“Never again,horrible!!!”

Ranked #124 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
west coast of Wales
“Never again,horrible!!!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Basically the only good thing was the location !! I had a single room in the old hotel on the ground floor(no2). Bizarrely there was a floor safe outside my room. Which a group of guests tried to move at 4am !!! At first I thought it was great as, big single bed with spotless linen and the ensuite was new and spacious ........

........ ...BUT the end head of the bed was the other side of the very thin wall of the 'public' toilet next door. It was used all night by guests and I guess the staff. I could hear everything yuck ! it got worse as all through the Sat night ,the other guests returned to the hotel and as the room was 'in the hallway' it was SO noisy. I had to go out twice the first night to ask people to be quiet, 1st at 2am then 4am. The receptionist didn't seem to care at all. So on 2nd night I got some earplugs but with groups of guests congregating in the hallway, talking,swearing and continuously using the toilet , it made no difference. I went out to ask them to be quiet at 4am and all I got was verbal abuse. I had to leave early on my last morning and as no staff on duty I couldn't register my complaint but I will write to them. Breakfast NOT as described, no order was taken as it was all buffet style and all the food was luke warm. The tea came in large teapots and by the time I got some it was stewed. The staff in the breakfast room weren't helpful at all.
Never ever again,rubbish for the price

Room Tip: don't bother to book at all !!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tanyg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hook, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Bournemouth was very busy this weekend and I didn't do my rigorous checks before booking this hotel
What a huge mistake
From the moment you go through the front door you realise that this place is awful. The only good thing I can say was that the bedding was clean
These people had taken my money several days before we stayed and the reason for that is most people given a choice would not pay for this rubbish.
we left before we were subjected to breakfast but having seen the kitchens the night before that was definitely the right thing to do. I don't have enough words to describe how bad this place was.
Even when we got to bed we were woken up by the large number of people on stag and hen parties arriving back to the hotel when the clubs shut. So this meant a steady stream of people shouting and screaming around the corridors from 2.30 until 4 O'clock .
If you are in the bad position of having only this hotel to choose from then cancel your trip or go somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Freddyqaz

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The bar was ok. Only because there was no one there! Apart from that. The breakfast wasn't properly cooked. The bacon was pink & not even half cooked! The fried eggs were 'gungy'. Free advice for the 'cook', take lessons. No wifi on the floor I was staying on. Room 26. Had to go to the lobby to get online. The shower plug hole was blocked. So I was standing in 2 inches of water. The window in the room wouldn't open. So basically, it was a crap stay. Wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Steve1073
Drighlington, Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Booked here very last minute. Checked out the pics from laterooms and it looked awesome. After arrival I was welcomed by a smiling face and was pointed towards my room. As soon as I got in to the room, I wondered why I booked this place. The door was loose with the lock, very narrow room and to top it off, I found a jelly baby on the floor! I thought "what the hell, can it get worse?".

Came back after seeing my friends for a meal and drinks. Not only was the place swarming with students but very loud students! A few of them were leaving for the airport at 1am but instead of carrying their suitcases down the stairs, they were dragging them down the stairs making a very loud banging noise. There was a night porter available but he didnt do anything about this. Also I had to push the single beds together as they were leaning to the side!

Shortly after this happened, all the power to the hotel had been lost. After several attempts of management turning the trip switch back on, power was restored apart from the sockets! Wasnt able to carry on watching TV or make myself a cup of tea in the morning.

Ive stayed in hostels in Brighton and Cornwall that have topped this hotel, tenfold.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank J0hn8675309
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This hotel cancelled our booking the night before our reservation and then charged us a 49pound fee - for which was not explained. Upon repeated requests to refund our money they have ignored us. Be wary of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KylieDuck
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

You definitely get what you pay for in this place.

The double bed was two singles pushed together, which is fine were it not for the fact that these had DIFFERENT mattresses, making for an uneven sleeping surface and an uncomfortable night.

The bathroom had been done up, but the shower took an age to heat up.

Breakfast was fine but there was a disconnect between the times searved and when we went down there, albeit we were mid week in the low season.

Reception was always closed, but the guys were always on hand on the phone which is great service. The hairdryer was sticky!

The unlimited free WiFi was the only unconditional blessing!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank ChrisOB
southampton
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Got this for £30 for a double room on a Saturday night so thought this was an absolute bargain.
Should have listened to the old saying " you get what you pay for!"
Room was very tiny, top of wardrobe was covered in dust and the door was slanting down and not closing properly. Electric sockets were hanging out of the wall and the shelf where the tea and coffee facilities were was held on with a crooked bracket which made it look very unsafe. The main light didn't work.
The bed was comfy and clean which is probably the only good comment I can make. We didn't sleep well though as there was alot of noise from other guests which went on until 3.30 in the morning.
After a bad nights sleep we found that there was no hot water to have a shower. When I told them at reception all I got was a quick "sorry about that".
Breakfast was awful, first time I have stayed anywhere and been served a crust of bread with my breakfast. The sausages were awful, which we could tell as soon as we walked in as everyone had left them on their plates. I gave them a go but they tasted cheap and nasty. This probably sums up the whole hotel. Not somewhere I would ever recommend.
Sorry Glendevon but you need to sort out these problems.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank reviewitSouthampton
Glendevon H, Manager at Glendevon Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
First of all we do apologize for what you have experienced in our hotel.

Feedback both positive and negative is greatly appreciated as it helps us to improve our service and product.

We only wish you had said something at the time so that we could have done something about that main light problem.

Bournemouth is very busy with young people out to enjoy at weekends - and the hotel clientele for pretty much all hotels reflects that. We offer both of you to visit us AGAIN during weekdays & we make sure that your point of view for our hotel going to be CHANGED.

For hot water, you have to run hot water in wash basin & also in shower for couple of minutes. To solve this problem we are going to put this direction on notice board.

We were sorry to read of your disappointing breakfast experience in regards to the product. We are going to start BUFFET so there is no problem with crust of bread. You can choose what you like.