“Made very welcome, rooms clean, breakfast excellent”

The Chocolate Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 134 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed for 2 nights via Groupon and we got a very good deal, however, you were made to feel no different that full paying customers. The staff were lovely, helpful and polite. The room we had was on the top floor it was hot but otherwise you just could not complain. The water pressure was a little low but then we were on the top floor and would never complain because the water was hot and remained at the temperature you wanted. The breakfast was excellent could not be faulted, the hotel itself was extremely pleasant and you are left to come and go as you wish. There is a private garden which you can sit outside with tables & chairs and it is ideally located. I would most definitely return there for another stay I was very happy and did not want to leave. They recommend restaurants and places to go, it was perfect, thank you. You cannot ask for any more chocolate, there is plenty in the rooms, plenty in the hallway just perfect.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are quite small in comparison to our friends on the first floor but they are mor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Chocolate Boutique Hotel for one night in June 2012. It is somewhere I have wanted to stay for a while so I was really excited about the trip. As it was such a treat I decided to go all out and book a suite (the montezuma suite) and I also added the chocolate fountain in our room - a total cost of £170 for one night - which to me is A LOT! We usually stay in B&B's.
Our welcome was warm and friendly and the host (a gentleman) was helpful with local knowledge of where to eat (the Thai restaurant round the corner he recommended was amazing). He was also very accommodating in having the chocolate fountain ready for us when we wanted.
The room was lovely and clean. A massive bed which was so comfortable it was like sleeping in a marshmallow. We had chocolate on our bedside cabinets. There was a separate sitting room (but with no door to separate the bedroom, just an archway so it was an open plan suite) with a leather sofa, a TV and a desk. There was also a pot of more chocolate yum yum. There is also an en suite shower room - all very lovely and all very modern - but probably not a big as i'd hoped for a £140 per night suite. We ordered the chocolate fountain in our room as an extra (+£30) which was ready and waiting for us when we returned from our evening meal - it was lovely and came with strawberries and marshmallows- but I think £30 is seriously overpriced.
Breakfast in the morning was good - help yourself to cereal, yoghurt etc (there should have been more fruit though) and then full english / eggs on toast etc made to order which was really nice.
Overall this was a good stay - lovely hotel and very comfortable- but I do this it is very overpriced for what you get. I wouldn't be willing to pay for a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CharlotteJamie
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed here last month with my boyfriend, using a KGB Deals voucher, we also paid full price for an extra night. We were greeted by a smell of chocolate and an efficient receptionist who gave us our keys and explained where breakfast would be. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is more of a B&B than a hotel. Personally I prefer a B&B atmosphere.
We stayed in the White Chocolate room on the top floor, which was clean and modern. There are quite a lot of stairs and I couldn't see a lift, so bear that in mind when deciding on a room. The hospitality tray had all the usual tea and coffee that you would expect, I'm always happy to see extras like camomile tea and Earl Grey. A little bowl of chocolates on the dressing table was replenished daily, as were the chocolates on the bed side table. The bed was ridiculously comfortable, I don't know how they did it but I felt like I was sinking into a cloud. The only problem was that the room got very very hot at night- I assume that's why there was a fan in the room!
The bathroom was nicely decorated with lovely toiletries, though we did think chocolate scented ones would have been a nice touch!! The shower was a tad small and we're both fairly slim.
Breakfast was lovely, my boyfriend was delighted to see smoked salmon on the menu. I had a full English two days and the chocolate pancakes another day. You just get one at a time and can ask for more but the one was plenty for me as there was lots of chocolate sauce. Lots of teas and coffees to choose from as well as fruit and yoghurt.
We had a chocolate cocktail in the bar on the Friday night. I think it is only open Fridays and Saturdays but you can request for it to be open other nights. This seems sensible to me, as we were the only guests in there at 8.30 on a Friday. The bar is quite charming and 50's inspired with a wide range of spirits.
The hotel itself is in a lovely listed (I believe) building in a quiet area although lots of bars and restaurants are two minutes walk away, the shops are 15 minutes walk, and the beach is around half an hour if you take a gentle stroll through the pleasure gardens. We had a delightful stay at the hotel and in Bournemouth and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: White Chocolate room is very nice but is up a lot of stairs and gets very hot at night
Reviewed 11 June 2012

What a lovely boutique hotel. We were greeted at the door by a lovely receptionist and chocolate, marshmallows and buttons! Yummy! The hotel foyer was very tastefully decorated in a chocolate theme as described on their website. There was four of us on a 'girlie trip' but as we booked quite late, we had to have a double and a twin room.The rooms were lovely, the decor was nice & stylish, & the chocolate treats were gratefully accepted! We had the Aztec room no. 8 which did have a sofa bed in too.(only negative point is the wall paper is a bit tired in this room) The bathroom was very modern & the shower was very powerful. My friend and I had to share the bed but it was so huge it wasn't a problem. The silk rose petals on the bed were a nice touch. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was nice and plentiful. We all said we'd have no problem it returning to the Chocolate Hotel.

Room Tip: As this is a large old house if you have mobility issues the top floor maybe too may stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I took my parents away for their anniversary on recommendation from friends. We all enjoyed our stay, we were made to feel extremely welcome by the owners and anything you needed or restaurant recommendations they were there to help. The rooms were very nice, clean and most of all comfortable. If you want a personal touch and you like chocolate this hotel is a must !!!

Room Tip: I booked two twin rooms. They were two of the smallest rooms in the hotel. They both both very quie...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We are bona-fide guests, have no connection with the Owners, and our stay was paid for as a birthday present from a friend.

We found the Owners to be very friendly and attentive, both on our arrival and during our stay. The building is fairly old and quaint, but very well-kept, our room and separate bathroom were stylish and delicious.. and although a bit of a climb up the stairs, well worth the effort. It helps if you like chocolate, cos you're never far away from some, (complimentary of course)!

Breakfast is lovely, and the whole experience is fabulous from the bar with massive and curious cocktail making device and juke box, to the breakfast room with a very posh machine by which you make stunning REAL coffee, which even grinds your beans, everything is agreeable, and very happy-making.

First class stay in a first class Hotel, at Bournemouth, the ultimate first class seaside destination.. We will definitely return.

One disappointment, no restaurant, I'm sure that if this ambience and style were to be available in a food context we would never have left!

Room Tip: Phone and chat to the Boss, and Mrs Boss, they are very anxious to please. Our 2nd floor suite was...
Reviewed 19 May 2012

i took my husband to stay at the chocolate hotel in may for two nights, the rooms are very clean although a little small,but hey who stays in them all day, the breakfast room great, laid out very well,nice breakfast.The couple who own the hotel were very friendly,but the bar is always shut, and although they do offer to open it for you,in the dark it looks a bit uninviting im sure if it had been open we would have popped in for a drink.my only real gripe is the water out of the taps runs warm and if like me you need a drink to take tablets at night it is most off putting with warm water, it would be useful to have a water cooler in the hall.
p.s yes i also agree with another peron the chocolate in the rooms is very average and considering they are chocolatires i think a little more thought could go into the room chocolates, something with a bit of filling ie ;praline or chilli and chocolate,i can buy buttons anywhere.