“Twixmas 2013”

Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel
Ranked #37 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were supposed to have gone to the Isle of White but the ferry had stopped and the island was flooded so we ended up at Bay Majestic. What a good choice as we had a splendid 4day 3 nights from 27th Dec - 30th Dec ... The entertainment on all three nights were excellent, the staff all very friendly and the meals were excellent too .... a great snooker table and lots of places to sit and relax. The only thing that was a bit of a let down was the bathrooms they were tired and needed updating .... but it didn't stop the enjoyment of our stay. The bedroom was adequate and we had comfortable nights sleep. So all in all a good time we had. A short distance from the town and sea. W e would use this Hotel again if we were in Bournmouth! Thanks Majestic for an enjoyable Twixmas Break!

Room Tip: A trip to Salisbury and the Cathedral is a must some great architecture to view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank David E
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Hi David E
Fantastic thanks for your lovely review I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took time to explore the surrounding area. I will pass your comments to Amanda and the rest of the staff. As for the bathroom we are slowly upgrading them and adding showers i am hoping to get this finished this year if we can so for now if you come again give us a call and we can sort a shower for you next time you come. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Hotel was nice but the bathrooms could do with updating, considering the age of the people staying there having to use a shower attachment on the taps of a deep bath is a bit outdated. The cleanleness of the rooms could of been a bit better, the cleaner doesnt know how to clean behind the door in the bathroom or around the bottom of the toilet.
The food was excellent and the waitress was very pleasant although she was rushing around alot.
The driver of our coach 'Terry' was very good had a pleasant journey down and back his driving was excellant.
Considering this wasnt the hotel we were supposed to of being staying at (should of been in the Isle of White at the Royale Esplanade) I think reading the reviews on here we got the better deal.

Room Tip: If you are used to a shower ask for a room with a proper shower otherwise you will get a bath that h...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda T

Hi amandajthorn
Thanks for your review and your comments I will certainly look in to the issues you raised and get them sorted ASAP. As for showers and baths we are slowly upgrading the rooms with baths only and adding proper showers so for now like you say if you want a shower give us a call and we can sort you a room that best meets your requirements. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you gain some day.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Just returned today from our Christmas break at the majestic. I know the hotel is a bit `tired` but we had a fantastic time with so much fun, due to Amanda Jayne the tireless hostess with the moistest who ensured everyone had a ball! The food was really good and all the staff are excellent. Thank you all for a fab time and Happy new year...

Room Tip: Don`t expect 4 star quality but you can depend on good food, fun and entertainment from a wonderful...
2  Thank nadine b

Hi nadine b
Thanks for your great review i am delighted to see you enjoyed your Christmas with us. I will pass on your kind words to Amanda and the rest of my team. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Return visit to this hotel and yet again a fantastic week, thank you.
There was a warm welcome to everyone by Blanca on arrival.
All the restaurant and bar staff were friendly, helpful and would do anything to make your holiday enjoyable.
Food was always hot and there was ample to choose from.
The cleaners may not be seen very often but do a good job keeping everywhere looking good despite the hotel going through an upgrade which must be difficult for them at times.
Entertainment once again wonderful and something for everyone.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

3  Thank JAH25
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Hi JAH25
What a lovely review I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure I pass on your great comments to all the staff and thanks for the recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Good weekend Saturday night paticulary good entertainment food. Good waiter/s very efficient and attentive we were
Lucky with the weather and thought very good value for money. Hotel much better than expected for the price we had paid and would definetley recommend it o

2  Thank Maureen D

Hi Maureen D
Fantastic thanks for your great review, I am pleased to see we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your birthday weekend with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Just got back last night from a five day break I took my mum and we both had a lovely time. I can not fault anything about the hotel. Food was excellent with ample portions and lots of choice and was always piping hot, our waiter was called Alex and he was very friendly and always smiling [ well done Alex] Rooms very clean and bright we stayed in room 123 lovely and warm and plenty of hot water.. I was very impressed with the Manager on our first night we was having a cig outside the front entrance and he made a point of coming up to us and telling us about the enclosed heated area at the side of the hotel and he too was always friendly and smiling. We didn't see the entertainment as my mum is elderly and was tired after a full day. The trips were fab and our driver was excellent. I really cant believe how Shearings can do these breaks so cheap. Where could you get 4 nights in a fab hotel fab food all your travel and included excursions for £135.00 each oh and 4 free drinks each per day. Well done to all the staff and the Manager for running such a brilliant team. Lorraine Johnson Brighton.

Room Tip: Room 123 was great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lorraine J
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Hi Lorraine J
I am touched that is probably the nicest review I have ever read thank you very much. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us. My maintenance man and I built the smoking shelter and I am glad to see people using and enjoying it with its views over the swimming pool. I will pass on your lovely comments to Alex and the rest of my team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a 5 day self-drive at the Majestic and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.Our room was 210 and could not be faulted in any way,probably the best room we have ever stayed in.The meals were very nice,and I must mention our waitress who was extremely efficient and the FASTEST server in the west.She was the blonde girl from Latvia who was leaving on Friday to return home.As previously stated,Amanda Jane was a very good singer and entertainer with an engaging personality and I must also mention Neil too,he was very good as well.As a keen snooker player I was pleasantly surprised to see the hotel had one.All in all a very pleasant few days.Peter M and Maureen

Room Tip: Ask for 210,its been refurbished.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter M

Hi Peter M
Fantastic what a lovely review I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I will of course pass on your comments to everyone. We hope to see you again soon.