“Loved it (again!)”
Review of Clarendon Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bournemouth
Clarendon Lodge
Ranked #51 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Recently back for another year on business in Boscombe (the seventh year I've stayed at the Clarendon Lodge) and Roger and Elizabeth were as welcoming as ever. Everything you could wish for in an English B&B - peaceful, spotlessly clean, good facilities, great location a few minutes' walk from a beautiful sea front, delicious breakfast cooked to order each morning, and nothing too much trouble for the proprietors. Big corporate hotels are all very well, but I'd choose this instead every time for its peace and quiet, friendliness and personal touch. Highly recommended. Every intention of returning next year.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I love staying here when I work in the area occasionally. The owners are so friendly, the breakfast great and everywhere is spotlessly clean. In a great location close to the sea, not in a busy noisy area but close to everything you need. I agree with someone else who said it is a very relaxing homely place to stay. Can't recommend it highly enough - even my 'fussy about breakfast' partner loves it when he comes here with me!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a one night stay on the eve of our friends wedding. Clarendon Lodge is wonderfully located and was only a short walk to the wedding reception (great when I had forgot our daughters dummy!) The owners where very nice answering all questions we had and even providing a packed lunch for my partner who had to be out early to apply make-up on four bridesmaids, a very nervous bride and brides mother.
So the night. . . Well me and my partner suffer from bad backs and finding a mattress that is comfortable is extremely difficult, that said we had a good nights sleep.
In the morning I took my partner to the Bride and made my way back for a wonderful cooked breakfast and lovely coffee.
My daughter decided she didn't fancy the whole wheetabix but enjoyed an apricot yoghurt. Suffice to say I was looked after very well, enjoyed good conversation and set up for the busy day ahead.
Once over with breakfast (which I was allowed to have earlier due to said busy day) I packed up and came back to pay just as the breakfast room was filling up. Without disrupting the flow of food for others the owners processed my payment and helped me out the door with daughter and pram and things I had left behind.
I was so very glad for the off-street parking and although we didn't get to use it the very of the garden was wonderful and I can imagine it being a wonderful place to relax with wine and a good book.
Thank you very much.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was a lovely homely relaxed place to stay with great breakfast and friendly owners! Wifi worked well and enough tea was provided for morning and night. Comfortable to come and go as you please :)

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Another great visit. The welcome was lovely as usual and nothing was too much trouble. Bed was very comfortable and the shower was very good. Breakfast was very good and it was nice to sit and have a chat with a glass of wine with Liz and Roger.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at the Clarendon lodge for one night whilst visiting family. It is a very nice b & b. The owners are welcoming and cook a very tasty English breakfast!

Our room was at the top, rear of the property, it was very quiet and relaxing. It was a hot weekend and although we were at the top of the house, the room was still fairly cool.

The b & b was clean and tidy and has lots of excellent paintings. The hotel is within short walking distance of the beach and the shops.

We will definitely stay again next time we are visiting relatives.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in Feb 2014. The couple who run the B and B were really friendly and helpful with a sound knowledge of the area. The rooms are a good size and the shower was lovely (ask for a room with a shower if you want one!). Cooked breakfast was very tasty and cooked anyway you like. We would stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends