“Splendid stay!!”
Review of Glendevon Hotel

Glendevon Hotel
Ranked #122 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I arrived at the Glendevon hotel and was greeted with a warm and happy welcome from the staff.I was shown my room which was a delight! The bed was amazingly soft and a pleasure to sleep in and the room was clean and a very nice place to be in. The breakfast and wifi was free which was a real help and to add on bonus the breakfast was great.On my departure the staff said a nice goodbye. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a good room and a good location

• Stayed: December 2013
Glendevon H, General Manager at Glendevon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hotel is great and cheap.The location of hotel is really nice such a wonderful atmosphere i really liked it.The room size was nice actually was comfortable. it was neat and proper furnished and the bathroom was very clean all things were perfect.The morning breakfast we enjoyed it was cereals,juice etc... the staffs service was quick and good. we really enjoyed.

Room Tip: to improve the wifi
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Glendevon H, Manager at Glendevon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We booked this through Trivago as we wanted a cheap getaway. Arrived in the evening for a 2 night weekend stay. Staff quickly booked us in and the room we had was basic, dated pine furniture and could have done with a lick of paint. The double was two singles pushed together.

However the room was clean and warm with sufficient tea and coffee on tap, a good size double room that you could walk around the bed. Bathroom looked like it had a recent refurb and was clean and had a good sized shower cubicle and the shower was lovely.

Full english breakfast (rather small) but also a good selection of cereals and juices.

All in all we enjoyed our stay, at the price we paid we were pleasantly surprised as the hotel is ideally situated for both the town and beach and looking around is probably one of the cheapest in the area

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Glendevon H, General Manager at Glendevon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments and hope you enjoyed your stay with us.
I apologise for the furniture. Refurbishment is under process.
We hope to see you all again in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

great cheap hotel with helpfull staff, situated in the center ... all I need for my 3-nights business trip to bournemouth ... wifi signal in 2nd floor in rooms is not strong enough - this should be improved

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Glendevon H, Manager at Glendevon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear arecuk
Thank you for taking the time to write and post a review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We do apologies for wifi and we will fix that problem.
Big thank you again and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

It's the second time we stayed at this hotel the first room was big but very dated furniture ask if we could have a room at the front of the hotel and that was not a problem they changed us straight away and it was a much better room they r refurbishing at the moment so can't wait to go bk next year had a lovely eat all you like continental breakfast and a full English that you dish up what you want to eat it was all hot and tasty x Amanda

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post such a great review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. At the moment hotel is under refurbishment but it need some time. Hope next time you find couple of changes...we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The worst place I have ever stayed. If I hadn't paid booking. Com. In advance I would have walked out.first night couldn't get back in after going out for a meal,because I wasn't given a key. First morning no bacon for English breakfast. Asked for coffee got tea. 2nd night room was freezing, had to ask for a heater.wardrobe falling to bits, no bottom in the draw. Toilet leaked on floor every time it was flushed. No hot water for shower. Moved room, only slightly better. The room was never serviced. Left a day early couldn't stand any more. Don't stay at the adjoining hotel, it is owned by the same people. Just a hole knocked through, leaving a streach of concrete between the different carpets. it is called The Maemar Hotel. Desperately needs a visit from the hotel inspector, or closing down.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank waynedonnell
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I came to Bournemouth with my partner and a couple of friends at very short notice on a night when Jessie J was playing at the BIC. We booked this hotel at very short notice and were pleased to find it so cheap. After booking I checked Trip Advisor to see what people were saying and find many of the comments to be most unfair.

Many of the reviewers have pointed out that 'you get what you pay for' - indeed so, which makes me question what they expected for the tariff here - the Ritz?!

The staff were polite and helpful, the rooms, whilst slightly tired, were warm and comfortable and I found the whole experience to be perfectly adequate for the price we paid!

Yes, if I chose to, I could complain about the dated decor, the low water pressure in the shower and the size of the room but I don't feel the need - we got exactly what we paid for, which was a comfortable bed in a warm, secure building, close to Bournemouth town centre and breakfast in the morning! The Hotel has more character than one of the large chains and I would happily stay here again - thank you to the staff!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends