“Surf Steps”
Review of Surf Steps

Surf Steps
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: How to describe it? I’m not sure, and even if I could, I wouldn’t do it justice. When you stand up on your first wave it is the uncontrollable, throw your hands in the air and scream feeling, if only for a few seconds!! Once you can ride a wave, it is the undeniable urge to go back for more, and when you are on the beach and the sun is shining it is enormous fun!! Learn to surf...the only way you can really understand what all the fuss is about is to get some gear and get wet!! That’s where we can help.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great fun, thoroughly enjoyed the experience, I keep going back, the staff are all very helpful and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

"half term"
"fantastic experience"
"my birthday"

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We booked in for a beginners lesson - and luckily enough to have the chance to try paddle boarding and surfing. It was just my husband & I with Tom the instructor and it was just as brilliant as we were hoping. Tom was great - encouraging, supportive & really put us at ease. We were worried about being cold in the sea as it was just after the Easter hols but the wetsuits were great - so very happy to throw ourselves in the sea while trying to balance on the board. Has made us want to return for more!!

SurfSteps, Manager at Surf Steps, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi,

So glad to hear you enjoyed the session and we'd love to see you back here again soon!

All the best,

Tom

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We booked for a beginner session for three of us in December, had awesome time and the instruction was great.

The session was broken up into chunks, starting with being taught how to catch and ride a wave lying down on the board and then about an hours worth of practice, followed by further land based instruction on how to stand up on the board and practicing for the rest of the session.

This Teach-Practice-Teach-Practice structure meant we weren't inundated with information at the beginning and daunted by the thought of having to do it all at once. This made for an easy going session where we could enjoy every aspect.

I will definitely be back.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
SurfSteps, Manager at Surf Steps, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi,

I'm very happy to here that you enjoyed your session and liked our teaching methods.
We look forward to seeing you back down here soon.

All the best,

Tom

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I found out a couple of months ago about a project run by Surf Steps for children and teens with mental health problems: The Wave Project. It's a six week course run by both professionals and volunteers. The transport, equipment and the whole course are absolutely free. My last session is in two days and I've enjoyed it immensely! You get lots of help and support whether your a beginner or a pro. I'd definitely pay to do another course in the Summer.

Kiwiandyj, Owner at Surf Steps, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Hi!
Thanks you so much for the feedback and us here at Surf Steps feel proud that we helped you enjoy your experience. Hope you keep Surfing and just let us know if there's anything we can do to help you carry on:-)
Andy