room were rinsed out and put back for us to use , the breakfast wasn't cooked my bacon was still squealing . Everything is dated and in need of repair or replacement . Filthy and unprofessional hotel ( bed and breakfast it should be ) do not stay here if you have children .

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Superlaz1980

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My sisters an I booked two nights at this Croham Hotel for leisure, on the arrival we were given a tiny room with one double bed and a single bed with an uncomfortable dip in the middle, we complained about that single bed and we were told at the reception that it is a sofa turned into bed and they do not have any other choice. We asked for a refund and that we can not stay in that room, then they offered us another box room, we accepted to stay there as we had no choice.
the room was not clean and dusty, beds are not comfortable. The bathroom was not clean as well with mould on the walls. The worst thing is that we left our towels in the bath tray for exchange as per their instruction and left in the morning and when we came back in the evening to the hotel, we found the same used towels were put on the heater with the heater turned on in this hot weather. and the linen and the pillow cases were not changed. TV was not working as no battery in the remote control as well. cups are sticky and yellowish. Lift is out of order lol. Very un hygienic place to stay. you have to pay for weak and useless WIFI as well. Staff are not helpful not friendly. DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AND WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN.

Zena

Room Tip: no to room 210 and 306!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I cancelled my booking at the Corham Hotel on Tuesday night for a Thursday booking (online and by email). I explained that we had made a mistake in booking (my wife thought we were taking a ferry from Bournemouth when in fact we were booked from Newhaven) They said they had a 48 hr cancellation policy and took my money, refusing any reasonable accommodation. The other reviews have several similar stories. Hotels like the Corham are the kinds of places that give the British hotel industry such a bad reputation - well deserved in this case.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I wouldn't stay here as part of my seaside holiday, but for one night before an interview the next morning, it was absolutely fine. Hotel is clean and tidy, person behind the desk was helpful, room was small but had everything I needed. Breakfast was very basic indeed but again, if its just for a night then you don't worry so much. The hotel is literally 2 mins from a part of the seafront which is on the top of the cliff and is very calm and beautiful, where you can walk down paths to the beach....lovely. Oh and the rooms have air conditioning units which for me was why I booked the hotel, although in the end I didn't need it.

Room Tip: the hotel is sort of on an approach to a roundabout so feels noisy but after 10pm the roads get very...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

On the 23rd of May 2014 I booked this hotel for 1 night. I then contacted the hotel 3 hours later to say I longer needed the room.They said because of terms and conditions and it being bank holiday week that I had to pay for the room in full even though I know longer needed it. They would do nothing to help or even maybe meet me half way. I am very disappointed in there policy and want to say to other people be very careful when booking with them and also check policies or this could happen to you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed only 1 night on a room only basis and to be fair with the price I paid I certainly have nothing to complain about. When arrived lads on reception were fine chatted couple times during evening. Only shame is no draught beer, but if there no demand for it no point stocking it. Bottled beer prices were cheaper than most hotels I've been to. Room wasn't massive but then I was only there to sleep in it. Was clean and tidy. Will stay again if needed to stop off over in Bournemouth again

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo