“The Worst hotel in bournemouth”
Review of The Croham Hotel

The Croham Hotel
Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The toilet didn't flush properly, the room had damp patches and the door to the bathroom didn't fit so it couldn't be closed properly. Anyone elderly should now the lift doesn't work but bearing in mind the woeful upkeep of the hotel the fact you can't use it is a good thing otherwise there is every chance you'd get stuck. The breakfast was dreadful, some of the staff were absolutely hopeless some of them don't seem to understand basic English and they are meant to serve you!!! Apparently the hotel has had a refurbishment I simply cant believe that is true. You have to pay 3.50 a day for parking but if you take your car out for the day your space isn't guaranteed so you may get back and have no space. The hotel is also expensive 250 for 4 nights it is the worst value hotel I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world.

I would say to anyone thinking of staying at this hotel don't even at 20 pound a night it would be a rip off.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just back from a conference in the Marriott in Bournemouth. Needed a cheep hotel close to that location for 4 nights and to be fair thats what I got (and nothing more). But boy was I happy when I walked out the door for the last time.....secure in the knowledge that I will NEVER return. It is old and smelly and the breakfast is miserable. The carpet had a huge wet patch, which took 3 days to dry!!! But the carpet in the en-suite bathroom was lovely & dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 301 was smelly but quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just returned today had two nights at the Croham was worried after reading reviews but all was fine very clean and bright hotel breakfast wasn't the best but more than adequate would have no problem with stopping here again

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank paulpwxm
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my 2 young children , next time I am passing I will drop them a Hoover off as it's clear they don't own one. Asked about why the bedding hadn't been changed to be told " it's a 3 star hotel sir we only change the bedding once a week " the cups in the room were rinsed out and put back for us to use , the breakfast wasn't cooked my bacon was still squealing . Everything is dated and in need of repair or replacement . Filthy and unprofessional hotel ( bed and breakfast it should be ) do not stay here if you have children .

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Superlaz1980
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My sisters an I booked two nights at this Croham Hotel for leisure, on the arrival we were given a tiny room with one double bed and a single bed with an uncomfortable dip in the middle, we complained about that single bed and we were told at the reception that it is a sofa turned into bed and they do not have any other choice. We asked for a refund and that we can not stay in that room, then they offered us another box room, we accepted to stay there as we had no choice.
the room was not clean and dusty, beds are not comfortable. The bathroom was not clean as well with mould on the walls. The worst thing is that we left our towels in the bath tray for exchange as per their instruction and left in the morning and when we came back in the evening to the hotel, we found the same used towels were put on the heater with the heater turned on in this hot weather. and the linen and the pillow cases were not changed. TV was not working as no battery in the remote control as well. cups are sticky and yellowish. Lift is out of order lol. Very un hygienic place to stay. you have to pay for weak and useless WIFI as well. Staff are not helpful not friendly. DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AND WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN.

Zena

Room Tip: no to room 210 and 306!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I cancelled my booking at the Corham Hotel on Tuesday night for a Thursday booking (online and by email). I explained that we had made a mistake in booking (my wife thought we were taking a ferry from Bournemouth when in fact we were booked from Newhaven) They said they had a 48 hr cancellation policy and took my money, refusing any reasonable accommodation. The other reviews have several similar stories. Hotels like the Corham are the kinds of places that give the British hotel industry such a bad reputation - well deserved in this case.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I wouldn't stay here as part of my seaside holiday, but for one night before an interview the next morning, it was absolutely fine. Hotel is clean and tidy, person behind the desk was helpful, room was small but had everything I needed. Breakfast was very basic indeed but again, if its just for a night then you don't worry so much. The hotel is literally 2 mins from a part of the seafront which is on the top of the cliff and is very calm and beautiful, where you can walk down paths to the beach....lovely. Oh and the rooms have air conditioning units which for me was why I booked the hotel, although in the end I didn't need it.

Room Tip: the hotel is sort of on an approach to a roundabout so feels noisy but after 10pm the roads get very...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business