“Definitely be going back”
Review of Glendevon Hotel

Glendevon Hotel
Ranked #124 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Definitely be going back”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very nice hotel,near all the shops and beach. Staff are very helpful, and gave assistance whenever and wherever it was needed. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Delicious breakfast. Would recommend for a short break or a family holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonas T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, with beautiful views and in a great location. One of the nicest rooms I've had the pleasure of staying in Glendevon.

A really top place to stay with great rooms. Staff were friendly & helpful. Here bar was very pleasant.

Really recommended as the place to stay on a visit to Bournemouth.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank jacq123ueline
London
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Nice clean and warm rooms, this is very comfortable hotel all staff are very polite and nice. We will come here again . Thanks for Mandy and john.close to the all shopping . Beach 5 min walk. Breakfast was fantastic. Bar was open till mid night.

• Stayed April 2014
Southampton
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel was one of the few that offered three beds in the same room. This was perfect for our hen party weekend :) The beds were clean, the bathroom better than I expected and the room perfect for our needs. The hotel kindly provided extra towels which we needed for our long hair!
The breakfast was good, I was especially pleased that they made the eggs fresh and kept bringing them out instead of leaving them to congeal as many places do. All in all a perfectly nice hotel that suited our needs.

Room Tip: Good if you need more than double occupancy, they offer rooms with triple and quad beds as well.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't have even written this review if it weren't for the Glendevon hotel sending me a request to for their website.... after they cancelled my booking less than 48 hours before our stay! We had a family function at the hotel across the road and booked this as the other hotel had fully booked. Less than 2 days before our stay they called to tell me they were having work done on a number of rooms so could no longer accommodate us. This seemed a little odd as surely any hotel having work done on rooms a) knows in advance b) world start work on a Monday so they wouldn't lose business at the weekend! They did offer to book another in their defence but to do this I needed to give my credit card details (already submitted) over the phone to a stranger to book a room I could go online and do myself. I did manage to book another room even though this is extremely difficult in Bournemouth for a Saturday night so all was not lost. I had to pass the Glendevon on the way to our function and noticed the hotel looked fully functional, people in reception and other Windows and most of the front facing bedroom lights were on! It seemed clear that they had overbooked and instead of just saying so, palmed me off with an excuse. As I said, would never if left a review as I didn't stay but they sent me a review request so here it is. Moral of the story is by all means book a room, it may be a lovely little hotel..... but you may find yourself scrabbling round trying to book another room last minute!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

hotal was very nice quite and cheap
thanks for helping me i feel happy when i stayed there all people are kind and helpful .
in addition quite place for students they can study in the same time there a lot of entertainment in the hotel .
what is more ,clean and refresh air ,it was comfortable place .
finally i want to thanks the people who work in the resection because they help me for study and some time support me to how to study .
thank a lot for help .
fathi

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank fwkfwk
Glendevon H, General Manager at Glendevon Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Fathi, Many thanks for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back again soon.
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I arrived at the Glendevon hotel and was greeted with a warm and happy welcome from the staff.I was shown my room which was a delight! The bed was amazingly soft and a pleasure to sleep in and the room was clean and a very nice place to be in. The breakfast and wifi was free which was a real help and to add on bonus the breakfast was great.On my departure the staff said a nice goodbye. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a good room and a good location

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back again soon.