I had the misfortune of staying at the Liston hotel at the weekend.
As part of a family wedding we had booked a few rooms at the hotel for the event. We knew we we're in for an 'interesting' night from the moment we stepped foot in the hotel where we we greeted by the most uncharismatic receptionist. Things only got worse from that point forward. I don't want to confuse fact with fiction so below are the key issues we had with the hotel.
-all the rooms need updating as they are stuck in the 60s and 70s
- in all the rooms we had the mattresses were long past there use by dates, with 2 clear body grooves on either side of the bed
- in one of the rooms we had to move a full size mirror in order to switch on the bathroom light, in the same room there was no door handle on the bathroom door so it couldn't be shut properly
- In another room only 1 of the,lights worked, all the other light bulbs had gone
- In all the rooms only a tiny bar of soap was provided, even in travelodges and premieur Inns they provide wash kit
- All the walls were paper thin and you could here everything at all times
- We were awoken at 6.30am by the washing machines and tumble dryers on the 1st floor
- The food at the buffet was terrible, we were one of the 1st few up and everything was stone cold, even the fish, potato wedges, chicken.
- The bar only took cash, with a very limited drinks choice.
- We we tried to leave the room at 9.45 the corridor outside the room was full with cleaning equipment and stuff which we had to dodge round with suitcase. Not what you expect!
All in all its safe to say I would never ever stay or come here again, and would advise others to avoid this place to avoid disappointment.