“room 221”

Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel
Ranked #37 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have just got back from the Majestic Hotel Bournemouth,
Tipical Shearing 5 day break,well worth the money. hotel food and entertainment was o.k.
The bedroom 221 had been painted ,but then we opened the bathroom door,the ceiling paper was hanging off ,and the paint on the walls and the tiles mouldy were filthy.
I think room 221 should be taken out of use until they instal an extrator fan the bathroom and redecorate.

1  Thank alan299
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Hi Alan299
Thanks for your review; we had a leak in the bathroom. You will be pleased to hear I am sure, we have taken room 221 off sale and are in the process of install a new ceiling and re decorating the room. I am sorry if this caused your stay with us to be less than you had expected on this occasion and i hope we will see you again some time.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We spent a week end here 30/2/2014 room excellent food good entertainment excellent
the guests were a good crowd a mixture of shearing's coach parties and private visitors
our coach driver from Yorkshire was a great asset to the week end

Room Tip: Room 112 excellent near lift and stairs
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Hi Derek B
Thanks for your review short and sweet just like my reply. I am glad to see we hit the button for you and you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Group trip for forty Mature Adults with a wealth of travel and Holiday experiences, this was indeed a feel good break. Coached in by 'Shearings' a easy going trip down from the North West(+) to be allocated rooms immediately(+) and told not to worry about luggage, which was delivered to the rooms in minutes(+). Our particular room faced the gardens to the side of the Hotel and was spacious with twin beds & on-suite, TV with numerous channels (+) Tea & Coffee facilities plenty of hangers(+).
Catering was arranged so we sat at same table daily(+) Food choices very good & of above average quality.
Entertainment Good variety of Music, Bingo & Live Acts each evening and very good standard.
Checkout uneventful just as you like it.
Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Hi frkgolf
Thanks for your great review; it’s always lovely to read reviews especially when people have enjoyed their time with us. I will of course pass on your comments to the rest of my team. We hope to see you again some time.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

stayed at this hotel feb 2014,the room i stayed in was dirty and small,the carpet was very dirty,the bath room made me not want to wash it was so dirty,and had a smell to it.my room number was 119. never never again.

4  Thank james c
tracey_moores, General Manager at Bay Majestic Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Hi james c
I am sorry and very surprised to read your review. We have many great reviews about our hotel and I will of course look in to this and take whatever action may be needed.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have just spent 2 days at this hotel for a little rest and quiet and it was brilliant. The receptionist was extremely welcoming and efficient and we all had a little laugh as none of us could open the door to the allocated room, needless to say was upgraded free of charge - nice ! The food was excellent and the staff were rushed off their feet but always willing and served with a smile ! The rooms have obviously been re decorated and brought into the 21st century and are lovely. A huge marine fishtank in the dining area just added to the relaxing ambience. The lounge was lovely and I had tempura prawns for lunch as a starter. I was surprised when I was served 6 prawns and a salad for only £5.95 - excellent value. The entertainment on Saturday night was a little boring but the husband and wife act on Sun day was very good !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynette A

Hi Lynette A
Thanks for your great review I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to the rest of my team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Booked a last minute 3 night, self drive, weekend break. Priced at only £33 per person per night for half board, entertainment plus four free drinks on the Saturday, night it looked a bargain. On arrival at 1330hrs, the receptionist was very abrupt and asked where we had parked our car! Seemingly we had parked in the area intended for several coaches (there was no signage to indicate that this was a reserved area) and so we were told to move it onto the road. Also none of the rooms would be ready until 1500hrs. What a lovely way to be greeted!
We were allocated room 223. For the price it was OK, comfortable beds and clean linen. A pity the room cleaners had not vacuumed the floor covering inside the wardrobe. It was dirty. Central heating was not working but an electric/oil heater was by the side of the bed. The bathroom did not have a shower nor even a hand shower attached to the the bath taps for rinsing one's hair. The only colour in the bathroom was the Black mould and flaking paint on the window frame and window reveal. The toilet bowl leaked water onto the floor, the toilet inner rim was covered with Black limescale, the toilet paper holder was rusty. The bath taps were covered in limescale, no shelf adjacent to the wash basin for even a few toiletries, the mirror above the basin was too low which necessitated stooping to shave, and the sink plug chain was broken. Would you feel welcome at this hotel??
The service in the Dining room was excellent and food presentation was good. Breakfasts were standard fair and very acceptable. The quality and variety of food at dinner was of a budget variety and edible. On the three nights I selected the'Chefs signature dish of the day'. Well if those were signature dishes I will not be asking for the chef's autograph!
The bar service was good and the entertainment generally of a good standard. What spoilt it is repetitious 60/70/80 music that seems stereotypical for those 'of a certain age'. The entertainments management need to get a grip and play some of the great music that has been recorded over the last 25 years as well.
And finally, on checking out this morning and having monitored it over the last three days, the staircarpet from the reception area up to the first floor had not been cleaned once in that period.
This report contains no emotion from me, just some of the facts that I experienced. They will not get a second chance with my money.

Room Tip: Book into somewhere else if you want thorough cleanliness.
4  Thank MeltonMowbrayPete

Hi MeltonMowbray Pete
Thanks for your review. We have redecorated the bathroom in question now and installed a shower over the bath. We are slowly doing all the rooms with baths only and hope to get them finished later this year. I am a bit surprised you found so much wrong as most of our reviews are fantastic.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

A honest review .went week 13-17 January Reasonable location 2 minute walk to sea front 30 minute to Bournemouth centre 2 minute walk to bus stops very good service to all local towns.
No view of sea only a 20 storey ugly building.Bar area and restauraunt well maintained clean reception area welcoming.
Dining tables very close to each other 8 inch gap fine if you want to chat every meal either side of you but a nightmare if you don't.
Food quite good for a Shearings good choice.
Room I stayed in on third floor tired décor but large beds comfy but room freezing radiator not working,but room well cleaned.
The best part were the staff who were exceptional polite well turned out a credit to the hotel could not fault any of them.
To conclude a enjoyable stay worth what I paid.

Room Tip: Top floor cold radiator did not work
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wetherby12

Hi wetherby12
Thanks for your review I am glad to see you enjoyed your time with us and would come again. I am sorry to hear your heating was not working and I will make sure this is looked in to as normally all ours rooms are lovely and warm. We look forward to seeing you again soon.