“Never again...”

and 1 more site!
The Fairmount Hotel
Ranked #116 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel on 7/11/13 on arrival we had to pay an additional £5 for parking overnight which was kind of expected being in the location it is. We also were asked to sign a piece of paper on arrival at no point were we asked to read and sign any terms and conditions. We got to our room where we had 7 beds squeezed in the room and the curtain was hanging off the rail but all seemed ok at first for what we were paying. Shortly after our neigbours above us arrived which sounded like a heard of elephants which was persistent for most of the evening and which also woke us up at 7am the next morning. The showers were clean enough but they were push button showers which lasted no longer than 7 seconds on pushing which was rather frustrating, but again you get what you pay for. Five of us 7 girls took our own towels , and 7 white towel for each person was provided by the hotel. Which then leads me to the most disappointing part of the whole experience, Today we received an email from the hotel themselves explaining that they were going to going to take a further £50.00 out of the bank card that paid for the hotel for 5 'Make up' staines to the towels provided so apparently they need to buy new ones. Firstly 5 of us took our own towels, and secondly these marks are minimal and could easily be washed out . We were all outraged to hear this and are going to be on to trading standards first thing Monday Morning, this is not the first time this has happened either as there are many other reviews similar. This is my first time on Trip advisor as i am generally very happy with experiences I have at similar hotels and am not one for complaining but this by far has been the most disappointing and WE WIL NOT BE RETURNING!
Please note do not use this hotel if you want to be scammed for using their towels/bedsheets!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel if you want to be scammed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Fairmount Hotel

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We Stayed here for one night on the 7th of October we came to Bournemouth for a music event a the bic centre , 4 girls in early 20s we shared in room 27. There was 3 single beds and one double the room was spotless and the beds were so comfortable!! One of the comfiest beds I've slept in. Tea coffee kettle all included. Bathroom nice and clean. Also the hotel had a vending machine with beverages paracetemol and snacks for when we were coming in the early hours.for four you gs girls coming for a night out it had everything we could of needed and everything was nearby. Thanks for a comfortable stay at a brilliant price if I ever come back ill be staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Arrived last night at the hotel for an overnight stop ahead of a meeting with work.

For £19.50 what more can you expect? The room was clean and tidy and the service was great on arrival.

Other visitors are quite loud throughout the night but I suppose the hotel can't stop that.

Overall a pleasant stay and worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as part of my hen night in Bournemouth. After reading other reviews on trip advisor I was really worried but when I arrived I pleasantly surprised!
The room was clean and spacious and had everything that we needed. We were only using it for somewhere to get ready and then sleep so it was perfect for our needs.
The location is also good as is not too far a walk from everything. Breakfast was included and we were given vouchers as this was at a pub around the corner. The breakfast was actually really nice!
Would reccomend staying here if you just need a cheap room to stay in.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I only stayed here overnight and booked the room through laterooms.com.
I have to say I wasn't expecting much as I paid so little but the room was lovely. The hotel is a dated and the carpets could do with a bit of a shampoo but you can overlook that as the room was clean and the bed very comfy.
The hotel owner/manager? was really nice. Friendly and happy to help.
Give it a whirl.. see what you think x

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at this so called hotel with my family. If I had not paid upfront before being handed the key I would have driven to another hotel whatever the cost. On opening the door of our room it was so small the carpet was filthy, the plug socket near the table lamp was hanging off the wall. In the bathroom the toilet seat was hanging off and we were provided with one towel that bearly fitted round your body. The toilet window didnt even shut so there was a safety issue at night and during the day. At night it was rowdy as people were laughing and shouting at the top of their voices and banging doors. Overall I have to say I was glad to get out of there and come home.

Room Tip: I cannot see there being one
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2013

7 of us booked a room for one night for a work night out, after reading tripadvisor comments we were all a bit worried about the night but we were massively impressed with everything exactly what you pay for! Would defiantly return... Infact we are already planning it!!

• Stayed: September 2013