Hi we booked a two night stay at this hotel last weekend. It was cheap and this was reflected in the quality of various things.
1. The breakfast buffet was a joke, assorted cereals and prunes and grapefruit. No sign of the yogurts or anything else. Fruit juice was the worst ever, straight out of a carton with a bit added from the tap.
2. The full english comprised of one egg(Cant go wrong with an egg really). one very undercooked hash brown, a single rash of bacon, eight baked beans and what was supposed to be a cumberland sausage( Think 90%was connective tissue and ten % sawdust), Seriously the worst breakfast Ive ever been served.Oh and cold toast.
3. Ever tried watching the six nations rugby on a 16'' old TV. forget it. Even in the TV lounge the TV was only 27''.
4 No complimentary toiletries, I mean in this day and age of rising hotel standards, why no complimentary tioletries. A good job Bournemouth has a wilkinsons.
5. The noise from loose floorboards from adjacent rooms was unbearable, both nights we hardly slept due the comings and goings of people and creaking floorboards.
6. The cost of drinks at the bar. £3.30 for a pint of rapidly poured Wortingtons. Note to the management: Please get your grumpy bar staff trained on how to pour the perfect pint. I wouldnt grumble so much if that £3.30 went towards a decent pint.
7. I twice had to ask for a clean cup for tea in the morning at breakfast, as the ones on the table were dirty, one with ladies lipstick on from the day before. Note to managment: Please buy your dishwasher a new brush. (Wilkinsons in bournemouth 99P).
8. Finally, what I always judge a good hotel on, you guessed its the quality of the loo rolls. Wafer thin one hard ply loo roll. I mean what does a decent two ply roll cost these days.Note to management: Shop in Wilkinsons, just round the corner, give your customers some little thing to smile about.
On the plus side, yes there is one, the hotel was very clean and well presented. Car parking on site cost £5.00 per day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic hotel is located on the East Cliff and is just a few minutes' walk from the seven miles of glorious golden sand that is Bournemouth beach. The bay offers beautiful vistas and on a clear day you can easily see the Needles on the Isle of Wight and Old Harry’s Rocks over in the Purbecks. The hotel is just a short walk to the shops and variety of seaside attractions and is set in a great location for you to explore the surrounding area. Dinner can be enjoyed in the comfortable restaurant and guests can also benefit from a snooker room, outside terrace and swimming pool. With a contemporary ballroom and bar, lively entertainment is provided most evenings including music for dancing, visiting cabaret, quizzes and bingo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.