“Some work to do”

Ranked #60 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
“Some work to do”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Upon arrival I was impressed with the frontage, close to the front and parking. However it was a little disappointing afterwards. The parking whilst not expensive is charged and to my surprise so was WIFI so we didn't bother with that as there are plenty of hotspots around these days. We were in room 108, a good sized ground floor room with an en suite, functional but a little tired and sloppy DIY in the bathroom. Air con was noisy and non of us had a full nights sleep, having said that the beds were comfy (need new pillows though)
Breakfast was ok, albeit a bit limited in offering for a hotel of this size, portions were a little small so ask for lots of toast

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I booked a family room for two nights through Booking.com and the experience was disastrous. We were welcomed by unfriendly/unprofessional/scruffy and rude staff members who did not care about decent customer services whatsoever. We were charged £180 (initially booked at £150) plus hidden charges that staff memebrs advised were part of the 'unavailable' hotel policies and procedures..... We were given a very small and uncomfortable room with a tiny bathroom that to our shock had a very strong urine smell. The bathroom ceiling had black stains that clearly had been there for ages. When I went to put my 4 year old to bed I found black stains on the bottom sheet. I called the receptionist who gave me another sheet and advised that I had to change it myself as he was by himself and had no one to help him. I then started inspecting the pillows and duvet cover only to find that there were dark brown, yellow and blood stains in all of them! I was shocked and disgusted by my findings so I took pictures of them and contacted and send them to Booking.com to hopefully stop people staying there. I called the receptionist who advised that he could do nothing to help me as his 'bosses' were not around for a few days. Breakfast was a horrible experience as they had very little choice and had also run out of almost everything. The dinning chairs were so bad that a few guests were seen trying to put them together to avoid falling! We managed to cancel one of the nights and go to another hotel in Bourntemouth but it took me a few hours as the receptionist could do nothing until they were authorised by their absent bosses. Overall a terrible experience that left us very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Javiera M

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Hopefully my title will tell you that I did not enjoy my stay at this hotel! Upon arrival the car park was full however they had a few more spaces rond the side however if you own a car bigger than a Fiat punto you may struggle to get in their parking spaces. The reception welcome was something out of faulty towers, no customer service, no lift access, they charge for wifi (joke) they had no ice in the bar, the rooms were small and cramped and the bathroom was even worse. They provide no toiletries and my hair dryer was covered in red paint. They do NOT want you to get makeup or fake tan on their towels or bed sheets I guess this is the reason why I had a plastic bed sheet which was horrible!
The breakfast was not pleasant it was either full English to nothing which is not very accommodating but then again it too ages to actually get any service, the breakfast staff were not very attentive.

When checking out I was shocked to see that they charged for parking so not only did I pay over £100 for the room parking and wifi on top was a bit of a joke! I was never asked how my stay but I did tell the man on the desk that it was horrible and I got no response which was a shame.

One positive it was a great location, however there are lots and lots of other hotels to choose from so do yourself a favour and avoid 'The Croham'

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank jumping55
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Where to begin, I read this hotel was wheelchair accessible. Which is why I booked it. I booked 4weeks in advance stating I needed. Access and a bath. They never got incontact (only the day before to take the full amount out of my account) when I asked if my request have been met the rude man on the phone told me I would have to get my disabled daughter up 6 stairs into the building (there was 8) and if I was to cancel it would be £140. also when we arrived the room we was given the door way was so narrow we couldn't take her wheelchair inside and the room had a shower. We got moved to the room next door, but we still couldn't get her wheelchaor inside. Also the room was cramped with four beds in.. I asked for 2 and a cot.
The parking was awful we got charged extra as we have a bigger car due to wheelchair.. Which I thought was a joke as it's still classes at a car.. But we could never get a parking space at the front which meant my and my other half would have to carry out daughter from the back car park up stairs into a cramped room with no hot water, which wasn't fixed when requested.
The breakfast was awful, came out cold and over cooked. I spoke to other guest who stayed things where broken. And the top floor guest had a huge leak during their stay.

We got charged £340 for 2 nights stay which it's shocking of what we received and how much hassle the hotel had put on us.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Georgina F
Dartford
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Never stay in this hotel it is the worst experience ever you pay for parking and wifi I've never seen a hotel that charges for WiFi in my life the parking spaces are so small yet they charge. Its the worst hotel in Bournemouth.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Mopeoluwa
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently, and after reading the reviews we were pleasantly surprised. The room had been recently decorated, and although quite small was all we needed for a one night stopover. It was clean, quiet and had everything else you could want-tea/coffee making facilities, new LCD TV etc.
It was also a short and pleasant walk to the beach and the centre of Bournemouth.
I had paid for breakfast, but due to quite a heavy night out the previous evening we never made it in time!
For the price you couldn't go wrong, and would definitely stay here again, so recommended.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bath_Rich
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Small cramped car park which is charged for. Bedroom was a large family room with plenty of room. Basic facilities but ok for a night. Room on top floor though and lift not working. Bathroom cramped. Our daughter went in when we got there to go to the loo, lifted the loo lid and there was a huge number two in there! Not one of ours either! That was just shocking. Are the rooms not cleaned and checked properly??? No room for legs and knees in front of loo as bath there - had to sit sideways. Breakfast time a bit odd. Very basic offerings but would suffice for one day. Hardly any choice of anything, and staff rushed off their feet. One waitress looked very unhappy and not enjoying her work!! Handy for beach and shops. Very overpriced for what you get. Wouldn't go again as many other better hotels around and that would offer better value for money, and no one else's poo in the loo!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family