“Great family/pet Hotel Bournemouth”
Review of Shirley Hotel

Shirley Hotel
Ranked #58 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very Friendly Hotel , great breakfast, our dog enjoyed himself . The owners make you very welcome. We have been there a couple of times now - in season and out of season. We recommend this to all. No matter your age and very prt friendly. Loved our time with Jorge and his wife and Bobby his dog . Excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: If disabled Room 1 or 15.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Arleen M
There are newer reviews for Shirley Hotel

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very friendly staff and great full English breakfast with cereal and juices. Clean pleasant room. Owner and his wife very friendly and enjoyed talking to us and could not do enough to make our stay an enjoyable experience. We would both go there again and recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear would probably be quieter as we overlooked the main street.
2  Thank philip s
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just returned from a mini break to Bournemouth and stayed at Shirley hotel. What a find! This is a lovely B&B Jorge the owner has really has thought of everything. The attention to detail is fantastic. We had a small double! It was terrific so clean and fresh with everything you could want. a really comfortable bed with coffee and tea making facilities. Complimentary shampoo shower gel and soap and lovely towels! the breakfast was outstanding everything you may want! I cannot praise this place enough but am afraid that it will get too popular and I will struggle to get in! Thank you again Jorge! we will be back!

1  Thank Liz R
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I have just spent four nights at the Shirley and would certainly come back again. The room was small but comfortable, with the usual tea/coffee facilities, and plenty of towels.

The breakfast was well worth the extra £5 and included cereal, yoghurt, fruit juices, toast, jams, marmalade, honey, Marmite, finishing off with a full English breakfast with toast and a choice of tea or coffee, more than enough to satisfy most people's needs I should think.

Jorge, our host, we found to be excellent, and I enjoyed the friendly banter and jokes at breakfast time, but our most favourite member of the staff was Bobby, the dog who also made us very welcome.

Room Tip: Book early as the Shirley seems to be very popular.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Back from a two night break at the Shirley Hotel. A very clean and tidy hotel and a lovely room where for once all the décor matched . The breakfast was good and plentiful and kept me going all day. Jorge was very nice and polite . Parking as well which was an added bonus . I wish I had booked for longer but I will definitely go back and will advise anyone I know wanting a bed and breakfast in Bournemouth to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My partner and I have just returned from spending four great nights at this lovely place. Jorge the owner was a fantastic host, very friendly, took great care to make general conversation and always keen to help. The cooked breakfast was perfect and just enough to keep us going for the day. There was a choice of a full English, cereals, yoghurt and fruit. The rooms were comfortable, spacious, clean, fresh and well kept, great to return to after along day sightseeing. Jorge's little dog Bobbie was a cutie and made us chuckle daily. If we return to Bournemouth someday we will definitely give the Shirley a visit.

Mary, Paul and Benson xx

1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have just returned from a hen weekend at the Shirley Hotel. We had a great stay. Jorge and his wife were very lovely and helpful. The rooms were extremely clean. I liked the decor of the rooms. Nice not to have carpet or fabric headboards! Be prepared for noise as there will be stag and hen dos. Close to the shops and beach. Off road car park. Couldn't fault it. I am going to take my family for a stay there

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends