“Birthday week end break”

Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel
Ranked #36 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Good weekend Saturday night paticulary good entertainment food. Good waiter/s very efficient and attentive we were
Lucky with the weather and thought very good value for money. Hotel much better than expected for the price we had paid and would definetley recommend it o

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maureen D
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Hi Maureen D
Fantastic thanks for your great review, I am pleased to see we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your birthday weekend with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Just got back last night from a five day break I took my mum and we both had a lovely time. I can not fault anything about the hotel. Food was excellent with ample portions and lots of choice and was always piping hot, our waiter was called Alex and he was very friendly and always smiling [ well done Alex] Rooms very clean and bright we stayed in room 123 lovely and warm and plenty of hot water.. I was very impressed with the Manager on our first night we was having a cig outside the front entrance and he made a point of coming up to us and telling us about the enclosed heated area at the side of the hotel and he too was always friendly and smiling. We didn't see the entertainment as my mum is elderly and was tired after a full day. The trips were fab and our driver was excellent. I really cant believe how Shearings can do these breaks so cheap. Where could you get 4 nights in a fab hotel fab food all your travel and included excursions for £135.00 each oh and 4 free drinks each per day. Well done to all the staff and the Manager for running such a brilliant team. Lorraine Johnson Brighton.

Room Tip: Room 123 was great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lorraine J
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Hi Lorraine J
I am touched that is probably the nicest review I have ever read thank you very much. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us. My maintenance man and I built the smoking shelter and I am glad to see people using and enjoying it with its views over the swimming pool. I will pass on your lovely comments to Alex and the rest of my team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a 5 day self-drive at the Majestic and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.Our room was 210 and could not be faulted in any way,probably the best room we have ever stayed in.The meals were very nice,and I must mention our waitress who was extremely efficient and the FASTEST server in the west.She was the blonde girl from Latvia who was leaving on Friday to return home.As previously stated,Amanda Jane was a very good singer and entertainer with an engaging personality and I must also mention Neil too,he was very good as well.As a keen snooker player I was pleasantly surprised to see the hotel had one.All in all a very pleasant few days.Peter M and Maureen

Room Tip: Ask for 210,its been refurbished.
2  Thank Peter M

Hi Peter M
Fantastic what a lovely review I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I will of course pass on your comments to everyone. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

very good entertainment ( amanda ) in a great function room helped by 4 drink vouchers per day. enjoyed trips out by coach lawrence our driver very good .walked to bournemouth & boscombe piers . enjoyed the meals

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jenny y
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Hi jenny y
Thanks for your review I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us, I will pass your comments on to Amanda, Lawrence and the rest of my team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Have done a number of Shearings breaks including Straphpeffer in Scotland, Isle of Wight, Eastbourne, Paignton, St. Ives and Ilfracombe (3 times) and have to say that the Majestic Bournemouth is the best so far. Can't really fault it at the price. Staff were friendly and efficient, food was very acceptable and slightly above average (for Shearings). The hotel itself was comfortable with spacious lounge/bar areas. The bedroom was clean and perfectly adequate, the only annoyance was the constant ticking of a retro clock radio!
All in all a very pleasant and enjoyable break.

Hi activexp
Brilliant thanks for another great review. We are honoured you feel we are so good it’s lovely when people tell us we are getting it right. I will pass your comments on to the rest of my team. As for the annoying radio we are slowly replacing them with flat screen TV’s, next time just let me know if you have one in your room and I will get it removed. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We have just returned home from the most fantastic weekend here again!!!! this is the fourth time we have stayed and have always enjoyed it, when I book I request the room I would like and they always oblige, very pleasant and friendly staff, good food and great entertainment. This hotel is excellent value for money. Also it's being refurbished and looking good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, We look forward to our next visit. Thank you to everyone working at this hotel

1  Thank Truthfulpeeps

Hi Truthfulpeeps
Fantastic thanks for your great comments its lovely to get reviews from so many regular customers its very reassuring that were getting it right. We will all endeavour to keep it up to ensure things get better and better. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Having enjoyed previous visits to The Majestic we booked again. More refurbishments have taken place and our room, although a little on the small side, was recently decorated and the bathroom (very small but useable) was in good order. We were on the top floor and so had to use the lift but found that we only had to wait a short while - it only takes two people so sometimes there is a queue to use it. Food was good and portions ample, service was quick although our waitress didn't smile much but she was efficient. We did not go on the arranged outings although part of a coach group as it is so easy to pop on a bus (the stops are very near the hotel) to Salisbury, Christchurch, Poole, Bournemouth etc. and we prefer to be independent. The entertainment was very good - Amanda Jayne as always was a delight and got everyone involved. We also had drinks vouchers which made the holiday even better value. Another enjoyable trip to the Majestic - we will be back again.

Hi Seasidedancer
Lovely thanks for your great comments I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our 1st class bus service. I will pass your comments on to Amanda and the rest of the team. We all hope to see you again soon.