“Excellent fun! If they can teach us they must be good!”
Review of Surf Steps

Surf Steps
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: How to describe it? I’m not sure, and even if I could, I wouldn’t do it justice. When you stand up on your first wave it is the uncontrollable, throw your hands in the air and scream feeling, if only for a few seconds!! Once you can ride a wave, it is the undeniable urge to go back for more, and when you are on the beach and the sun is shining it is enormous fun!! Learn to surf...the only way you can really understand what all the fuss is about is to get some gear and get wet!! That’s where we can help.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent fun! If they can teach us they must be good!”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We had a beginners lesson with Bournemouth surf school and it was excellent. The tuition was easy to follow and short enough to not get boring. The tutor was friendly and knowledgeable and focused on exactly what we needed to know... ie safety and technique.
We both sort of got up on the board after only 2 hours and had a brilliant time.

Recommended!

1 Thank schmores

Bournemouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent instructors, facilities and experience”
Reviewed 19 September 2009

We booked my daughter a course of lessons with Bournemouth surf school over the summer and she has had such a fantastic time she has now joined the surf juniors club they run during term time.

The instructors are very knowledgeable and patient and are so keen to get you surfing it encourages you even more.

The school provide all the equipment needed and have heated changing facilities on site as well as toilets. The prices are very good for the length of the lesson and the instruction received.

We would recommend going every other day not every day as our daughter got very tired after 2 hours in the water. We know this school hire boards as well but feel the tuition is so good we have kept with lessons to help her pop up quickly!

We would give it 9/10 as a great all round surf school

1 Thank divadee007
Southampton
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 14 July 2007

I had a lesson with Bournemouth surf school last month and had a really amazing time. It was so much fun, and I really suprised myself by standing up, even if it was for just a few seconds!! Go and have a go, I'd certainly recommend it.