“Royal Treatment at The Bay Majestic Bournemouth.”

Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel
Ranked #35 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Blackpool
“Royal Treatment at The Bay Majestic Bournemouth.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just returned from a Shearings 5 day break at this hotel.
What a lovely friendly place to stay.
From the moment we arrived to the banter we had on leaving the hotel staff were so helpful.The food was really excellent.Not just for a package holiday, but by any standard.
There was ample choice at breakfast and dinner and the food was nicely presented and piping hot.Our waitress Paula Arias was super efficient and caring.On her night off one of the bedroom staff, a young man called Gonzalo deputised excellently.
Our room,no.204 on the 2nd floor was bright and spotlessly clean.It overlooked the outside swimming pool and a tree lined boulevard and was nice and quiet through the night.
The room was a twin bedded room and the only minor down side to the whole Majestic experience was the not very comfortable beds.They were rather well used///.But that is griping just for the sake of it.
This hotel is great.The evening entertainment was good without being spectacular.
The bus stop witha frequent bus service to Bournemouth is only 2 minutes walk from the hotel.
If you are going to Bournemouth and want a decent hotel look no further.
We look forward to going back for a longer stay.Well done Shearings and ALL the staff at the Majestic.It was a pleasure to stay with you.

Room Tip: Room 204 overlooking the swimming pool suited us just fine.
2 Thank Robert C
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Hi Robert C
Fantastic thanks for your great comments I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure I pass your comments on to the Paula and the rest of the staff. Thanks for letting me know about the beds and I can now confirm room 204 has brand new beds. Give us a call next time you want to visit and we can see if room 204 is free for you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2013

With a good sized room and nice clean bedding even the tea coffee tray was nicely presented. Such a pity that the cleaning staff do not appear to have been trained properly and that they are obviously not supervised, skirting boards and any ledges appear to be ignored the outside surround of the shower was disgusting. The shower support rail was loose and if the shower had been cleaned this would have been noticed and should have been reported by the staff . Even more surprising was the dirt in a number of public areas, especially the ground floor public toilet by the quiet room. I thought that it was a new pattern on the tiles but it was the grease and dirt that was adhering to them there was also dirt hanging from the ceiling, this is not something that happens in just a few days.
Now I have to say that the food selection , presentation and quality was very good. The entertainment was also very good and appreciated as could be seen by the number of people who stayed till the end of the shows. This was a great holiday but the staff have to get on top of the problems.

Room Tip: The second floor is not to high to climb the stairs to which you really have to do as the lift is ti...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Frances T
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
Hi Frances T
Thanks for your comments I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will take a look at the points you have raised and make sure things are put right immediately. I am glad to see you didn’t let this spoil your holiday and we hope to see you again soon.
LIVERPOOL
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The whole Shearings experience was very good. This was our first time with them. They seem to have the formula just right.
The hotel was fine. Good food, good waiters, good staff in general, entertainment was also good (maybe too much bingo, but that is just me), the trips were also great. Our room had a varanda (209) which would be great in the summer.

The only down side was the bathroom. No shower and a flaking bath. We did get one of those plastic thing off reception but we were in danger of flooding the room everytime we used it.

Would I go back? yes but would request a shower

Room Tip: Request a room with a shower
Hi JAYELL3
Thanks for your comments I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. As for the bathroom we are upgrading them all the time and room 209 will be getting a new bathroom with a shower over a bath in the first week in June. I hope we will see you again some time and if it’s after June give me a call and I will see if I can get you 209 again.
neston,wirral,england
Reviewed 23 April 2013

If you check my reviews you will find that I have never rated a Shearings hotel lower than 4*.

As usual with Shearings you get excellent value for money & you take in to account that the rooms will be average, will have mold in the shower & by the windows & the food will be the same as last time.

I will say why I give only 3*. On going to our room (322) the bathroom didn't have a shower,( I need one as due to an injury I can only shower) I went to reception & requested a change of room, if possible, & was told no more rooms available & we were given a plastic tap shower hose. We know there was at least one room available as there was a leaflet in the door jam & it was still there the next day & yes, we did find out that the room had a shower.
Another problem with this room is that at 5am the vent on the roof above the room starts, although it stops again at about 7am, as a light sleeper I was woken each morning at 5 am. At 6am I asked to change rooms again & was asked to ask again later, I asked 3 times & was told that no rooms available although the leaflet was still in the door of the above mentioned room, I queried this with the receptionist & was told that the room was booked for later in the day, which turned out correct.
The cleanliness of the room was not up to the usual Shearings standard, I have noted Tracey says extra training has been given, so please go and look at the soil pipes of the toilet & sink, go and look inside the wardrobe it looks dreadful.

I have made my point & would have given 5* only for the above.

The food was the usual & we enjoyed every meal. The breakfast was the best of any Shearings, our waitress Loran was wonderful.
The entertainment was better than norm.,with Tony Rudd being in the top 3 acts of 12 Shearing breaks, also Neil Scott was a v.good singer especially the Les Miserables songs.

In summary we still had a fabulous time & put down the problem I had as just one of those things

3 Thank Cliff C
Hi nestonlad
I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your comments about your room. I will certainly look in to the issues you have raised and ensure changes are made. As for the shower we only have a limited number of rooms with showers so if you need one its always best to give us a call and we can make sure your needs are met on your arrival. We are upgrading rooms and as we do we are installing showers all the time. I hope we will see you again sometime and hope next time you will be able to give us 5*
Basildon
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Just back a couple of days ago from a Shearings holiday to the Majestic Hotel in Bournemouth. Very nice looking hotel from the outside and the foyer is really very nice. It has an outdoor swimming pool and a good area for sitting around the pool. All the public rooms were up to a good standard. Lots of windows creating a nice light and airy feeling. The dining room was very good, we had a table for two alongside the window. Actually the windows were along the whole wall. Anyway it was a lovely place to sit and eat. The food was delicious and there was always a good choice. Some of the waiting staff need to improve their English, but then I can't speak Eastern European! Our bedroom was large with a double bed and a single bed and still lots of room to move around. The net curtain was in a terrible state, and around the edges of all the furniture the dust was really thick. There was also two large black mouldy stains on the ceiling. The bathroom was really quite bad. The shower was made for midgets and there was no curtain or blind at the window. It had that paper stuff that is stuck on, but at night it still felt as though we were doing a shadow show for people across the way. The window woodwork was black with mould and I really don't think that any attempt had been made to clean it for a very long while.Also there was no where to hang towels. When my husband asked for some sort of airer to hang them on he was told to put them on the floor! Having said all that, the bed linen was lovely and white and the bed was very comfortable. Amanda Jayne and Neil Scott were fantastic for the entertainment. There was one other, but most of us were not impressed with his jokes. Maybe not the right sort of audience for his humour.

Room Tip: Our room was 315. Excellent size, but shower really tiny and the water pressure made it very difficu...
2 Thank Carole C
Hi Carole C
Thanks for your review I am pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for mentioning your room number I will certainly make sure we address the issues you raised in that room and can only apologize for the comments you received. I hope we will see you again sometime, feel free to give me a call before you come if you would like to chat about anything.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just returned from a great weekend with friends and partner at this hotel. The hotel is clean, the staff generally friendly and attentive and the food was well above average for a budget hotel. The location is good too with good transport links into Bournemouth. Alternatively, if you feel fit, you could walk - not too far. I would definitely recommend this Shearings hotel!

Room Tip: Some rooms (301 in particular) have very squeaky floorboards - try and avoid! Also, some rooms tend...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Hi awesome_oracle
Thanks for your great review I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our 1st class bus service here in Bournemouth. We hope to see you again soon.
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We have just got back from a week away staying at the majestic. What a great place to stay, our room was very clean, the bathroom was great one of the best l have seen in a hotel with shearings. The entertainment that we went to was very good something for everyone, food was good. We would go back today if we could.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mygems
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Hi mygems
Fantastic give us a call when you want to come again not only can you book directly with us but this has the advantage of you being able to give us your special requests directly and If you liked the room you were in last time just tell us and we will try and allocate you the same room again.